SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:12 am
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
I've had enough
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: I've had enough
Subject description: This is it...

With all the hate floating around about this game.. well I dont see why these people don't just leave. If people hate this game that much stop visiting the forums and trying to bring everyone else down.

There are new people getting into this game everyday, and all they're seeing is how others hate the game so much.. Sooner or later new people will stop joining just because of all the negativity thats being thrown around.. and THAT will be the end of this game.

I have done more than probably most here have to try and save this game.. I have placed ads in Commish's local newspapers.. I have ran down phone numbers and wasted countless minutes on one of my pre-paid cells.. I have sent emails to various companies I've known to have worked with Commish.. I have send snail mail to every single address I can find that may even be remotely comimsh related.. I have even talked to an Annunziata thats not related to commish in hopes of finding out just what happened..

I have tried to be a friend to everyone in these forums, with very few exceptions (and I do mean very few) I have always done everything I can to try and help these forums thrive.. I enjoyed helping out as a Trade Agent, and the day I was asked if I was interested in being a GM here has been without a doubt the high point in my SB "career".

I was asked to be a GM without Commish's approval.. I have always thought that even had he been around he would have supported me as a choice and I would still have been made a GM.. Of coarse, I will never know that for sure.. but one thing I AM sure of.. if that I have always enjoyed this game and I have always enjoyed visiting these forums.

There are many others that I know dislike these forums and the game itself.. what always got to me is why these people just didnt stop playing / visiting the forums instead of coming around just to say how sucky everything is, blah blah blah.

This is it for me.. I can't take it anymore my health is still pretty bad and all.. I use to be able to come here and get cheered up a little bit but that hasn't happened in a long time now..

If anyone that considers me a friend would ever like to stay in touch with me the email address I use most often is mlthmp@email.com
Havana Slim

Forum ID: 7522

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't believe that any of the new players see this forum. Isn't it locked out for new accounts? I don't think there is that much hate as there is frustration being expressed, but that's just my take. I hope you still post from time to time, or that you hang out over at GWs site, because you are certainly one of the bigger assets to this or any forum. Greatest of luck to you and best wishes for your health.

Alacranes 9*
Jon2s
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 3806

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I completely understand your frustration Mlth. There are several people around here that just do not have anything positive to say and I wish they would just leave. Please do not let the idiots around here make you give up something you enjoy.

I too have spent many hours searching for commish and trying to figure out what happened. Nothing has panned out from my end either. I really do not have any idea where to look next, but I don't know that I will ever completely give up the search.

Jon
MidgMen

Forum ID: 123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Don't give up

Mlthmp,

Don't give up. Soon everyone who doesn't want to be around will be gone. Thank you for all your efforts to save the game. It isn't dead and while all good things do come to an end we really have no idea when this one will end.

Keep the faith brother,

Deadliest Catch #549986
dtown
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

How about you just ban those that are constantly being negative?
Mitch
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5153

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

mlthmp i never thought youd say that your leaving. As long as ive been in smallball (3,4 years roughly) you were a good sb contributor. I hate to see you go. If Commish's last name is Annunziata i know few people under the last name maybe i could help out?

Where does he live? Statewise, townwise anything like that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TNT1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 1618

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

New players of the game can view some of the pages in this forum just like anyone before they sign-in. As for banning someone just for being negative. Once we ban a user that is it forever. Without GW or the Commish there is no return nor new ID for them.

~803~ 11 Great Trainers and Beaner 10* (1st League for 19 seasons)
~9667~ Beauty and the 11 Beasts 10* (1st League Champs)
dtown
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5009

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject:

TNT1 wrote:
New players of the game can view some of the pages in this forum just like anyone before they sign-in. As for banning someone just for being negative. Once we ban a user that is it forever. Without GW or the Commish there is no return nor new ID for them.

Well I am sick of a lot of things that get said around here as others are. I say ban known bad seeds. That is my opinion, maybe I should be banned so I don't keep coming here hoping to find something nice.
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6405

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

I would really hate to see you go MLTHMP. You are one of the great ones here. Cant say the last time I didnt read one of your posts.
I hope what I say next makes since.
I hope your just having a bad day and you will reconsider.
Philgil
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7441

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

ya mo 1 will like 2 see u go dont worry about them
rikderimmer

Forum ID: 302

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject:

Michael,

Please reconsider your decision!!! People are probably posting negative things just because they need to lose it some way or another. I cannot imagine that they really hate the game or the forum.

You are one of the most respected members of the forum (at least for me) and I admire the way you present yourself as moderator.
Thanks for all your efforts to make this a nice place to be.

I wish you all the luck with your health buddy!!
thefly

Forum ID: 1557

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject:

isn't this forum gone very soon?
rikderimmer

Forum ID: 302

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject:

thefly wrote:
isn't this forum gone very soon?

I think only commish knows and he probably won't tell...
Enjoy it while it lasts!!!
ukce1861
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 2720

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject:

Mitch wrote:
Where does he live? Statewise, townwise anything like that

To my knowledge, the last known address was in Half Moon Bay, California. Or at least in that general proximity.

Hockey Comes Out Tomorrow! Surprised
PM jefeesdios for your password now!
Mitch
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5153

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

i might be able to get my uncle to track him. More then half of my family happen to be police or involved in crime fighting. Ill pass it on to him to see what turns up. Ill try to get some information such as his identity or house number.

Will do best

as for mike dont leave dude we are trying to bring it back
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Mitch wrote:
i might be able to get my uncle to track him. More then half of my family happen to be police or involved in crime fighting. Ill pass it on to him to see what turns up. Ill try to get some information such as his identity or house number.

Will do best

as for mike dont leave dude we are trying to bring it back

tell him to check if he's in jail or hiding cause he's got warrents from unpaid parking tickets Surprised

Mlthmp.. I hope you stay around these parts and i hope you can do something about the people who are doing these things rather than it cause others to leave. Thank you for your efforts in trying to find the commish and thank you for the work you put around here. I hope you stay here at this forum and ignore the people who are putting it down. I for one still love this game and the community so you are not alone in your feelings.

and please, take care

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
azizbatihk

Forum ID: 7334

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't like none of the moderators or helpers to leave, without them the forums would be in a worse condition
569476 4* ST, 307190 5* FA
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1090

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Mlthmp, I didn't know you very well if any at all but, don't go because of a select few. I hate to see anyone leave for such a reason. I understand about your health though...Your health always comes first...most of the time anyways. I believe these people that say that they need you and for 1 reason and that reason is 'cause it's the TRUTH!!!
dekid

Forum ID: 6522

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Hey Mike,
I know your health is your number one concern which it should be. But you also enjoyed this place, whether training your teams, monitoring these forums, or running that great league(SBSTL). Don't let a few immature malcontents ruin your fun. They do it for the attention, hoping it will replace some of the shortfalls of their life. Ignore them, and they will eventually go away. On your very worst day you are way better then them. I know the last thing you need now is extra aggravation, but there are a lot of good people who enjoy this game and would miss you.
John the Baptist
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 5277

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Michael has put alot of work into this game. Since the time I came into SB in 2004 to the time I left and now that I've come back, there has been good guys and bad guys. When I was a {edit} -MOD and chat mod I had to ban someone for life. I had some grief about it but I know it was the right thing to do. This break that C-man is on has been quite long, from what I've seen. I know he's taken breaks in the past, but I do not believe he's done it for this long. I commend the people who have kept this thing running in spite of the lack of current support. The overall SB community has been great. We have had alot of great times here.

POINT - When you post think about what you are posting. Some of these people put in alot and need our support rather than our blasting of the game they've put so much into. SB is a place where there's been the good guy and bad guy, but in the end it's always been the friendships that have held it together. Michael deserves our support fully. Michael is a true friend to myself and SmallBall all together. Stay strong my friend. Wink

http://www.asiasi.org/forums/
http://www.smallstarz.com
The New aSi aSi is here

Last edited by John the Baptist on Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Greek Wizard
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject:

John the Baptist wrote:
When I was a GM and chat mod I had to ban someone for life.

No offense John, but I don't remember you ever being a Global Mod here, unless I read it wrong.
John the Baptist
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 5277

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject:

Greek Wizard wrote:
John the Baptist wrote:
When I was a GM and chat mod I had to ban someone for life.

No offense John, but I don't remember you ever being a Global Mod here, unless I read it wrong.

My bad, I was only a Mod Embarassed But I still remember that guy who was banned, still think I have the PM that got him booted. Too offensive to post from what I can remember.

http://www.asiasi.org/forums/
http://www.smallstarz.com
The New aSi aSi is here
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 71

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject:

Sorry to see this. You've been nothing but top notch since you got here. These are indeed not the brightest days for smallball, but I guess I'll stay with the ship until it goes down (or sails on towards more promising seas).

Best of luck to you in everything you do mlthmp.

Proud Member of Smallball Devils
803 - 11 Great Trainers and Beaner (AcA)-(PL1)

9667 - Beauty and the 11 Beasts (AcA)-(PL1)
Retired: 5097-17690-19301 (3 PL1 Wins)
TheMinister
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 7296

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Sad to see you go, Michael. You're a great guy.

Love God, Love Family, Love Love.
Chris 1st IX
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6958

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:

In my short time here, there were two big people that I had high levels of respect for. The first was Bailey, and the other being you Michael. Sad to see you go, but your real life certainly comes first. Good luck with everything, and maybe see you elsewhere.

Chris.
6th IX ~ 559983 ~ 9* DT ~ PL Record: 41 wins, 13 losses ~ PL7
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
stubs

Forum ID: 6184

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I can't blame you one bit. Up until about a month ago, I browsed this forum quite frequently. Now I don't look at the forums but maybe once or twice a season. There really isn't that much to read and most of it is about the problems or accusations. It's tough to deal with. I used to love coming here and seeing the competition..... Competition and anticipation of what the season would bring. I don't see that at all anymore.

I have no idea what will happen to SmallBall, but I've gotten used to the schedule and become attached to my guys, so I guess I will continue to train until the game gives up! I may not be around here too much but I'm pretty sure if things pick up, I'll be right back in it.

Take care, Mike. Get yourself healthy and pop in every now and then to say hi! We can always use a smiling face Very Happy .
GCool
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5677

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

The constant competitive spirit, the love of every player, the willingness to give someone, anyone a chance ... this man is by far in my book one of the best SB will ever see. I'm very sorry to see you go, dude. Times with the leagues / associations we tried to make were as great as the leagues were unsuccessful Wink !
-Geoff
MY mentor, MY hero

mitype2 wrote:
I'll have some Ginger ale instead. Get it Ginger? Ginger Ale???
Rowdy Rooster
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6270

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

I rarely come to the forums and gave up on the game myself. Though I still share a couple teams with a few people. mlthmp was always positive, generous and always willing to help others. It was no surprise to anyone that was regular during that time that he whole heartedly deserved the position of moderator. Involvement has declined and I fully blame Commish for just abandoning the game. I tried and tried hanging on but I myself gave up a few seasons ago with taking out my time to train every day in hopes that there would be some revival.
Everyone who still plays commits their time and energy to keep it alive but the providers of the game ignore their customers. This is what lead to my limited play and lack of commitment to something I truly loved.
I really don't have anything alse to say. I'm not begging for ANDNOW to do anything, been there done that. Mike you stuck with it longer than any of us could have ever really expected. You will always be a role model in my book and thanks for all you've done. It was greatly appreciated.

"A true risk taker is one who invests in SmallBall."
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
Jump to: