SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:34 am
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
NFL week 13 picks (now completed)
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
yankee04
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 5943

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: NFL week 13 picks (now completed)

Finally fully updated with the rest of the week's games...
last week- straight up- 9/16
against the spread- 10/16
Thursday's game (already picked and correct)
Ravens at Bengals (-3)- The Bengals looked really good last week. Their defense was also having a good game. The Ravens are due to lose a game. Bengals win and cover.

The rest:
49ers at Saints (-7)- As much as the 49ers have looked fairly good this season, the Saints offense is too high powered for the 49ers defense. Saints win and cover.

Chargers (-6) at Bills- I'm a little scared for the Chargers after barely beating the Raiders last but they shouldn't have too much trouble with the Bills. Chargers win and cover.

Jets (0) at Packers- The Jets have a very easy scedule to end the season. The might win out. It is very possible. They should beat the Packers this week. Jets win and cover.

Vikings (+9.5) upset pick at Bears- I've lost a lot of confidence in the Bears. I have a feeling the Bears (Grossman in particular) will commit at least 3 turnovers this week and the Vikings will take advantage of some of them. Vikings upset Bears in my upset pick of the week.

Chiefs (-5) top pick at Browns- Do I need to explain myself in this one. Shiefs win and cover in my top pick of the week.

Rams at Cardinals (+6.5)- The Cardinals are finally looking like an NFL team. They are starting to figure things out. Cardinals upset Rams.

Colts (-7.5) at Titans- Titans will feel really good about last week's victory against the Giants, but the Colts are not the Giants. The Colts don't blow 21 point leads in the 4th quarter. Colts win and cover.

Lions (+13.5) at Patriots- The Patriots again look to be going far this year. However, I don't see them blowing out the Lions. Patriots win but Lions cover.

Falcons at Redskins (-2)- The Falcons can't seem to do anything right recently. Vick is back to looking like he can't pass for his life. It will continue this week. Redskins win and cover.

Texans at Raiders (-3)- The Raiders almost beat the Chargers last week. That must be worth something. Raiders win and cover.

Jaguars at Dolphins (0)- The Dolphins have seemed to make a turnaround this season. Im taking the Dolphins to win and cover simply because they are the home team in this one.

Bucs (+7.5) at Steelers- The Steelers are looking better recently. The Bucs still seem to have to have no offense. Steelers win but the Bucs cover.

Cowboys (-3.5) at Giants- Goodbye to the Giants as much as i hate to say. Romo has looked really good. Manning has looked really bad. Add that up and you get Cowboys win and cover.

Seahawks at Broncos (-4)- The start of the cutler era begins. It took too long to make that change. He will come up big in his first game. Broncos win and cover.

Monday night game:
Panthers (-3) at Eagles- Eagles shot without McNabb. Enough said. Panther win and cover.

challenges always accepted and appreciated....

Last edited by yankee04 on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doomchild
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 392

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Tony Romo is going to get POUNDED.

yankee04
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 5943

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Picks updated for those who care
pizzaguy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 4887

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Panthers are gonna win Monday Night
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1090

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

pizzaguy wrote:

Damn man I sure do hope so 'cause if not, then our season is over for sure!
GCool
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5677

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Is it safe to say the Pats have an easy road to 13-3? The only game left to worry about is Week 16 @ Jacksonville, and even they've been skidding as of late (btw, the other games are vs Miami, vs Houston, and @ Tennessee)
MY mentor, MY hero

mitype2 wrote:
I'll have some Ginger ale instead. Get it Ginger? Ginger Ale???
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

GCool wrote:
Is it safe to say the Pats have an easy road to 13-3? The only game left to worry about is Week 16 @ Jacksonville, and even they've been skidding as of late (btw, the other games are vs Miami, vs Houston, and @ Tennessee)

Ha Ha safe? safe? come on Miami last year was unstoppable the 2nd half of the season and guess what...it's the 2nd half of the season and Miami is looking pretty good but, we will find out today if they really are a contending team. As for Houston there not that horrible...ok maybe they are but, they can at times be good. Tennessee are a decent team. Tennessee is actually looking really good! You got Vince Young out there who can nearly run like Mike Vick and can throw about like Steve (Air) McNair. McNair can throw better but, if you look at there stats than you will find that they are not too far apart besides the rushing yards part.
So Yes the Pats are an Elite team and No they do NOT have an easy road to 13-3 for they will very much be challenged!
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

koolzach1 wrote:
pizzaguy wrote:

It looks like are medocre season is possibly over! Good riddens we don't deserve the playoffs for how bad we've played! "the panthers are such a great team and I believe that they will win the superbowl". LOL, I remember when all the so-called "experts" picked us to win the superbowl.

Learn how to NOT throw key interceptions especially in the 4th Dellhomme!!! you stupid ****! Mad Theres not many people who like Dellhomme as much as me but this crap has got to STOP! Mad

Last edited by koolzach1 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
humdrums
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6682

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:

koolzach1 wrote:
koolzach1 wrote:
pizzaguy wrote:

It looks like are medicare season is possibly over! Good riddens we don't deserve the playoffs for how bad we've played! "the panthers are such a great team and I believe that they will win the superball". LOL, I remember when all the so-called "experts" picked us to win the superbowl.

Learn how to NOT throw key interceptions especially in the 4th Dellhomme!!! you stupid ****! Mad Theres not many people who like Dellhomme as much as me but this crap has got to STOP! Mad

If the Saints get rid of you...Do I even have to finish? Wink Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Jump to: