SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Bugs, Problems, Complaints, Suggestions & Compliments
The real issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Wilson

Forum ID: 7451

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: The real issue

Yes Smallball is crashing and burning. Even though you may deny it, it's happening. We've tried time after time to contact commish but to no luck. I say we give up on him and try and find someone who is willing to take it over. This game can still be salvaged. We just need to find someone whose willing to salvage it for us.

Options:
1. Look to a big name like someone such as ESPN (They bought UBO about a year ago, another baseball online game)
2. Look at ourselves (Is anyone willing to make the investment of time and money into this game)

I know I'm not I'm just throwing the reality of it out there. This is in my mind the only way smallball will be repaired and saved.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

I think there have actually been people that have tried to purchase the game but either couldn't find anyone to purchase it from or were told that the game wasn't for sale.

It's a good thought, though....and who knows, maybe still possible.
mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Wilson wrote:
This game can still be salvaged. We just need to find someone whose willing to salvage it for us"

Uh-huh.. and with your signature reading "No one cares about smallball...." just how likely do you think it is that anyone will ever even try to salvage it?
paphillyman
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 5435

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I am actually surprized that this game is just left to go on as it is , with the potential it has to make money , I would think that commish would either sell it or get someone to run it for him ,after all , he did put alot of time to create the game to what it is , why let it just run on auto pilot?
azizbatihk

Forum ID: 7334

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The real issue

Me and my friends are trying to save money and keep the game alive but we are only little kids
569476 4* ST, 307190 5* FA
Doomchild
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 392

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

sending people INTERNET CODES in return for money? I must be missing something.

azizbatihk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Doomchild wrote:
sending people INTERNET CODES in return for money? I must be missing something.

What we do is save our left over change from lunch, avg. of $3.50 EC a day and $2.67 EC is $1 US but we don't save all we spent some on other stuff too
Greek Wizard
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject:

I think there are very very few people The Commish would sell the game to, if any.

I am not sure, but I could or could not be on the short list of people he would sell to, since I already have helped him in the forums, etc and he has shown me stuff about the game, he has only shown very few others.

I have never mentioned this before, because it is only a pipe dream, as I know it would never happen, but now that I am almost complete with the opening of WSF, should The Commish ever reads this, or anyone ever contacts him, I can honestly say that i would be interested in buying Smallball from him if the price was right, and depending what it involved to run.

Sure, a lot of people could say the same, but I have been involved, almost since the start of the game, and obviously, since the start of these forums.

I have never said I wanted the game to die, but that said, when the person that is in charge has not been around for 9 month or so, and has provided with zero customer service, then either the game needs to be sold, or shut down IMO

Again, I don't think it will ever be sold. Unfortunately, I fear that one day, you will all come here and the forums will be down, with the owner not even knowing, and the game will go on for a while longer as long as people still are buying tickets, and then stop working, and take days/weeks/months to fix, and by that time, there will not be many people left to play let alone save what was Smallball.

But in true honesty, this is the internet folks. this game has lasted 5 years, which IMO is a LOT longer than most internet games last, either due to lack of popularity, or simple sites shutting down (I have seen it happen).

i say keep playing the game, as if it's the last season.. get your goals, play your games, get your friends contact info, and hope something changes.
rikderimmer

Forum ID: 302

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject:

That is what I am afraid of. I try to logon to my team to train but the application is not working. I open the smallball forum but the page is unavailable. Team page is gone..... Smallball is gone!!!!

Well don't think about that and enjoy it while it is still here. There is still so much to achieve and enjoy!!!
Aziz, thanks for putting a smile on my face Smile
azizbatihk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

What did I do to put a smile on your face?
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6405

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I am going to go on until the New Year. My plan is to go down to at least two teams then IF C-Man doesnt come back. If he does, what does that mean? He can always disappear again. I dont plan on putting much more time and dedication into this. I love the game and most here.....Just cant keep supporting a game with no support.
My Gut says he will be back before January 1st.
John the Baptist
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 5277

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

bigdogv65 wrote:

My Gut says he will be back before January 1st.

As I've said before, not the first time he's dissapeared, not the last. I agree dog.

http://www.asiasi.org/forums/
http://www.smallstarz.com
The New aSi aSi is here
rikderimmer

Forum ID: 302

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

I hope he will put together some new year's intentions concerning smallball. I still can hardly believe it that someone would abandon a community that is so in love with a game he created.
Trace Gambit
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 3546

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Damn

When were you all convinced that the powers that be actually cared about anyone but themselves.

I actually did a very foolish thing, and introduced a fixed income retired friend to this game. Whom has since ordered tickets, in mid October, needless to say He has yet to receive anything. Oh foolish me !!!!

Lack of commitment to the game and or customer care has been like this forever, so none of us should be suprised.
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 1922

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I want my money back for the 700 team I never got? Am in need of that $85 pretty seriously now. Confused

Btw, if anyone succesfully buys this game or w/e... hire me on the marketing staff... I could get this game out with my connections around the nation including at least the New England area. Wink

102450¦105235¦1141¦889¦9669¦55345¦787

So many chances in life but only one at life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MaluBro07
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 5292

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Money wrote:
I want my money back for the 700 team I never got? Am in need of that $85 pretty seriously now. Confused

Btw, if anyone succesfully buys this game or w/e... hire me on the marketing staff... I could get this game out with my connections around the nation including at least the New England area. Wink

Haha, I remember when you bought that team, i shouldn't have told you to buy it! Razz

"XXI - When Doc say it’s a Rap, it’s a Rap, its Still Aftermath, and Aint nothing after that "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Bugs, Problems, Complaints, Suggestions & Compliments
Jump to: