SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:16 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
the best NBA teams?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [50 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1090

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: the best NBA teams?
Subject description: what do you think?

Who does everyone think the elite 8 teams in the NBA are?

My elite 8 are:
1: Phoenix Suns- All their starters are good and most great.
2: Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki and a great offense.
3: San Antonio Spurs- Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, and Tony Parker.
4: Denver Nuggets- Carmelo Anthony=best pure scorer in the NBA.
5: Houston Rockets- Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming.
6: Cleveland Cavaliers- King James!!!
7: Los Angeles Lakers- Kobe Bryant and have young players stepping up.
8: Utah Jazz- Great team chemistry and decent players and a great coach.

A little Bias on Los Angeles but their young and they have kobe!
If Yao Ming and Tracy MacGrady can stay healthy they will be fine.
I stand by everything else.
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: the best NBA teams?
Subject description: what do you think?

well i copied and pasted my 3, love the lakers though

My elite 3 are:
2: Los Angeles Lakers- Kobe Bryant and have young players stepping up.
3: Utah Jazz- Great team chemistry and decent players and a great coach.

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
Kyle
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 326

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Not that I give a rats butt about pro basketball, but what about Detroit? They've been very good for years now. And why the Lakers? You must be a Kobe fan. He's a ball-hog, but he has to be. If he struggles a bit the team blows, but they have gotten better this year. I can barely watch a couple Finals games. College is so much better.
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

Kyle wrote:
Not that I give a rats butt about pro basketball, but what about Detroit? They've been very good for years now. And why the Lakers? You must be a Kobe fan. He's a ball-hog, but he has to be. If he struggles a bit the team blows, but they have gotten better this year. I can barely watch a couple Finals games. College is so much better.

Detroit lost Ben Wallace. That should be enough right there to tell you why Detroit wont be making a whole lot of "Elite 8" listings. They're still a very good team (and might even make my top eight), but they're not the same. Picking the Lakers hardly means you're a Kobe fan, either. They're 9-4 so far(better than the Pistons), and are playing like a true top of the line team.

If you really hate the NBA that much, maybe you just shouldn't bother posting in an NBA-related thread. Just a thought.
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Kyle wrote:

I agree that Detroit has defentally made my elite 8 before and, they have been a great team for years, but it is now time to hand over that title of elite to other teams such as the 8 that I have down or that anyone else has down. Like Chippy said they did lose Big Ben Wallace which was their heart and soul(and their only good defensive player besides the Prince(Tayshawn Prince). I am a Kobe Byrant Fan as a mater of fact. Theres nothing wrong with him. Everyone says that he's a ballhog but chippy is also right again...he HAS to be sometimes. Kobe bryant is a different Kobe. He has been trusting Odem and the others a lot more.
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5019

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Kyle wrote:

You clearly have not watched any Lakers games this year. Kobe is at about 70 percent at the moment and just had 10 assists last night(bad shooting night too) and won, and they are 9-4(2-0 without him. And they beat the Suns and Warriors on a back to back) I'd recommend watching Kobe play this year, instead of continuing to call him a ballhog(after you admit that you don't even watch the NBA).

And the Eastern Conference sucks. Badly.
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:
And the Eastern Conference sucks. Badly.

This is a fact. The Eastern Conference is the worst it's ever been! They might as well just let the Western Conference play and not the Eastern Conference at all! Notice my elite 8 teams up there......only one Eastern Conference team and thats Cleveland who is clearly the powerhouse of all the Eastern Conference teams.

I think I might pick a sleeper to win it all though. The team I have in mind is the Denver Nuggets 'cause of the best ballplayer in the NBA and thats Carmelo Anthony! Plus Carmelo has found his wingman who can actually contribute on offence! Saying all of that i'm sure ya'll think im crazy. lol
pizzaguy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 4887

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, I don't have a favorite team. So I'm just gonna go with the closest team to me.

Go Pistons!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bowlerdude7733
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1516

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

The best team in the East, when healthy, is the Cavs. They just need to get all the parts working again with Hughes getting hurt too much.

When you have LBJ, you can win any night.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject:

bowlerdude7733 wrote:
The best team in the East, when healthy, is the Cavs. They just need to get all the parts working again with Hughes getting hurt too much.

Not that that's saying much. Razz

Seriously though, if Lebron can't get the Cavs to the Finals this year, that'd be embarrassing. The Heat won't get Shaq back till there are 10 or less games left in the season,(I know they're saying he'll only be out 4-6 weeks, but I've seen Shaq injure his toe and miss 40 something games, and he ain't coming back in 4-6 weeks), and they're basically the only other legitimate team in the East.
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 4887

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Toronto is some beasts. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:
bowlerdude7733 wrote:

Seriously though, if Lebron can't get the Cavs to the Finals this year, that'd be embarrassing. The Heat won't get Shaq back till there are 10 or less games left in the season,(I know they're saying he'll only be out 4-6 weeks, but I've seen Shaq injure his toe and miss 40 something games, and he ain't coming back in 4-6 weeks), and they're basically the only other legitimate team in the East.

The thing is, when he does get back, the Heart turns back into a potentially dominant team, at least by East standards. He's not as good as he used to be by any means, and he wont play as many minutes either. But Shaq still adds a LOT to the Heat. And since he would be back for the playoffs, I don't think the Cav's will be getting that easy of a road to the finals.

The Pistons aren't awful this year either. There are a couple teams that could (maybe even should) give a healthy Cav's team a run for their money. But yes, this is certainly the best chance LeBron has had so far to carry his team into the finals. I'd love to see it happen, personally. A LeBron/Kobe match up in the finals? Wow!
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Chippy wrote:
Georgy wrote:
bowlerdude7733 wrote:

The thing is, when he does get back, the Heart turns back into a potentially dominant team, at least by East standards. He's not as good as he used to be by any means, and he wont play as many minutes either. But Shaq still adds a LOT to the Heat. And since he would be back for the playoffs, I don't think the Cav's will be getting that easy of a road to the finals.

The Pistons aren't awful this year either. There are a couple teams that could (maybe even should) give a healthy Cav's team a run for their money. But yes, this is certainly the best chance LeBron has had so far to carry his team into the finals. I'd love to see it happen, personally. A LeBron/Kobe match up in the finals? Wow!

I don't know man, Shaq hasn't been looking good lately, and with another knee surgery and 2-3 months out, I really don't know how much he really will be able to help. Detroit definitely has a shot, but without Wallace, they really lost their identity.

Still too early to tell how good the Lakers are since their early schedule has been mostly home games, but I'm sure the NBA and Stern would love a Kobe/Lebron finals, and what Stern wants, Stern gets. Surprised
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 410

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

er...what about Orlando in the east?
Kyle
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 326

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Chippy wrote:

Detroit lost Ben Wallace. That should be enough right there to tell you why Detroit wont be making a whole lot of "Elite 8" listings. They're still a very good team (and might even make my top eight), but they're not the same. Picking the Lakers hardly means you're a Kobe fan, either. They're 9-4 so far(better than the Pistons), and are playing like a true top of the line team.

I actually haven't kept up enough to know that they lost Big Ben, but I did know they were still first in their conference. I guess that would be why they weren't mentioned.

Chippy wrote:
If you really hate the NBA that much, maybe you just shouldn't bother posting in an NBA-related thread. Just a thought.

So, you are saying just because someone doesn't like something they shouldn't comment on it? That's a bit ridiculous don't you think? Maybe if all I could do was bash pro basketball, I'd be better off not posting....but I wasn't. On the other hand, I probably shouldn't be posting about something I'm not up to date on though.

Apparently nobody completely read what I wrote so I will quote it again.

Quote:

koolzach1 wrote:
Everyone says that he's a ballhog but chippy is also right again...he HAS to be sometimes.

Note that Chippy said nothing about being a ball-hog.

Georgy wrote:
You clearly have not watched any Lakers games this year. Kobe is at about 70 percent at the moment and just had 10 assists last night(bad shooting night too) and won, and they are 9-4(2-0 without him. And they beat the Suns and Warriors on a back to back) I'd recommend watching Kobe play this year, instead of continuing to call him a ballhog(after you admit that you don't even watch the NBA).

True I haven't watched any Lakers games this year. I do know that he isn't 100% yet and has relied on an improved team. That may partly be due to him not being a ball-hog so far this year. It's not like I consistently call him that in all my post or something, I merely said it once and defended him for it (which I probably shouldn't have seeing how well they are doing without that). The season is still very young, and things might go back to same once he is completely healthy. I think maybe this will make him a better player and realize he doesn't need to score 81 points for his team to win, but you never know. By the way, are you policing all my sporting post now?
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Kyle wrote:
Georgy wrote:

True I haven't watched any Lakers games this year. I do know that he isn't 100% yet and has relied on an improved team. That may partly be due to him not being a ball-hog so far this year. It's not like I consistently call him that in all my post or something, I merely said it once and defended him for it (which I probably shouldn't have seeing how well they are doing without that). The season is still very young, and things might go back to same once he is completely healthy. I think maybe this will make him a better player and realize he doesn't need to score 81 points for his team to win, but you never know. By the way, are you policing all my sporting post now?

Yes.
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

koolzach1 wrote:
Everyone says that he's a ballhog but chippy is also right again...he HAS to be sometimes.

kyle wrote:
Note that Chippy said nothing about being a ball-hog.

Im sorry I meant you was right about that and I have no idea why I said chippy is right again and you are right about "Kobe being a ballhog but, he has to be."

I actually was very tired 'cause I had to run a lot in gym to make up a day that I missed. It was Monday and and I just had gym an hour ago and I was just completely worn out. I just always come on the forums after while I train my team and then I just like to lay back and rest afterwards.
Mexican 4 life

Forum ID: 7381

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject:

who cares if Kobe is a ball hog......if it helps win games then let him be
Los Titos Flys
azizbatihk

Forum ID: 7334

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject:

My elite is the Denver Nuggets- Carmelo Anthony=best pure scorer in the NBA. ( copied and pasted)

But I am still a Miami Heat Fan
569476 4* ST, 307190 5* FA
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:

azizbatihk wrote:
My elite is the Denver Nuggets- Carmelo Anthony=best pure scorer in the NBA. ( copied and pasted)

But I am still a Miami Heat Fan

There you go! Someone else beside me thinks that the Denver Nuggets are an Elite team and I now have a more improved list this time with top ten instead.

2: Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki and a great offense.
3: Denver Nuggets- Carmelo Anthony=best pure scorer in the NBA.
4: San Antonio Spurs- Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, and Tony Parker.
5: Houston Rockets- Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming.
6: Los Angeles Lakers- Kobe Bryant and have young players stepping up.
7: Utah Jazz- Great team chemistry and decent players and a great coach.
8: Detroit Pistons- They have found there selves finally for the first time since they had Big Ben Wallace.
9: Orlando Magic- The beast Dwight Howard!
10: Cleveland has been disappointing me of lately since there 5-5 in there last 10 games. They do however have King James and Larry Hughes.

1 write in which is just about or tied with Cleveland. I would have to say that Chicago will eventually win aorund or very near 50 games so I will have to include them to.
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Denver is not an elite team. Sure, they'll make the playoffs, but they play absolutely no defense and come playoff time it just doesn't work. And what is this "Carmello is the 'best pure' scorer in the game"? Are you kidding me? Is Kobe a different kind of scorer?
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1739

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:
Denver is not an elite team. Sure, they'll make the playoffs, but they play absolutely no defense and come playoff time it just doesn't work. And what is this "Carmello is the 'best pure' scorer in the game"? Are you kidding me? Is Kobe a different kind of scorer?

Yes, Kobe is a very blended and unpure scorer.

"It's humanly impossible to stop [No.] 85. You are kind of insulting me. I cannot be stopped. Period."
-- Chad Johnson
breakboy forever
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6341

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:

I think they mean "pure" as in "you know what your going to get from him every night." Sometimes Kobe doesn't get his season average in points, but then sometimes he gets way above his season average... he's a little more unpredictable in his game. Then again, Kobe is a machine, and can get 50 a game if he pleases.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

breakboy forever wrote:
Georgy wrote:

I think they mean "pure" as in "you know what your going to get from him every night." Sometimes Kobe doesn't get his season average in points, but then sometimes he gets way above his season average... he's a little more unpredictable in his game. Then again, Kobe is a machine, and can get 50 a game if he pleases.

ROFL. You gotta be kidding me. I guess looking at the stats this year you could make that argument, but we all know Kobe isn't 100%(He was probably 50-60 percent at the beginning), and he's not taking nearly as many shots this year(17.6 to Melo's 23.3). I've had the priveledge of watching this guy for 10 years, and I don't think everyone understands just how good this guy is. He can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, from wherever he wants, at anytime. He may not have the Wade-quickness he used to now, but he can still get to the rim anytime he wants and is still the best finisher in the game(His signature is the pump fake on a jump shot, leaning in for the contact, and he'll still make it more than not). Guy is unbelievable, and it's really a shame people hate on him so much(Ironically, for alot of the things Jordan is loved for), because Kobe will go down as the 2nd best 2 guard ever behind Jordan(unless he wins another 3+ titles. Razz )
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 361

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:
breakboy forever wrote:
Georgy wrote:

ROFL. You gotta be kidding me. I guess looking at the stats this year you could make that argument, but we all know Kobe isn't 100%(He was probably 50-60 percent at the beginning), and he's not taking nearly as many shots this year(17.6 to Melo's 23.3). I've had the priveledge of watching this guy for 10 years, and I don't think everyone understands just how good this guy is. He can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, from wherever he wants, at anytime. He may not have the Wade-quickness he used to now, but he can still get to the rim anytime he wants and is still the best finisher in the game(His signature is the pump fake on a jump shot, leaning in for the contact, and he'll still make it more than not). Guy is unbelievable, and it's really a shame people hate on him so much(Ironically, for alot of the things Jordan is loved for), because Kobe will go down as the 2nd best 2 guard ever behind Jordan(unless he wins another 3+ titles. Razz )

Jordan was cocky, but like-able, whereas Kobe is just cocky. Now don't get me wrong, you need that killer instinct, but you don't need to come off as arrogant.

That sums up why a LOT of people don't like Kobe.
BTW, 10 assists for Kobe!? That has to be like, a world record, or something! Laughing
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

ERG wrote:
Georgy wrote:
breakboy forever wrote:
Georgy wrote:

Jordan was cocky, but like-able, whereas Kobe is just cocky. Now don't get me wrong, you need that killer instinct, but you don't need to come off as arrogant.

That sums up why a LOT of people don't like Kobe.
BTW, 10 assists for Kobe!? That has to be like, a world record, or something! Laughing

Jordan was like-able? Everyone focuses on his 6 titles(which they should, because no one will EVER do what he did again), but it's not like this guy was Santa Claus. He rode his teammates like no other, hit his teammates(Steve Kerr! How could you do that!?), hell, he even completely destroyed Kwame. Everyone decided "they" liked Jordan and "they" didn't like Kobe. Well, it's nothing some more titles can't fix! Surprised
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:

Denver over the last few years are known for there defense and now they are known for their high scoring offense and they will get back to playing defense before the seasons over! Georgy what is stopping Melo from being the best pure scorer in the NBA? He has the best jumpshot and can get to the rim at anytime! Have u seen even one of his games? He is unguardable! He is so big and strong and such a great shooter. He can sqaure people up like nobody has ever been able to do. He is also the most clutch player in the NBA...at least that what his stats say (17 game winning shot since like the 03-04 season or 04-05 season or something like that which is by far the most in the NBA). Kobe shoots a much lower percentage 'cause he just jacks up shots and makes them but sometimes misses them. FYI I ain't a Kobe hater though (he is my 2nd favorite player next to Melo).
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

koolzach1 wrote:
Georgy wrote:

Denver over the last few years are known for there defense and now they are known for their high scoring offense and they will get back to playing defense before the seasons over! Georgy what is stopping Melo from being the best pure scorer in the NBA? He has the best jumpshot and can get to the rim at anytime! Have u seen even one of his games? He is unguardable! He is so big and strong and such a great shooter. He can sqaure people up like nobody has ever been able to do. He is also the most clutch player in the NBA...at least that what his stats say (17 game winning shot since like the 03-04 season or 04-05 season or something like that which is by far the most in the NBA). Kobe shoots a much lower percentage 'cause he just jacks up shots and makes them but sometimes misses them. FYI I ain't a Kobe hater though (he is my 2nd favorite player next to Melo).

Kobe is stopping Melo, because Kobe is the best scorer and player(7 time 1st team defense I believe) in the league, and any sane and unbiased person would admit that.(Including MJ himself! Surprised ) Have you watched Kobe? Kobe has better 3-point range, and is a better 3 point shooter. Post-up game? Are you serious? Kobe has perfected the MJ turnaround. Shooter? I'd argue Kobe is better. Kobe is basically an MJ clone with better range on his jumper. And PLEASE don't tell me Melo is more clutch than Kobe. Being clutch is more than buzzer beaters. Ask anyone who they want taking the last shot. Melo has 1 clutch season, Kobe's been doing it for 10 years.

Hell, why don't you ask Melo?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CkzFtV5f3bg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nWk9wFDTIMw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUAIdqnQt9A
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dIdWdx_QDms

I suppose you could call him....A Nugget killer.
Surprised
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:
koolzach1 wrote:
Georgy wrote:

Kobe is stopping Melo, because Kobe is the best scorer and player(7 time 1st team defense I believe) in the league, and any sane and unbiased person would admit that.(Including MJ himself! Surprised ) Have you watched Kobe? Kobe has better 3-point range, and is a better 3 point shooter. Post-up game? Are you serious? Kobe has perfected the MJ turnaround. Shooter? I'd argue Kobe is better. Kobe is basically an MJ clone with better range on his jumper. And PLEASE don't tell me Melo is more clutch than Kobe. Being clutch is more than buzzer beaters. Ask anyone who they want taking the last shot. Melo has 1 clutch season, Kobe's been doing it for 10 years.

Hell, why don't you ask Melo?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GUAIdqnQt9A

I suppose you could call him....A Nugget killer.
Surprised

LMAO! You show a couple of clips of Kobe being clutch and one where Melo misses a clutch shot. LMAO

I suppose I can do that too!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HaZ6z7OYO2g
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9hJTvEf6V3o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hsoWjL4jrDM

Guess you could say that Melo is a Lakers killer Wink
Melo can do things that Kobe can't and visa versa. Though Melo is more consistant and more clutch. More game winners than anyone since he has entered the league!!!
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

koolzach1 wrote:
LMAO! You show a couple of clips of Kobe being clutch and one where Melo misses a clutch shot. LMAO

I suppose I can do that too!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HaZ6z7OYO2g
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9hJTvEf6V3o
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hsoWjL4jrDM

Guess you could say that Melo is a Lakers killer Wink
Melo can do things that Kobe can't and visa versa. Though Melo is more consistant and more clutch. More game winners than anyone since he has entered the league!!!

Meh, he got us once. Damn, you found a clip of Kobe missing! Melo was probably watching that at home...ya know, since he absolutely sucked last year in the playoffs(consistently). What can Melo do that Kobe can't do? I can tell you Kobe is much more explosive than Melo. Melo is more consistent...nope. Kobe's averaging more points per shot, 26.4 on 18.1 to Melo's 30.9 on 23.3, which would make him....consistently more efficient. It's hard to argue based on stats thus far this year, since Kobe isn't fully healthy, but did you miss last season? The guy averaged 35.4 freaking points a game, and scored 81 in a game. I can tell you Melo can't do that. And that's a solid 1:23 of clutch shots by Melo...how about 8:14(and that isn't even updated)? http://youtube.com/watch?v=r5OuHUqKiN8

Kobe's consistently winning, though. Lakers - 14-6, Nuggets 11-7.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject:

I don't think you really comprehend how good Kobe is. He is the most explosive player since Jordan. The degree of difficulty on shots he takes are unreal. Please just watch the following and if you still think Melo is better then so be it.

Hawks:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7KmZDTkLzMg

Bobcats:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=51mxg3oAeVc

Bulls:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=namDegF6GNo

Cavs:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hsCanLulkrc

Mavs:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SCWEPlbhY4Y
http://youtube.com/watch?v=URd-nXhA5ME

Nuggets:

Pistons:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hDWru_YjLLg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nI7iYJJT6sU

Warriors:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nOoAUimKpNE

Rockets:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6F4F9TNLonc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O6RUB0V8VxU

Clippers:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=K1n39k3sS_I

Grizzlies:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p8MXycYwfRg

Heat:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Tlx2zR-BZ4

Bucks:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v4X0TghCGPM

T-Wolves:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lekKzuw7bos

Hornets:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YlHocT3PTYA

Knicks:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PRd8azXDGyA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H3lyzEMla0M

Magic:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=K7MH9Uj8PWU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQR8ZNOdurE

Suns:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-5r1e4RM0TY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iB28SJS35Xg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cojRLhW5FOc

Blazers:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mJyrWLtovOs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YbJH85YxfvY

Kings:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=swss01E807g

Spurs:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uefAUAvIWEw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zvh9kEwekY8

Sonics:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=s-pniMuyZps

Raptors:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qRikrksH8es

Jazz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=towvDNLW_cM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY6DIwzLj_8

Wizards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svLnrdYWPco

Forum ID: 7381

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is way better
Los Titos Flys
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:
I don't think you really comprehend how good Kobe is. He is the most explosive player since Jordan. The degree of difficulty on shots he takes are unreal. Please just watch the following and if you still think Melo is better then so be it.

Oh, I know how good Kobe is. In fact he is the best palyer ever and still is the best player in the NBA! Also I never said that Melo is better! I just said he is the most clutch palyer right now and the best all around scorer.
Also I believe that you asked a question saying "what can Melo do that Kobe can't do?" Well Melo is a heck of a lot stronger and more physical so he can get to the basket better and has a way better post game. Kobe is still the best 'cause he is the best offensive player and a top 5 defender in the NBA. Melo can also square people up and shoot the J better. Kobe is a better scorer, but he isn't the most pure scorer as in consistantly. Last year he would have 20 point games then the next game have 40+. Carmelo usually scores around 28+ points a game. I will admit that Kobe is a better overall shooter (as in 3 pointers and free throws) and really good getting to the basket...just not as good as a post game or inside game. In my opinion Kobe is the BEST player ever, but it is coming time to hand over the reigns to Melo in the next 3-5 years. Melo will be able to shoot 3s better in the next couple years and defend better in the next couple of years. Melo is a better player in his early 20s than Kobe ever was and look how much he improved. Melo will just get a LOT better!
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

koolzach1 wrote:
Georgy wrote:

Oh, I know how good Kobe is. In fact he is the best palyer ever and still is the best player in the NBA! Also I never said that Melo is better! I just said he is the most clutch palyer right now and the best all around scorer.
Also I believe that you asked a question saying "what can Melo do that Kobe can't do?" Well Melo is a heck of a lot stronger and more physical so he can get to the basket better and has a way better post game. Kobe is still the best 'cause he is the best offensive player and a top 5 defender in the NBA. Melo can also square people up and shoot the J better. Kobe is a better scorer, but he isn't the most pure scorer as in consistantly. Last year he would have 20 point games then the next game have 40+. Carmelo usually scores around 28+ points a game. I will admit that Kobe is a better overall shooter (as in 3 pointers and free throws) and really good getting to the basket...just not as good as a post game or inside game. In my opinion Kobe is the BEST player ever, but it is coming time to hand over the reigns to Melo in the next 3-5 years. Melo will be able to shoot 3s better in the next couple years and defend better in the next couple of years. Melo is a better player in his early 20s than Kobe ever was and look how much he improved. Melo will just get a LOT better!

Better when Kobe was in his 20's? KOBE STILL IS IN HIS 20's. Jesus, man, he won 3 FREAKING TITLES when he was 22-24. He's been in EVERY All-Star game since he was 20. My God, tell me when Melo wins ONE(NEVER will in Denver). Once again, have you watched Kobe play? His favorite position in the triangle is in the post, where he shoots the turaround, turns and faces up all the time and strokes the J, or goes to the whole. He does EVERYTHING better than Melo. Shoot, get to the basket, post up, better shooter, MUCH better range, faces up out of the post, quicker, much more explosive, more athletic, better conditioned(once he's healthy) and probably more things I missed. Melo will score more per game than Kobe this year most likely(because he'll take more shots), but that doesn't change anything. Kobe is the most dominant player in the game. The Melo is the future comment, sure, but we're talking about now.

Now, the Kobe is inconsistent comment. This could possibly be the worst argument EVER. I mean, worse than saying Melo is a better scorer. Last year, Kobe had the most impressive statistical season since MJ did the same a few times 20 years ago. I repeat, he averaged 35.4 points a game. I think you made my point by saing he scored 20 then 40, as if 20 is a bad night(which I suppose it is for him since he's such an explosive scorer).

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/player/gamelogs/2005/6496 - That's his gamelog from last year. I see he only had 3 games under 20+ the whole season(Melo already has 2)...two back-to-back at the beginning of the season which makes me think something may have been up, but I don't know, and 1 where he had 11 at the Raptors in limited minutes(something clearly up there), and they won. If you want to call going from 25 to 45 inconsistent, then I guess you will. Sorry he can't consistently put up 45. Melo put's up 25 to 35, that is consistent. Kobe puts up 25-35 and is capable of dropping 50+ any night. (Which Melo, and no other player on the planet is).

Last edited by Georgy on Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
reds
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1739

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Lebron has the ability to drop 50 any night he wants to..He just chooses not to, and sticks to his 30-7-7 games.

"It's humanly impossible to stop [No.] 85. You are kind of insulting me. I cannot be stopped. Period."
-- Chad Johnson
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:

reds wrote:
Lebron has the ability to drop 50 any night he wants to..He just chooses not to, and sticks to his 30-7-7 games.

No he doesn't. And being 12-8 in the Eastern Conference is an absolute EMBARRASSMENT, and this is not the right time for Lebron jocking, especially after completely mailing it in last night.
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7441

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

i think the suns r the best
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:
koolzach1 wrote:
Georgy wrote:

Better when Kobe was in his 20's? KOBE STILL IS IN HIS 20's. Jesus, man, he won 3 FREAKING TITLES when he was 22-24. He's been in EVERY All-Star game since he was 20. My God, tell me when Melo wins ONE(NEVER will in Denver). Once again, have you watched Kobe play? His favorite position in the triangle is in the post, where he shoots the turaround, turns and faces up all the time and strokes the J, or goes to the whole. He does EVERYTHING better than Melo. Shoot, get to the basket, post up, better shooter, MUCH better range, faces up out of the post, quicker, much more explosive, more athletic, better conditioned(once he's healthy) and probably more things I missed. Melo will score more per game than Kobe this year most likely(because he'll take more shots), but that doesn't change anything. Kobe is the most dominant player in the game. The Melo is the future comment, sure, but we're talking about now.

Now, the Kobe is inconsistent comment. This could possibly be the worst argument EVER. I mean, worse than saying Melo is a better scorer. Last year, Kobe had the most impressive statistical season since MJ did the same a few times 20 years ago. I repeat, he averaged 35.4 points a game. I think you made my point by saing he scored 20 then 40, as if 20 is a bad night(which I suppose it is for him since he's such an explosive scorer).

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/players/player/gamelogs/2005/6496 - That's his gamelog from last year. I see he only had 3 games under 20+ the whole season(Melo already has 2)...two back-to-back at the beginning of the season which makes me think something may have been up, but I don't know, and 1 where he had 11 at the Raptors in limited minutes(something clearly up there), and they won. If you want to call going from 25 to 45 inconsistent, then I guess you will. Sorry he can't consistently put up 45. Melo put's up 25 to 35, that is consistent. Kobe puts up 25-35 and is capable of dropping 50+ any night. (Which Melo, and no other player on the planet is).

I never said that Melo was better in his 20s than Kobe and I know Kobe is still in his 20s I said "Melo is a better player in his early 20s than Kobe ever was and look how much he improved"
EARLY 20s!

You put up a very good arguement my freind, but Kobe in his early years stats are the following...and Melo's early years.

Kobe
points a game: 7.6, 15.4, 19.9, 22.5 in his first 4 years.
boards a game: 1.9, 3.9, 5.3, 6.3 in first 4 years.
assists a game: 1.3, 2.5, 3.8, 4.9 in first 4 years.

Melo
points a game: 21.0, 20.8, 26.5, 30.7 so far. First 4 years
boards a game: 6.1, 5.7, 4.9, 5.4 so far.
assists a game: 2.8, 2.6, 2.7, 4.1 so far.

Bold text =when the player started playing full time.

so look at the full time stats and compare their early years.

Look dude I KNOW that Kobe is a better player and I just stated that Melo has been more clutch in his years and we started this little "heated" arguement about who is better and I keep saying that Kobe is better! I even said that Kobe is "the BEST player ever!" Melo is a great palyer and is top 5 in the league! Kobe is the BEST! I just believe that Melo is better inside 'cause he's bigger and a lot stronger! Yes Kobe has that nice fadaway turnaround in the post but Melo has a lot more moves inside than that. Check this out!

Melo actually reminds me a lot of Kobe. Check this out too 'cause theres a lot difficult shots he takes and makes them look easy just like Kobe.
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Well, Kobe came out 1 year earlier than Melo, so why not add his 5th year(which is equivalent to Melo's 4th) of 28.5, 5.9, and 5.0.

You know what though, when it comes down to it, it's all about the W. People call Kobe a ballhog when he scores 81 and 62, but you know what, all he really cares about is the W. Which, I might add, they usually get when he puts up those rediculous numbers.
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Georgy"]Well, Kobe came out 1 year earlier than Melo, so why not add his 5th year(which is equivalent to Melo's 4th) of 28.5, 5.9, and 5.0.

You know what though, when it comes down to it, it's all about the W. People call Kobe a ballhog when he scores 81 and 62, but you know what, all he really cares about is the W. Which, I might add, they usually get when he puts up those rediculous numbers.[/qoute]

You are correct...in a sense. I think that when a player scores 50+ points somewhat often that is a problem. What I'am saying is that the Lakers defentaly need more help for Kobe...hopefully Farmar will develop nice for the Lakers. Maybe they should add Iverson though idk if that would work considering that they both LOVE to shoot the ball and are use doing it themselves. What do you think about Iverson coming to L.A.?
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

koolzach1 wrote:
Georgy wrote:
Well, Kobe came out 1 year earlier than Melo, so why not add his 5th year(which is equivalent to Melo's 4th) of 28.5, 5.9, and 5.0.

You know what though, when it comes down to it, it's all about the W. People call Kobe a ballhog when he scores 81 and 62, but you know what, all he really cares about is the W. Which, I might add, they usually get when he puts up those rediculous numbers.

You are correct...in a sense. I think that when a player scores 50+ points somewhat often that is a problem. What I'am saying is that the Lakers defentaly need more help for Kobe...hopefully Farmar will develop nice for the Lakers. Maybe they should add Iverson though idk if that would work considering that they both LOVE to shoot the ball and are use doing it themselves. What do you think about Iverson coming to L.A.?

I don't think scoring 50+ is a problem, I think the Lakers usually win when Kobe does(10-3). You won't see many of those this year, though(maybe with Odom out now Crying or Very sad).

I'm not going to say I don't want Iverson, because that would be silly. He's one of the best players in the game. But I really don't want to give up anyone for him because I really like this team. Honestly Farmar should be starting over Smush, and I bet he will be at some point this year. I have no doubt Kobe and Iverson would do well because they both want to win, and would do whatever it takes to win. Looks like he's going to Denver, though, which is a better fit since there's alot more shots available due to their style.
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Man if the Lakers can keep their whole team together for another couple of years I honestly believe that they WILL win a championship 1-3 years down the road. C- Bigman Andrew Bynum. PF- Kwame Brown(looks to be progressing)at least he did last year. SF- The tripple double machine Lamar Odom. SG- The best ever(in my opinion) Kobe Byrant. PG- Jordan Farmar and can you believe this kid is what like only 19 or something?
and Phil Jackson=the best headcoach in the NBA.
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject:

koolzach1 wrote:
Man if the Lakers can keep their whole team together for another couple of years I honestly believe that they WILL win a championship 1-3 years down the road. C- Bigman Andrew Bynum. PF- Kwame Brown(looks to be progressing)at least he did last year. SF- The tripple double machine Lamar Odom. SG- The best ever(in my opinion) Kobe Byrant. PG- Jordan Farmar and can you believe this kid is what like only 19 or something?

Don't call Kobe the best ever...best in the game right now, but he's still got a ways to go.

Man, your boys really let you down on Saturday.
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:
koolzach1 wrote:

Don't call Kobe the best ever...best in the game right now, but he's still got a ways to go.

Man, your boys really let you down on Saturday.

Man, He is the best ever at least in my opinion. Now people are faster, stronger, bigger, and just better. Denfenders and players in general back then were also big, and fast, and strong but just not quite as good as a lot of the players now. So I think that Kobe is facing better competition.
berrys
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 6318

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject:

Wasn't this atopic about the best nba teams not a fight of who is better melo or kobe. Anyway i think Denver is the best they now have iverson in there team. Theyll be a great team when they have every one on the court.
carsonlorts
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5615

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject:

Some games the Pacers play liek NBA champs like when they beat the Pistons at home the last 2 years. Other games they plays like a High School team.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

Yes lets get back on topic. I too think that Denver might be the best...if only they could get K-mart back. Rockets might be the best or near the best also.
berrys
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Top Ten-
1-Dallas Mavaricks-Will go one better this year and win championship
2-Spurs-Most consistent team in the nba
3-Suns- Great team saw wat they could do with that 15 game winning streak
4-Pistions-Still a good team best in the east by far
5-Nuggets-Would be the best if they had every one on the court at once how this for a starting five melo, jr smith, iverson, Camby and K-mart but there either injured or suspended
6-Lakers-Got a young team with the star kobe byrant
7-Magic-Got the beats howard 2nd best in the east
8-Rockets-Yo Ming and mcrady good team struggle in the west
9-Jazz- got on a run early not that impresive after that
10-clevland- just in the top ten. leborn the star and can win games by himself
carsonlorts
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5615

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Houston won't be any good untill they get T-mac or Yao back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
berrys
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject:

Ley's have a topic of who is the best NBA player?
My vote goes to carmelo anthonybest pure scorer in the nba and most consistent.
Best rookie Rudy Gay-Memphis
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [50 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Jump to: