SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:34 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Mavericks or Spurs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic

Mavs or Spurs?
Mavs for sure!
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Spurs, definitly!
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
Who gives a crap!
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 30

JJS
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 722

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Mavericks or Spurs?

Which do you want to win? My friend is a freak and he is obbsessed with the Spurs, and I want the Mavs... Duncan with 40 pts and 15 bounds in the first game, BUT THEY LOST. Can't get that through his thick head...

GO MAVS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bigred9678

Forum ID: 9

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject:

Maybe if the Mavs would play REAL basketball instead of whack-a-spur we would know who the real winner is. Until they play for real, their wins are false. That was the saddest excuse for a basketball game I have seen in a long time.

Forum ID: -1

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject:

bigred9678 wrote:
Maybe if the Mavs would play REAL basketball instead of whack-a-spur we would know who the real winner is. Until they play for real, their wins are false. That was the saddest excuse for a basketball game I have seen in a long time.

i say the same and also the spur took my team out Crying or Very sad Lakers Crying or Very sad so in the NBA Finals NEW JERSEY vs DALLAS
bigred9678

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject:

2003 new york yankees -NY wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

i say the same and also the spur took my team out Crying or Very sad Lakers Crying or Very sad so in the NBA Finals NEW JERSEY vs DALLAS

The really sad thing is that the refs had to even the fouls against both teams so they wouldn't get ripped like they did in the Spurs-Lakers Game 1 or 2 (can't remember which). So half the fouls called on the spurs were bogus.
CountryBumpkin
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 38

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject:

I'm on the 'who gives a crap' vote...I'm so dissinterested in 'thugball'...err...I mean pro basketball that I just don't care at all about those rediculously overpaid thugs. And you can't say that it's only a couple of bad apples...it may have started that way, but the whole barrel is spoiling now!
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject:

bigred9678 wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

The really sad thing is that the refs had to even the fouls against both teams so they wouldn't get ripped like they did in the Spurs-Lakers Game 1 or 2 (can't remember which). So half the fouls called on the spurs were bogus.

And the other half were the intentional fouls on Bowen Rolling Eyes

San Antonio is definitely the better team, but the better team does not always win...

Forum ID: -1

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I think the Mavs will beat the Spurs and the Nets beat the Pistons.

Nets vs Mavs in the finals
^
^
^
^
*Have no pick yet for this series*
bigred9678

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Chippy! wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

San Antonio is definitely the better team, but the better team does not always win...

I knew about the intentional fouls on Bowen but I was referring to the fouls committed by a spur not on a spur (i.e. Robinson fouls Bradley by barely touching his elbow)...does that make sense? Most of those fouls were called just to "keep the fouls even." BAH!
Soggy
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 27

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Chippy! wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

Shocked how are the spurs definately a better team? both went 60-22, they split their regular season series 2-2. sure, duncan didn't play in the last game, but nowitzki didn't play in the first game. duncan's the best player in the game, but nowitzki's top 5. after those two, san antonio's talent doesn't compare to dallas's. overall, i think the series will be very close, but i wonder what it'll take before someone goes "hey, those mavs are actually pretty good!"
Soggy
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 27

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject:

bigred9678 wrote:
Chippy! wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

I knew about the intentional fouls on Bowen but I was referring to the fouls committed by a spur not on a spur (i.e. Robinson fouls Bradley by barely touching his elbow)...does that make sense? Most of those fouls were called just to "keep the fouls even." BAH!

apparently you missed the fact that being within 5 feet of duncan is a foul. you're right, they did call a lot of soft fouls, but they did it evenly. how do you complain about even officiating? how is it dallas's fault the spurs choked at the line? they'll get another chance tomorrow...
TCK
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 105

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Dallas will win simple as that..... Ducan proved once again last night he is no larry bird in the clutch. Mavs may have no defense but this is not the NFL top defensive teams dont win in the NBA its all about offense the run and gun style mavs have the spurs cant match they can run the floor like mavs can. Mavs will take it in 6
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Soggy wrote:
Chippy! wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

Shocked how are the spurs definately a better team? both went 60-22, they split their regular season series 2-2. sure, duncan didn't play in the last game, but nowitzki didn't play in the first game. duncan's the best player in the game, but nowitzki's top 5. after those two, san antonio's talent doesn't compare to dallas's. overall, i think the series will be very close, but i wonder what it'll take before someone goes "hey, those mavs are actually pretty good!"

Just my opinion soggy, as what you've said is just yours. Smile
SmallvilleGators
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 177

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Surprised Dallas will win in 6. If they continue to make 49 of 50 free throws, this series could be other in 4.
SmallvilleGators
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 177

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Soggy wrote:
Chippy! wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

The Spuurs hands down are a better team. Dont get me wrong, I'm rooting for Dallas, but the Spurs have a all around game. The Mavs just has offense, but thats all the west is pretty much.
bigred9678

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Soggy wrote:
apparently you missed the fact that being within 5 feet of duncan is a foul. you're right, they did call a lot of soft fouls, but they did it evenly. how do you complain about even officiating? how is it dallas's fault the spurs choked at the line? they'll get another chance tomorrow...

I'm not really complaining about the officiating. My main complaint is with the Mavs "strategy" that fouling is how to beat a good team that can't make free throws. I agree, the Spurs suck at Free throws. If they make there throws, dallas has no chance and dallas-fan has no excuse. I just wish they would play some real basketball. As far as officiating, I just think it is sad they have to call the game that way just to keep from getting ripped again. I say call a foul a foul and don't worry about whether it is even or not.

TCK wrote:
Dallas will win simple as that..... Ducan proved once again last night he is no larry bird in the clutch. Mavs may have no defense but this is not the NFL top defensive teams dont win in the NBA its all about offense the run and gun style mavs have the spurs cant match they can run the floor like mavs can. Mavs will take it in 6

I also agree, Duncan isn't the best in the clutch but that is not his strength. He is, however, cool-headed in the clutch. He can keep the rest of his team calm when things get tough better than anyone in the league. That is one of those intangible qualities that gave him the MVP. And if you think the Spurs can't run, you missed the entire Spurs-Lakers series. That is how they beat the Lakers, they ran the court and made fat-daddy Shaq tired along with the rest of the geezers on that team (i.e. Robert Horry). I guarantee the Spurs match up better everywhere BUT free throws.

But that is only my opinion. Can you tell I'm from San Antonio. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Jump to: