SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Bugs, Problems, Complaints, Suggestions & Compliments
Teams Stolen!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
bigred9678

Forum ID: 9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: Teams Stolen!

I've emailed smallball and got one response but I have not been given my team back yet.

Since July I have been allowing someone to be an assistant trainer for me since I can't train myself. Earlier this week he told me he could not access the teams anymore. I tried to login to them myself and I can't access them either.

Now before you flame me for giving out my password, realize that I have never once told anyone my password. The only person in the world that knows it is my wife.

So that leaves three options, either my assistant hacked into my account and stole my teams (I don't think so though), my assistant gave his password to someone else who hacked into my account, or someone just hacked into the teams period. Security flaw anyone?

The teams in question are 31304 and 32153. Anyone who has been around a while can vouch that those are mine and I am not making this up.

I wouldn't be so upset if I had not invested so much in these teams (money and time). Now please, someone get my teams back! Thank You.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:37 am    Post subject:

Ah, ECY/Canibal was touting these teams as his a little while ago. He said that he was the original creator of the team and that you finally gave them back. He's banned from here now but he still hangs at Smallstarz. He's been accused of stealing other teams and who knows? He might have found a way in...

Edit:

I see on the Profile button, Canibal has it set to him. If I'm not mistaken, that option can only be set with the full password.

Last edited by solipsta on Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
LCD
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 45

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject:

yeah he was in TTM the other night complaining that smallball took away all his teams.
bigred9678

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject:

Well he's full of it! I created 31304 in October 2001 and 32153 a little while after that.

ADD: I would never have let an assistant train these teams if I knew that it was possible to hack into them and change the owner's password.

ADD 2: Yes I changed the profile myself when he was training for me, cause he aked me to. I didn't mind since I wasn't training them myself.

Last edited by bigred9678 on Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject:

bigred9678 wrote:
Well he's full of it! I created 31304 in October 2001 and 32153 a little while after that.

He's always full of it. Anyways, he's the one you wanna go after.

We know these are your teams and I'm behind you in getting them back.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject:

bigred9678 wrote:

ADD: I would never have let an assistant train these teams if I knew that it was possible to hack into them and change the owner's password.

ADD 2: Yes I changed the profile myself when he was training for me, cause he aked me to. I didn't mind since I wasn't training them myself.

You didn't happen to change the email to his so that he could receive email alerts, did you?

Last edited by solipsta on Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
bigred9678

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject:

Well, I would "go after him" but there I wouldn't even know where to start. My only choice is for somone from Smallball to just change the password back to the one I emailed them. Rolling Eyes
bigred9678

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

You didn't happen to change the email to his so that he could receive email alerts, did you?

Yes...D'oh!!
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:47 am    Post subject:

bigred9678 wrote:
Well, I would "go after him" but there I wouldn't even know where to start. My only choice is for somone from Smallball to just change the password back to the one I emailed them. Rolling Eyes

Hehe, sorry. Wrong choice of words....it's still early... Razz
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:49 am    Post subject:

bigred9678 wrote:
solipsta wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

Yes...D'oh!!

There ya go. All he had to do, as I'm sure you now realize, is email them that he lost his PW and wants a new one sent to his email.

Hmmm, I'd PM Ladyhwk about this. She seems to be the one that handles some of the stolen teams around here. She might be able to help you out. No worries, I'm sure you'll get them back. Everyone knows that they're yours...
bigred9678

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:
solipsta wrote:
bigred9678 wrote:

Yes...D'oh!!

There ya go. All he had to do, as I'm sure you now realize, is email them that he lost his PW and wants a new one sent to his email.

Hmmm, I'd PM Ladyhwk about this. She seems to be the one that handles some of the stolen teams around here. She might be able to help you out. No worries, I'm sure you'll get them back. Everyone knows that they're yours...

Well great...*sigh* The only reason I trusted him is because I traded him one of my older teams a while back and everything went fine. Otherwise I wouldn't have changed a lot of those things. I'll try Ladyhawk. Thanks.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject:

bigred9678 wrote:
Well great...*sigh* The only reason I trusted him is because I traded him one of my older teams a while back and everything went fine. Otherwise I wouldn't have changed a lot of those things. I'll try Ladyhawk. Thanks.

Yeah, he's a big scammer.

Anyways, you're welcome.

And good luck!
Flingz
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject:

just for the record I got your back too. I know these are your teams. I heard a story of how ecy/canibal stole someone elses team. He was talking to them on MSN and was directly connected with them and he sent them a program without them knowing it that tracks every keystroke you make. He then asked the person if he could use his team on assistant PW for a minute. The person continued to log in to his team using the REAL pw in order to set the ASSISTANT PW and ECY/canibal was getting a log of everything he was typing, thus he got his password. I think this idiot/moron/dolt/scumbag should be permanently banned from smallball and not just the forums. If someone went into walmart and stole things, would they just be prevented from reading walmart advertisements or would they get in more trouble?????????????????????????????????

best of luck bigred
bigred9678

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject:

Flingz wrote:
just for the record I got your back too. I know these are your teams. I heard a story of how ecy/canibal stole someone elses team. He was talking to them on MSN and was directly connected with them and he sent them a program without them knowing it that tracks every keystroke you make. He then asked the person if he could use his team on assistant PW for a minute. The person continued to log in to his team using the REAL pw in order to set the ASSISTANT PW and ECY/canibal was getting a log of everything he was typing, thus he got his password. I think this idiot/moron/dolt/scumbag should be permanently banned from smallball and not just the forums. If someone went into walmart and stole things, would they just be prevented from reading walmart advertisements or would they get in more trouble?????????????????????????????????

best of luck bigred

Thanks Flingz. I suspected that as well becuase he asked me to change his password about 2 days before I lost them. Go figure. Why there are people in the world like this I will never know. I mean, why would he want to steal a smallball team. What value is there in it other than sentimental. *sigh*

ADD: however, I do have file-sharing disabled for yahoo messenger so the only way he could have sent me that program would be by hacking into yahoo messenger.
bigred9678

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject:

My Teams have been returned to me!!! WOO HOO!

Thank you Smallball and those that served as support. I appreciate it very much!
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject:

bigred9678 wrote:
My Teams have been returned to me!!! WOO HOO!

Thank you Smallball and those that served as support. I appreciate it very much!

Great to hear! Now get them back up there! Surprised
TheGreatOne
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 50

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject:

he hacked into my team - have no idea how - changed all

posistions and names - And then he told me he used a Password

Guessing program *yes they are out there* And the big guy

calling the shots doesnt believe me, good luck bigred,

I was talking to ECY and i knew they were your team, First of

all he said UHMB was a girl, and i dont know about you, but Bigred isnt

very feminine Wink

So Good Luck Big red! (i remembered you from the days in SBC)
TheGreatOne
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 50

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Sorry,

Glad to hear you got em back..

Shoulda read it all! Rolling Eyes
BTB
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 88

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
Ah, ECY/Canibal was touting these teams as his a little while ago. He said that he was the original creator of the team and that you finally gave them back. He's banned from here now but he still hangs at Smallstarz. He's been accused of stealing other teams and who knows? He might have found a way in...

Edit:

I see on the Profile button, Canibal has it set to him. If I'm not mistaken, that option can only be set with the full password.

For the record, he got booted from SmallStarz the same day he got booted from SmallBall Forums!
NotALady
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1881

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject:

BTB wrote:
solipsta wrote:

Edit:

For the record, he got booted from SmallStarz the same day he got booted from SmallBall Forums!

and the guys on the CoC forums booted him also.... Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject:

TheGreatOne wrote:
he hacked into my team - have no idea how - changed all

posistions and names - And then he told me he used a Password

Guessing program *yes they are out there* And the big guy

calling the shots doesnt believe me, good luck bigred,

I was talking to ECY and i knew they were your team, First of

all he said UHMB was a girl, and i dont know about you, but Bigred isnt

very feminine Wink

So Good Luck Big red! (i remembered you from the days in SBC)

Well, I am definitely NOT a female...not that there is anything wrong with that. Wink

and "UHMB" is wrong anyway, it is "UMHB". It stands for University of Mary Hardin-Baylor where I went to college. Anyway, I'm glad to have them back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Bugs, Problems, Complaints, Suggestions & Compliments
Jump to: