SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Football (Soccer) Forums » Football (Soccer) 101
Everything you'd need to know about SBFB...for newbies!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 37

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Everything you'd need to know about SBFB...for newbies!

UPDATED on 10-11-03

It's that time again....I'm helping the community! Laughing

How to find your Goalie
by me (GJT)

How to find your Goalie:

First of all, you need to find your goalie (or GK). To do so, you will need lots of patience and time. Have the goalie in the box until all of his TP is gone. Go to posts mode, and switch him for another player. Do the same thing to all players. After 10 training sessions of doing this (mind you, these training sessions should be 48 hr. training sessions, so about 20 days)... Start to train in Reaction skill. You can do this by putting three players in the "Reaction Zone" in the upper right part of the trainer. Do this with all players for about 5 training sessions. Then, sort list your players in GOALIE Skill (AND REACTION: THE MOST important goalie skill)...your overall highest dude (doesn't HAVE to be num. 1 on both skills) is your "real" GOALKEEPER! Then start to train your goalie in Goalie, Running, and Reaction.

Note: You don't need two goalies in SBFB, but you may have them if you want.

How to Find your "Position Players"
by NRaider

After you find your goalie(s) you need to max everyone in Run. This'll take about maybe 10-15 training sessions of 48 hour pies. After that, I suggest maxing dribble skill (again, about 15 training sessions of 48hr). That way when your players get the ball, you can move well with the ball. And about once a week go back and run them. That way you keep them maxed in Run. Once you are a speeding demon, you should train in Interception. Why, you ask?? See below in Most important skills.... Again, go back and train in run and dribble this time about once a week. After you finish maxing Interc., next go to Reaction skill. This way you can shift direction in a split second and your defense can be reacting better for coming forwards. After that you can train in Aim (just allow your guys to shoot at the goalie) you will gain some Power in that to. So you wil have almost everything done.

How to Train Reaction in "Zone Mode"
by ironman44 and Protector

Here is what i did. In the Zone training mode, put two players in the circle. Get one on the outside of the circle, drag the other guy to close range to the second player. They will kick back and forth to each other at close range. One player does not move, but the second guy keeps running away from the first, but when the ball is kicked to him he turns to recieve the ball. So it a good idea to put a player who has no TP kicking to him. If they start to get to far apart keep dragging the player back to close range. If you do it just right, they will stay close to each other and train reaction for that player.

Protector said--
-- UPDATE: Now, you can also train reaction skill in zone mode by dragging the player you want to train to the upper right hand corner of the training screen when you are in zone mode (yes, I'm being redundant, but I want to make sure I get the point across). After being put in the invisible reaction training area (it is barely even marked in the trainer) a player will run back and forth in a zig zag pattern and will slowly, very slowly gain reaction... It's the only way, though.

Positioning Your Players
by yagadan05

I've heard a lot of people complain about not getting the right positioning.. this is basic, but what i follow and it works for me mostly (except against Borussia Dortmund and Bad Boys Wink they're just too good)

Forwards:
Most important: Aim
Secondly important: Kick Power
THIRD: Driving skill

Midfielders:
Most important: Interception/Driving skill.
Secondly important: Reaction
THIRD: aim/kick power

Defense:
Most important: Interception
Secondly important: Driving skill
THIRD: reaction skill

Goalie:
Most important is actually REACTION skill.
Of course, then GOALIE skill.
Then running is Third.

i had a horrible goalie maxed in GOALIE skill.. and then i realized i forgot to train him in reaction, and now i can't get enough of his show-stopping saves Wink Very Happy

The Most important Skills in SBFB
by GJT and yagadan05, and NRaider

I said--
--Dribble is important to everyone (except the goalie)... You will need it to win games!

yagadan said--
--Dribble is included in driving skill (they kinda go together) and running max. you should always have a maxed team in running.. and the way you know that someone is maxed in a skill is if you train a player that targets a certain skill, and all they gain is .01 (they lose it almost as fast as they gain it) then you know they are maxed in that skill.. it may happen once because of low TP so the way to find out is if you train the specific skill 3-5 times, and if you see no + a whole number, then it's maxed.

Nraider said--
--I believe the most important skill in Smallball Football is Interception.

Reason: You can have a crappy goalie and still win games. Not as much but you can... it is possible. If you have a good defense you will cause teams not to be able to shoot shots on you and cause your goalie less work. I have seen my team (187063) shoot about 12 shots a game ( WAY TOO MUCH). Ok, a good average amount of shots is 2 to 4. This causes less amount of goals and is better for your GD. If you are allowing about 5 or more shots on goal then you need to train in Interception more.

The top 2 things overall for Every player on your team is Interception and Reaction. Interception will help your goalie and reaction helps in every category.

PL Game Strategy
by Nraider

When to Play ProLeague Games:
When you get into ProLeagues you want to win, so here is some tips. After you train and you want to play a proleague game, you should play a big league game first. That way you see what is wrong if any and you can wait on it so you can train in it next time.

"Play them when your team is hot ... and if you lose even one, you stop"
said by Xtreme.

Also if the other team has a loosing streak, PLAY THEM!

DURING THE GAME:

When the two teams are first coming on the field, if you click on the center circle the game will start. You can do this for throw ins, field goals, goal kicks, and half-time.

Commissioner wrote:
AIMING SKILL
How precise can a player kick or deliver the ball to a given target. (goal or team mate).

KICK POWER
How much UMPHhh is put into a kick and ultimately how FAR a player can kick the ball.

RUNNING SPEED
How fast a player can run, at top speed.

DRIBBLING SKILL
How good of a dribbler a player is depends on this skill. This skill comes into play when another player tries to STEAL the ball away. He who has the highest Dribbling skill has a BETTER chance of getting the ball.

DRIVING SKILL
Driving the ball means how fast you can move while dribbling. So another way to look at this skill is that it's running speed while dribbling.

INTERCEPTION SKILL
The higher this skill the easier it is for the player to intercept the ball. This is used to help the player receive passes too.

REACTION SKILL
The reaction skill is used to control how quickly a player can react. The higher this skill the quicker the player can change directions.

GOALIE SKILL
This skill is specific to the Goal keeper. How well he protects the goal in general is influenced by this skill. However, other skills are important as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DidleySquat
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 2468

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject:

What about formation? you didn't say anything about formation. Does this have any impact on how your team plays?

Dids Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nraider
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 976

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject:

DidleySquat wrote:
What about formation? you didn't say anything about formation. Does this have any impact on how your team plays?

Dids Smile

YEs it does!

defensive team- 5-4-1 or 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 4-5-1
offensive team- 3-4-3 or 3-3-4
Average team- 4-3-3 3-4-3
If you dont know or u are just starting i suggest the 4-4-2 or 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 all of them are good.

NRaider
lachi
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 737

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject:

What about 3-5-2, this and 4-4-2 are the best in my opinion. I use either of them depending on how many good defenders I have.
nraider
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 976

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject:

lachi wrote:
What about 3-5-2, this and 4-4-2 are the best in my opinion. I use either of them depending on how many good defenders I have.

I use 4-4-2 on my teams that i train. So yes i think this is the best option to. But it all depends on your team.

NRaider
fluffymatt
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1581

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject:

I've said before, and I'll say again, I believe all formations with 3 at the back are poor choices. You'll never see a top team using them...

4-4-2 and 4-3-3 are the best, although some can successfully employ 4-5-1.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Football (Soccer) Forums » Football (Soccer) 101
Jump to: