SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
The Matrix Reloaded / Revolutions Discussion (SPOILERS)
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [108 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  1, 2, 3 Next
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 37

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: The Matrix Reloaded / Revolutions Discussion (SPOILERS)

For all of you that have seen the sequel (and I know many of you have now) I have created a topic in which you can discuss what the HELL is going on in the Matrix. For any of you that have questions pertaining to the sequels, come here. I am sure someone here can answer your question. And if they won't, then I will try to help. I have already seen the movie twice, and will try to help you with what parts you don't understand about it. (i.e. Who is that "kid" that Neo saved? ; What was up with that ending, man? ; etc.)

This topic will also discuss what may come to be of the The Matrix Revolutions, the third, and final sequel coming out very shortly: November 5th to be exact. IF you have an idea of what might happen, or would like to speculate on what some of the things in Reloaded could mean for Revolutions, then be my guest. Go right ahead and voice what you thing will happen. That is what this topic is for. It is strictly for discuusion on the 2 Matrix sequels out this year. I know that I cannot wait for the movie, or for any question that can hopefully answer for you. Please, if you want to discuss the Matrix, this is the topic to be in.

P.S. Please keep it clean (ie. Not much discussion of the Zion...umm...orgy)

Again, anything pertaining to the sequels (ie. speculation, questions, thoughts, opinions, reviews) should be posted here, and only here. No need to make topics about it. Come here if you please. This should be fun. If no one replies in a bit, I will start the discussion. Remember, there will be spoilers in this topic, so if you don't want to know aout the movie before you see it, this is not the place to go.

Your Matrix Buddy,
Gamer

P.S. If you really feel the need to, or it pertains to the topic, you may discuss bits of the first Matrix and what the connection between the two/three movies may be.

-- The other Matrix topic (seeing how many people are seeing it) I made has nothing to do with this topic, mods...I am not spamming, just having a movie spoilers topic --
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blazer
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 977

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The Matrix Reloaded / Revolutions Discussion (SPOILERS)

GamerJT wrote:
For all of you that have seen the sequel (and I know many of you have now) I have created a topic in which you can discuss what the HELL is going on in the Matrix. For any of you that have questions pertaining to the sequels, come here. I am sure someone here can answer your question. And if they won't, then I will try to help. I have already seen the movie twice, and will try to help you with what parts you don't understand about it. (i.e. Who is that "kid" that Neo saved? ; What was up with that ending, man? ; etc.)

This topic will also discuss what may come to be of the The Matrix Revolutions, the third, and final sequel coming out very shortly: November 5th to be exact. IF you have an idea of what might happen, or would like to speculate on what some of the things in Reloaded could mean for Revolutions, then be my guest. Go right ahead and voice what you thing will happen. That is what this topic is for. It is strictly for discuusion on the 2 Matrix sequels out this year. I know that I cannot wait for the movie, or for any question that can hopefully answer for you. Please, if you want to discuss the Matrix, this is the topic to be in.

P.S. Please keep it clean (ie. Not much discussion of the Zion...umm...orgy)

Again, anything pertaining to the sequels (ie. speculation, questions, thoughts, opinions, reviews) should be posted here, and only here. No need to make topics about it. Come here if you please. This should be fun. If no one replies in a bit, I will start the discussion. Remember, there will be spoilers in this topic, so if you don't want to know aout the movie before you see it, this is not the place to go.

Your Matrix Buddy,
Gamer

P.S. If you really feel the need to, or it pertains to the topic, you may discuss bits of the first Matrix and what the connection between the two/three movies may be.

-- The other Matrix topic (seeing how many people are seeing it) I made has nothing to do with this topic, mods...I am not spamming, just having a movie spoilers topic --
Your a matriz freak Arent ya? Wink
554777 2* ST
552987 6* ST
554900 2* ST
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Redsfan, that is a YES. Duh. Now can we get on subject here or not? Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Forum ID: -1

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject:

I just saw the movie today. I absolutely loved it. Hate to have to wait till November to see what happens next.
bw2082
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 421

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I think that there's like 2 layers to the matrix... 1st is where they hook up and go through the phones etc... basically what was shown in the 1st movie. 2nd layer is Zion and everything humans think is outside the Matrix. Neo realizes this and stopped the sentinels. Agent Smith is a disgruntled program and will save the humans to spite whatever is controlling the Matrix.
DASTECH
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 53

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Matrix....the lost episode

These clips were edited

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=matrix.mpg

ur crazy yagadagan jst crazy....dont lie to me you know u are the crazy one.....lol...u know my name.... u know u are crazy yadagan
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Just got out of it and my first impressions were....... Neutral with a tinge of Shocked and a dash of Surprised .

I did like it, but the effects didn't have the same affect on me that the first Matrix did. I liked the story of it all and the twist of it all being part of a needed cycle.

Of course the questions are:

1. Who was the boy that Neo saved and what part will he play in the future?
2. Who was the guy trying to kill Neo and why?
3. How did Neo stop the sentinel "outside" of the Matrix?
4. How exactly was Agent Smith freed? Does that mean he lives outside of the Matrix? (could relate to question #2)

Sigh....so many more.....I'll have to see the damn movie again.....
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Me too solip, but #4... I think the Agent Smith program was destroyed by Neo in the First movie, but it looks as though someone (dunno who) has restarted his program (I also dunno how exactly the "duplicating" thing came to be about either...hmmmm Neutral) and "unplugged" him from the Matrix, but I do not know it what way he is "unplugged", but it looks as though someone outside the Matrix is controlling his program/functions. I have no clue if he even lives outside the Matrix, but probably not because he is a "bad" program (as the Oracle states). I dunno about that though.

I'll have to fish around for some answers. Confused
Elway0514
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 1303

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I saw the movie Thursday night and am seeing it again on Sunday...

I have one question i would like answered by whoever wasn't as confused as i was....

1. Who was the guy in the coma next to Neo at the end???
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Elway0514 wrote:

I have one question i would like answered by whoever wasn't as confused as i was....

The same guy who was trying to stab him as they were leaving Zion.
Elway0514
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Oh yea.. now that i think about it that makes sense.. thanks alot now the whole movie makes sense...
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
Elway0514 wrote:

The same guy who was trying to stab him as they were leaving Zion.

Yeah, but I'm still trying to figure out who the hell he is, lol. I have no clue as of yet. I will watch it again (already seen it twice, lol). soon. Wink
Elway0514
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't he the guy that was gonna pick up the phone but then copied by Smith???
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Elway0514 wrote:
Wasn't he the guy that was gonna pick up the phone but then copied by Smith???

EXACTLY! I'm surprised more people didn't realize that right away. I guess I just pay REALLY close attention to movies Confused

As for the kid that Neo saved, I'm starting to think that the kid was just someone we never met in the first movie, someone that got saved, somehow, between the first Matrix and "Reloaded".

This is also the answer to one of Sol's questions...since he was sort of taken over by Agent Smith, he'd want Neo dead.

How did he stop the sentinal? I have no clue. I'm assuming that he's just really special Cool

As for the rest of the discussion on Agent Smith...After Neo took him over via a "combination" method in the first movie, maybe Smith got some of Neo's "powers" and is now a corrupt program in the Matrix who wants Neo dead. He(Smith) definitely ONLY lives in the Matrix. He was a program in the first movie, and still is just a program, although he is now sort of corrupt.

I hope this may have cleared up something.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject:

So the guy that got copied by Smith tried to kill Neo....so maybe Smith has not only found a way to replicate himself, but also found a way into reality.

If real people can live in the matrix, what's to say that a program can't live in the real world...
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject:

So basically, the guy who wants Neo dead is Agent Smith, just not in the Matrix, correct? I was kinda thinking that anyway, but I do not really pay close attention to details. LOL Laughing

EDIT: I was thinking the same exact thing as solip. He's the program in the Matrix, and the guy trying to kill Neo in the "real" world. Confused

Last edited by Gamer on Fri May 16, 2003 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blazer
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 977

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject:

GamerJT wrote:
So basically, the guy who wants Neo dead is Agent Smith, just not in the Matrix, correct? I was kinda thinking that anyway, but I do not really pay close attention to details. LOL Laughing
I just got this movie on DVD i wont watch it for a week after i will forget after all this story tellin!! Laughing LOL
554777 2* ST
552987 6* ST
554900 2* ST
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject:

GamerJT wrote:

MAYBE!....hehe, just throwing around ideas....

And I think the kid that was saved by Neo was really just there to illustrate the whole Neo=Jesus thing.
Feldon
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 100

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Well, I saw the movie this afternoon. I thought it was great, although the opening sequence didn't blow me away like the first movie. Previewed with it was Terminator 3...that looks awesome.

I think that Agent Smith has indeed become more powerful than the Matrix itself. He has found a way to become "real" by using that other dude as a instrument. What I found weird was why didn't the new agents and Agent Smith have any conflicts. You'd think the Matrix wants him gone.

Also, if that old bearded guy at the end was right (which I don't really know if he is) then all programs, including the Oracle, Agent Smith, that frenchy guy, etc. will all be terminated upon Neo's destruction of the main frame. I think in the next movie more programs will turn on the Matrix and maybe turn to believe in a common existence with Humans.

Finally, is Neo actually a human? He did say he could "feel" the sentinels. And he was bleeding in a battle seen at that house...the frenchy guy made the obvious statement, "See he is only human", which, to me give insight to believing the exact opposite. Not all Matrix programs are bad...the Oracle for example. Maybe Neo is actually the ultimate program. He might actually be a program created by the old bearded guy to be the catalyst on the termination of this Matrix and the father of the new Zion, while Matrix VII runs.

Who knows...

I thought it was a great movie, with a deep story line and great action. Even the little dance party "orgy" that Gamer likes to call it was pretty cool. Very artsy with the heavy music going on. Well done by the Director(s) on that I thought.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Feldon wrote:

I think that Agent Smith has indeed become more powerful than the Matrix itself. He has found a way to become "real" by using that other dude as a instrument. What I found weird was why didn't the new agents and Agent Smith have any conflicts. You'd think the Matrix wants him gone.

I dunno if the "more powerful than the matrix" applies, but he's morphed into something that can utilize it a lot better. There was a brief conflict between the agents and Smith when Smith made one of them him... Confused I would think that the Matrix doesn't really know too much about him so there's really no program to go after him. I think that the agents are programmed to solely go after the rebels. Smith can't be recognized as a rebel yet.

Quote:
Also, if that old bearded guy at the end was right (which I don't really know if he is) then all programs, including the Oracle, Agent Smith, that frenchy guy, etc. will all be terminated upon Neo's destruction of the main frame.

But he chose Trinity over the destruction of the mainframe, so this can't really come true.....and I thought the programs (Oracle, French guy, keymaker) just had a role to play in the whole scheme of things and they would just play that role over and over, with Neo and everyone else just reprising their previous roles....

Quote:
Finally, is Neo actually a human? He did say he could "feel" the sentinels. And he was bleeding in a battle seen at that house...the frenchy guy made the obvious statement, "See he is only human", which, to me give insight to believing the exact opposite. Not all Matrix programs are bad...the Oracle for example. Maybe Neo is actually the ultimate program. He might actually be a program created by the old bearded guy to be the catalyst on the termination of this Matrix and the father of the new Zion, while Matrix VII runs.

OR he's the ultimate program made by the Creator to lead all of that 1% to their death....again....

Quote:
I thought it was a great movie, with a deep story line and great action. Even the little dance party "orgy" that Gamer likes to call it was pretty cool. Very artsy with the heavy music going on. Well done by the Director(s) on that I thought.

Yeah, hardly an orgy. A little bit of grinding, lots of skin and one boobie.
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
Feldon wrote:

I dunno if the "more powerful than the matrix" applies, but he's morphed into something that can utilize it a lot better. There was a brief conflict between the agents and Smith when Smith made one of them him... Confused I would think that the Matrix doesn't really know too much about him so there's really no program to go after him. I think that the agents are programmed to solely go after the rebels. Smith can't be recognized as a rebel yet.

Quote:
Also, if that old bearded guy at the end was right (which I don't really know if he is) then all programs, including the Oracle, Agent Smith, that frenchy guy, etc. will all be terminated upon Neo's destruction of the main frame.

But he chose Trinity over the destruction of the mainframe, so this can't really come true.....and I thought the programs (Oracle, French guy, keymaker) just had a role to play in the whole scheme of things and they would just play that role over and over, with Neo and everyone else just reprising their previous roles....

Quote:

OR he's the ultimate program made by the Creator to lead all of that 1% to their death....again....

Quote:

Yeah, hardly an orgy. A little bit of grinding, lots of skin and one boobie.

6 boobies, 3 pairs...pay closer attention Rolling Eyes

My only real remaining question that I don't see being answered in the next movie is why, when neo was flying out of the room with the Creator dude, was there a big explosion following him? That part really confused me... Confused ...maybe i was still thinking about the rave/orgy/grind-a-thon... Cool
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Chippy! wrote:

6 boobies, 3 pairs...pay closer attention Rolling Eyes

My only real remaining question that I don't see being answered in the next movie is why, when neo was flying out of the room with the Creator dude, was there a big explosion following him? That part really confused me... Confused ...maybe i was still thinking about the rave/orgy/grind-a-thon... Cool

Hmmm, I only remember seeing one boobie....oh well....

I figured the explosion had to do with the friction and disturance that he was creating. If when he was flying between two buildings and he created enough pull to tear them apart, what would that kind of force do in the closed quarters that he was in. That's the only thing I can think of.....
Elway0514
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject:

if u remember right when Neo flew out of the building Morpheus asked Link what it was and Link said he didn't know but it was moving faster than anything he had ever seen. So Neo could have "created enough pull" to tear the two buildings apart.. or at least this is what i think
Pete1
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 75

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject:

Ok, when they were talking about going into the building at first, they mentioned that there was a security system that would blow up the building if anyone entered the door to the mainframe. That is why they had to cut the power. When Neo was done talking to the System Architect and went back through the door the power was back on. My thinking is that the building was destroyed so that Neo would not have easy access to the door again after he saved Trinity.
Elway0514
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject:

I have a new question that i would like to be answered...

How was the guy that was "guarding" the Oracle able to defend himself against Neo?
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject:

Elway0514 wrote:

How was the guy that was "guarding" the Oracle able to defend himself against Neo?

He's another good "program" created to see who is the real "one" is, and Neo proved he was...that's what I think. Dunno really though, that's all I think about how he could protect himself, if he was even doing so. Maybe it was the "grind-a-thon" that kept my mind away from the movie's true story... Laughing

Last edited by Gamer on Sat May 17, 2003 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject:

Pete1 wrote:
Ok, when they were talking about going into the building at first, they mentioned that there was a security system that would blow up the building if anyone entered the door to the mainframe. That is why they had to cut the power. When Neo was done talking to the System Architect and went back through the door the power was back on. My thinking is that the building was destroyed so that Neo would not have easy access to the door again after he saved Trinity.

Yep, I think you're right. The system was disabled only for a short period of time so that they could get in there. That time must have expired.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject:

Elway0514 wrote:

Ah, he wasn't defending himself. Neo was defending himself. So basically, I think Neo wasn't putting his all into it.
turbo42
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 68

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
Pete1 wrote:

Yep, I think you're right. The system was disabled only for a short period of time so that they could get in there. That time must have expired.

the key maker was dead, who cares if the building was still around.
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject:

Yes, the only reason for the Key Maker 'program' in the Matrix was to help "The One", being Neo, to open the door. Yes, that's right. His only reason for his existance in the Matrix was to open a door. That's why he died after opening the door. Shocked
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject:

GamerJT wrote:
Yes, the only reason for the Key Maker 'program' in the Matrix was to help "The One", being Neo, to open the door. Yes, that's right. His only reason for his existance in the Matrix was to open a door. That's why he died after opening the door. Shocked

It really hits you after a while what it all means. Everything that's happened.......the battles, the struggles happened on purpose. For that 1% of people that reject the program, to complete what needed to happen, they had to make it a struggle so that they would complete it with intention....thinking that what they were doing had meaning. Or as Agent Smith said "Purpose".....
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
GamerJT wrote:

It really hits you after a while what it all means. Everything that's happened.......the battles, the struggles happened on purpose. For that 1% of people that reject the program, to complete what needed to happen, they had to make it a struggle so that they would complete it with intention....thinking that what they were doing had meaning. Or as Agent Smith said "Purpose".....

Yes, it really does hit you afterwards. But what I'm thinking is: If Neo was meant to stop the Matrix, and he IS a "program" (the ultimate as Feldon said), then won't he soon die after he stops (or ends) the Matrix? I'm a bit confused about this... Confused
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject:

GamerJT wrote:
solipsta wrote:
GamerJT wrote:

Yes, it really does hit you afterwards. But what I'm thinking is: If Neo was meant to stop the Matrix, and he IS a "program" (the ultimate as Feldon said), then won't he soon die after he stops (or ends) the Matrix? I'm a bit confused about this... Confused

But he's already done it many times over. Remember the video screens of all those Neo's? Those were previous versions/incarnations of him. Hmmm, if you think about it, that shows more that he really might be a program. Or that those core people will just be reset to play the game over again, attract the ones that won't accept the program (the occupants of Zion) and play it out again.....sigh.....6 more months to go.....
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
GamerJT wrote:
solipsta wrote:
GamerJT wrote:

But he's already done it many times over. Remember the video screens of all those Neo's? Those were previous versions/incarnations of him. Hmmm, if you think about it, that shows more that he really might be a program. Or that those core people will just be reset to play the game over again, attract the ones that won't accept the program (the occupants of Zion) and play it out again.....sigh.....6 more months to go.....

Ugh....don't remind me... Sad
BTW, solip...to answer your question about how Neo was able to stop the sentinel outside the Matrix:
Quote:
3. How did Neo stop the sentinel "outside" of the Matrix?

I assumed that Neo was able to affect the Sentinels in the real world because he has power over all the machines, not just the Matrix itself...

I may be wrong though. Confused
turbo42
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject:

ok... i'm not a hard core person like both of you are, but i don't think neo is a program. if he is can someone explain how he goes back into the matrix and then to zion.
Feldon
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:

Yup, I agree with Sol. My theory, I guess we'll see in 6 months, is that Neo is a program used to rally, inspire and give purpose to the 1% of the rejected humans. He is the core player in the game, and his role will be done over and over again. He is simply a control program there to control the humans as is the Oracle. Morpheus is like John the Baptist, there to preach the forecoming of Christ, and Neo is the christ.

The question is then; Why do the machines need to keep the 1% alive? Well, relating to religion again, maybe the people inside the Matrix need to believe in a higher power...believing in the Matrix, so that they can be content to live inside it. Believing in a Matrix gives humans a sense of purpose.
Feldon
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject:

turbo42 wrote:
ok... i'm not a hard core person like both of you are, but i don't think neo is a program. if he is can someone explain how he goes back into the matrix and then to zion.

Ya, I don't know. The answer (IF the theory proves to be right) will be given in the final movie...or it could end up being an opening ending for us to interpret as we see fit.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Feldon wrote:

The question is then; Why do the machines need to keep the 1% alive? Well, relating to religion again, maybe the people inside the Matrix need to believe in a higher power...believing in the Matrix, so that they can be content to live inside it. Believing in a Matrix gives humans a sense of purpose.

They don't need to keep them alive. And they don't, really. The 1% are the ones that reject the Matrix battle and live their lives on their own. And then when they get too powerful and come close to being able to challenge the status quo, they kick in the program that will lead to their destruction.

I think in terms of religion it also throws in a lot of existentialism. Everyone has a "choice" to make (the red and blue pills)...some do it like Neo did and others do it in the way that they don't even think about it. It's like the biggest existential choice. Suicide. Some just accept what they see and others don't. Simple as that....
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Feldon wrote:
turbo42 wrote:

Ya, I don't know. The answer (IF the theory proves to be right) will be given in the final movie...or it could end up being an opening ending for us to interpret as we see fit.

I think the ending will surprise everyone. I don't think it's gonna be the happy, everyone's free ending that everyone thinks or hopes for....here's a quote from Keanu:

"The first movie was about birth. The second is life, the third is death."
turbo42
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:

hmm... then that makes sense when the actors all said that it was meant to be a trilogy. Perhaps that they won't be able to make the fourth one because the third is death.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject:

turbo42 wrote:
solipsta wrote:

hmm... then that makes sense when the actors all said that it was meant to be a trilogy. Perhaps that they won't be able to make the fourth one because the third is death.

Yes, it was only ever meant to be a trilogy. Nothing more...
gameshark
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 74

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Im sure they would of loved to have done more, but The Matrix was a hugely expensive film and it certainly was a long, drawn out process, and they have raised the Special effects bar so high, that no one would consider doing it again!
tonyd

Forum ID: 58

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject:

i only read like the top 10 post so if this was answered already then too bad..

someone told me the kid neo saves is in the "Animatrix" short, i never saw it but this is what he told me. Also if you found yourself during the movie asking "who the hell is that and where did he come from?" that along with several other questions are i believed answered in the video game version..(again haven't played it yet)
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject:

tonyd wrote:
i only read like the top 10 post so if this was answered already then too bad..

someone told me the kid neo saves is in the "Animatrix" short, i never saw it but this is what he told me. Also if you found yourself during the movie asking "who the hell is that and where did he come from?" that along with several other questions are i believed answered in the video game version..(again haven't played it yet)

Ah, that's right! Damn, I'm gonna hafta get a freaking X-Box now....and that damn_DVD!!!!
turbo42
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject:

i guess Aaliyah's part was played by Jada?
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject:

turbo42 wrote:
i guess Aaliyah's part was played by Jada?

No, no...Aaliyah was suppose to play the character of Zee, but after her death, the part was given to Nona Gaye (from the hit movie Ali). Jada Pinkett-Smith was given the part of Niobi from the start. Nona Gaye was somewhat involved with the Smith family, with her playing a part w/ Will Smith in Ali. Close, but no enchilada, turbo... Laughing
Elway0514
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I have a new topic that wasn't discussed or if it was i missed it... How weird were those twin things?? I didn't understand why they could turn into ghost things.. were they programs created that could do that or what?
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Elway0514 wrote:
I have a new topic that wasn't discussed or if it was i missed it... How weird were those twin things?? I didn't understand why they could turn into ghost things.. were they programs created that could do that or what?

Yes, remember when the Oracle was talking about:

Oracle wrote:
Everyime you hear about people seeing ghosts, werewolves, and such, those are programs not doing what they were programmed to do in the Matrix.

The Twins were "ghosts". They are programs, not doing what they were programmed to do. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong. Wink
Neologisticism

Forum ID: 1437

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject:

GamerJT wrote:
Elway0514 wrote:

Yes, remember when the Oracle was talking about:

Oracle wrote:
Everyime you hear about people seeing ghosts, werewolves, and such, those are programs not doing what they were programmed to do in the Matrix.

The Twins were "ghosts". They are programs, not doing what they were programmed to do. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong. Wink

I'm not quite sure, but I heard something about them being deleted programs running free in the Matrix? That might be it but I am not sure... Also, I heard something about Keanu Reeves having a 6 movie contract! I don't remember where, but if this is true, how would they keep it real for 6 freakin' movies??!!
Elway0514
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't think there are going to be 6 Matrix movies... I don't think they have enough ideas/energy/money to make 6 movies
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [108 Posts] Goto page:  1, 2, 3 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Jump to: