SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 4:51 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
ProLeague 1 Champion
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Robin
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 7276

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: ProLeague 1 Champion

Congratulations Mikey and your Steelers! 14 wins ain't too shabby!

~102 ProLeague Wins~
omgwat
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Good job, Mikey! Congrats!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tim's Dodgers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 11

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Congratz Steelers/Devil 4 Life/SBD!!!

And an extra special congratulations to Have Gun-Will Travel, for making a further travesty of a game that is on it's final legs. You could have at least left your best pitcher in, nevermind moving your best hitters to the bottom of the order.
You must feel great knowing that you controlled the winner of first league. How powerful you must feel right now I can only guess. Rolling Eyes
I hope you never make it back to first league because you didn't have the integrity to be there this season.

Tim...

Christmas Eve '01 (AcA) (2nd)
Tim's Dodgers (AcA) (3rd)
The Keys (AcA) (4th)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jon2s
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 3806

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Tim's Dodgers wrote:
blah blah blah blah blah...

I love it when a Global Mod makes generalizations and accusations. Way to go.
nelmo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Mikey had a awesome season. He started out 9-1, and left everyone in the dust to begin the season. A great season, and well deserved and earned championship. Very Happy

I understand what Tim is saying, and being a Mod does not mean you need to keep quite if you think something wasnt right. I respect Tim, and anyone else with the balls to call it like they see it.
Smith (Global Mod) started the post the last time a team (Hippy" team) held in their hands the outcome of another teams (Trace"s team) position and yet waited till after initiating all day, then took out the pitcher that had been pitching all day, only to put a pitcher in, that had not pitched all season, and got whipped real bad. Commish was here back then, and made both drop a league since the score was so lopsided, and Hippy had played all the rest of his games that day with another pitcher.

Its PL 1, and if your going to drop, and are just playing out the rest of your games, its only right you keep initiating the same way since your playing only to finish off your games. The only ppl the games left to intiate matters to, is the teams your playing against. You cant do anything about where you team is going to end at. Thats already desided. That being the case, its only honorable to play out the same way you have been initiating. The server gives random wins also, so if your out of it and just playing out the games, you (out of respect for the teams in PL1) should just go ahead and play out. Not switch pitchers Rolling Eyes
Just looked funny when someone decides to change pitchers that one game when they cant do anything but play out and drop, yet switch and get beat in a park like Monster 16-3? Or would you.... knowing your going to drop play the game exactly like you did the rest of the games you played in that day. I don't train anymore, or will I again, but there was a time that a changing of a pitcher in PL 1, at the end of your initiating and when you didn't have anything to play for, would raise a red flag right away. Could have been avoided by playing the same as all the rest, even if you do wait to play the only meaningful game at the end.

PPL need to patrol the leages on there own now. No one is here in any positon to do a thing, or enforce any pl league rules. Thats all I have to say, you dont have to like it, or like me. I really dont care, one way or another. I just loved the game and the community and stuck it out for 5 years.
Wish everyone all the luck in the world (not smallball, but real life) and Congratulations to Mikey, who played a hell of a season.

Last edited by nelmo on Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject:

congrats, SBD forwever, no matter, woowowowowoww

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
Chris 1st IX
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6958

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:

Congrats guys, it was close.

Second was 11GT&B, nearly getting their second title.
6th IX ~ 559983 ~ 9* DT ~ PL Record: 41 wins, 13 losses ~ PL7
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TNT1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 1618

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

Congrats to SBD Twisted Evil and to everyone in PL 1 this past season who played honestly.

~803~ 11 Great Trainers and Beaner 10* (1st League for 19 seasons)
~9667~ Beauty and the 11 Beasts 10* (1st League Champs)
Jim
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 5758

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:

First off I will also offer my congrats on a job well done. Now I feel personally attacked by a MOD and have to defend my actions. Have Gun-Will Travel didnt change pitchers, I did. Why? When I opened my clip board it listed Cisco Kid as number 1 pitcher. HGWT had no TP to pitch off other than a sliver. Why keep in a pitcher throwing 110 when I have one on the bench who is throwing 112. As for changing my batting order.. I did'nt. So you hope I never get back to PL1, LOL..I hope you drop dead. we will see whose hope comes true first. I can gaurantee you that I will be back in PL1. I will start a new team and call them the STUPID MF's and you can be the captain!! I am outa here.
TNT1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject:

Look, there is no reason to argue the point because who ever changes the seasons now does not give us time to review anything. The best team won and that is that. However, I would like to point out that in your post you admit to having no TP and little skill because you waited to play SBD last. This is why if appears to look sooo bad. By doing it this way you left no room at all for the game to be reviewed and looks like you are hiding something when this occurs. If you take note ALL of 803's games are played two full days before the end of the season, every season.

Good luck to Everyone this season.

TNT1

kid-tony17271
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7037

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: reply

CONGRATS.....I love it when a new team gets the gold as far as somebody changing pitchers I change pitchers daily and constantly so I have no dispute with that issue as long as the player was used as a pitcher in the past...I dont know why team 803 is crying when I did the same thing with there team and the didnt make a peep in the game where the won the title I pulled my normal pitcher with the kittens and they got the win
Gooser
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 3754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject:

Congrats to 10737, great season! You destroyed my team twice. As far as the changed pitcher goes, as long as it was a real pitcher I don't see the problem. But then again we can't review the game so... Nothing like a little controversy to wake people up around here Wink .
ACE
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 5755

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

When Jim first showed these posts here I was speechless but now I'm just livid.
Lets start at the beginning with Tim. You have wayyyy too much time on your hands if you're sitting at your computer dreaming up these paranoid delusions. A person much wiser than me said something like.."Better to remain silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Ok now to you Nelmo. What do you mean by "just playing out the rest of your games"? It seems to me that by not trying to win EVERY game that you are doing exactly what you've accused Jim of. By not changing up your team to keep your best players in then you are "throwing" games to the other team. Your suggestion that if you can see you're gonna drop out of the league and are just "playing out your games" is stupid. Jim plays to win each game no matter what his or anyone elses ranking is. You need to check your own honesty factor because what you said is totally dishonest. And since when is it ANYONES business what another owners batting order is. For every team Jim has at all times they are lined up by AVG period. He cant possibly check batting order after every game so sure they're gonna go up and down in average each game. Duh!!!
As far as you go TNT...we play the games the way they are listed in the loader....not so "NO ONE CAN REVIEW" You sound just a little paranoid too.
You ppl don't know Jim but if you did you would know this he is the most honest here and ALWAYS plays to win.
Why dont you go invent some other stupid topic and pick on someone else. Cause you have ALL posted some ignorant crap.
By the way...congrats to the winner and good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 71

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

First of all, congrats to mikey as he 100% deserved this championship. His team played great all season and was truly the best. Way to go! Very Happy

When I saw the mention of the pitcher switch "situation" at another forum, I had no idea that Jim was the owner in question. I have always had a huge amount of respect for him (and ACE as well), and I still do. It's a tough situation for me, since the others posting about it here are my friends at AcA, who I also have a great deal of respect for. It's somewhat uncomfortable.

Bottom line, this should in no way take away from mikey's awesome season.

Proud Member of Smallball Devils
803 - 11 Great Trainers and Beaner (AcA)-(PL1)

9667 - Beauty and the 11 Beasts (AcA)-(PL1)
Retired: 5097-17690-19301 (3 PL1 Wins)
nelmo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

I agree with Beaner. Mikey did a great job, and like my post said he deserved it.

Now........I have played for to long to be blind, and you can call it whining or whatever you want to, but after seeing so many PL 1 seasons, you see when things are weird. Changing pitchers isn't the problem. If you use two or three pitchers during the season and decide to change, that great. But the pitcher that was brought in had two games played all season a 14.00 ERA, and a .250 batting average. If he was actually higher in the pitch sort why wasn't he ever used during any of the games prior to that game, or why was he used in just two games all season. As for lineup not being the same, I have proof it was changed, as before I posted I looked over the games before and after, and saved it in case I was called out.

I guess its ok to go ahead and try something else out when your not winning much. Just looked wrong to change a pitcher not used during the season, and change lineup after already playing 7 games that day. You can do what you want to, nobody here will do anything. And YES, if in the past if my team was not in the run, and I had to play two teams that both were in the run, or play someone that I determined their position, and after training that day played............. I would play all of them the same way. Not experiment with a pitcher I didn't use all season.Call it what you want, cheating, not trying, or anything else. But I call it respect, honor and integrity

Never thought I would actually leave the forums, but I guess not training and seeing the games downfall I will not post again. If commish was here, he would have definitely looked at the timing of trying out something new at that time and not during the season. But the fact is he isn't, GW isn't, and why should I when I don't play.

Sorry for the trouble, gl everyone.
ACE
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 5755

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject:

You still dont get it do you Nelmo? You think you know but you dont. Our pitchers are trained twice a day. If you bother to look at our roster everyday you would see that Cisco is definitely in the lineup at different times. He is pitched every day just like Have Gun. The only games we have time for are pro. If no one iniates against us when Cisco is in then he doesnt get game time. We have 8 teams in the leagues. If Cisco only played 2 games this season...oh well. At the time of his change we had a 112 mph pitcher on the bench and Have Gun was worn out and had no pie. Jim says he initiated over 60 games with our teams after he got home from work. We DID NOT cheat and never have so like I said find someone else to accuse. And you're never posting here again...well thats all good cause neither am I. You and your pals have singlehandedly ruined any desire I had to come here. Jim cheating....OMG how stupid you are. So good bye to all you paranoid haters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stubs

Forum ID: 6184

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

Wow, another SmallBall controversy. It's been a while since I've seen something significant here.

I think what is happening here comes from the 2 theories of SmallBall:

First, the prosecution (that's what I am going to call those who are accusing Jim of "throwing" the game) looks at SmallBall through the performance on the field. They don't go by the "sort" lists in the trainer. It's what their players are actually doing on the field in games that they pay attention to. If a player doesn't catch the ball in the outfield or throws to the wrong base, then they don't put that player in that position. If they are constantly driving the ball or knocking in a lot of runs, then they will put that player in a higher position in the batting order. If teams aren't scoring a lot of runs against a particular pitcher, then they use that pitcher for games. It makes sense and I can understand this philosophy.

Second, the defense (in this case Jim and Ace and others that side with them) look only through the results and sort lists in the trainer. They put the players that sort higher in the lists at those positions. If a pitcher is sorting lower than a second pitcher, then they will be benched or play another position if they sort better in those positions. They don't necessarily pay attention to their performance during games because it can take too much time to watch every game, even if you use some accelerator to speed up the game. Even if you do watch a game at a higher speed, you can miss some plays made by the defense. This may put a player in a position that they don't perform well in during games but since the trainer says they are good at that skill, they put them there.

I can't make a decision on this one because I see both sides of this issue. What I really think is happening is a misunderstanding by both sides.

Anyways, Congrats Mickey!
TNT1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

ACE wrote:

As far as you go TNT...we play the games the way they are listed in the loader....not so "NO ONE CAN REVIEW"
You are never going to win 1st PL doing it that way.
ACE wrote:
You sound just a little paranoid too.
I'm a cop, that is what keeps me alive on the street and puts criminals in jail. I would have it no other way. If the games had been played in a timely manner then there would be no question. I believe everyone can agree with that. Once again this is nothing new to SmallBall and I would think everyone playing PL games would know this. If you don't have time to play the games then maybe you should not be training 8 teams at the same time.

one mile high
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 4988

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Congrats Mikey!!!

I wish there was never a situation like this. 803 will win it again, just a matter of time. That is the only team I have any control over (1 player) and I can care less what anyone else does. Good luck to everyone, just wish Mikey's first title didn't have a "cloud" over it. Last season on his way to PL1 he dealt with the same thing. That team smoked me in MLB on his way to the championship, good team, good trainer and a heck of a PL1 championship.

I don't know what happened with the lineups, because honestly I don't care enough to ever look at that garbage. Whether it happened or not, honestly I don't care. Only those involved truly know, but this shouldn't affect Mikey and his championship this season. Besides, we (AcA) are used to being in the top 3 and not winning it so this is nothing new for us. Guess we should have beaten LCD in our last game, and no matter what happened in Mikey's games it wouldn't have mattered.

Congrats to Mikey, and sorry that another season goes down in smallball history with some "cloud" surrounding it. That is the part that gets old for me. The names change on the winners and helpers, but it always seems like something happens to turn a positive into a negative.

OMH
Kyle
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 326

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject:

I guess I'll break the topic and ask. Do the seasons start on Sunday now?
Philgil
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7441

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations Mikey and your Steelers great job winnin the PL1
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject:

Kyle wrote:
I guess I'll break the topic and ask. Do the seasons start on Sunday now?

Yes. It ends on Saturday night and starts anew Sunday a few hours after the season resets. No more 1 day gap Exclamation

Also, congrats to the winning team Smile

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
rikderimmer

Forum ID: 302

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject:

First congratulations to the Steelers!!!! Great job!

Kind of a bummer that this congratulation thread is covered with accusations, conspiracy theories and good bye's.
mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

congratulations Mikey!

Couldn't happen to a better guy Cool now go out there and make it two in a row!
nelmo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject:

I will not just leave these forums and game without getting a few things straight. Being that AcA members are looked at as sore losers now, and I may be looked at as a accuser and conspiracy nut, I will say these final words.

People in the past here, have actually been banned for making unfounded accusations. Anyone that has known me for the 5 years I have been here knows I do not just throw out an accusation based on a feeling, or because of my emotions. Before I made my first post, I had to spend time looking over and saving the game stats page for every game played before the now famous game. I found that the 1 through 4 batters in the lineup were changed to 6 through 9 batters just for that game. Not something I am making up, but a fact I can back up with stats and game pages. The defensive positioning stayed the same, but the lineup and pitcher were changed. I am not afraid to ever call someone out that all of the sudden does something out of character, After seeing two one run games and all games played with the same average runs, seeing one with a 16-3 score made me look into it. I have sent word to Mikey that none of this reflects on him, and would have been sad if he lost the badge after such a great start. Respect is not something I got free here during the years, but something I earned. Winning has never been what’s its been about for me. If you suspect someone doing something weird, do the research first, and do not be afraid to call it out if the facts tell you. I apologize to Mikey, AcA, and anyone else I offended with my posts, but have facts that could not be questioned. Cheating is a bad word, and I would not even call it that. Just bad judgment to change things in the only game that mattered, and then saying you did not change the lineup, when I have pages that show he did.

Have fun everyone, and play it as you do life.
Jim
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Well Nelmo if you have proof that I changed my line-up, then I must have done so. The only possible explanation I can come up with is when setting my line-up by average, I accidentally had it on TP instead of AVG. One is above the other and I have done it before but I usually catch it. As for changing the pitcher, I still defend my right to put in a pitcher who is fresh and throwing 112, over a pitcher who has just pitched 6 or 7 straight games and was throwing it at 110. I will also humbly apologize to all the fine people at AcA and especially to Tim, I do not hope you drop dead (LOL?). I hope you continue to live a happy and fruitful life and wish nothing but the best to you and your family. Nelmo, I also apologize to you, you are truly a great guy and nobody but nobody knows more about this game than you. I am not well known on these forums but I want you all to know that I am honest to a fault and my integrity, which in my life has never been challenged, is intact. I'm just an old fart who probably drinks a little to much whiskey on Saturday nights. I absolutely love this game and would never intentionally do anything to hurt it. Please Please you all don't hold this against me. I promise to be more careful in the future and maybe from now on I can get my games in a little earlier. 60 plus games to challenge in one evening IS a bit much, even on two PC's but hell is sure is a lot of fun. Now good luck to all and please forgive my mistake.
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad that this has come to somewhat of a happy ending. I'd much rather have things go this way than have things spiral out of control.

Like I said before, I have a great deal of respect for both nelmo and Jim, and the last two posts are pretty much exactly what I would expect out of both of them.

Now let's move on and play ball! Very Happy

rikderimmer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Good to see that people still care about the game and the way it should be played. Respect for the people that were striving to resolve this misunderstanding in an elegant way. Jim & Nelmo.... Applause
Havana Slim

Forum ID: 7522

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm still spiraling out of control and need Nelmo to say that he also is fine now and that he's not going to disappear. Otherwise I'm afraid I'm gonna crash and burn.

Alacranes 9*
rikderimmer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Havana Slim wrote:
I'm still spiraling out of control and need Nelmo to say that he also is fine now and that he's not going to disappear. Otherwise I'm afraid I'm gonna crash and burn.

LOL!!! Nelmo please say that you are going to keep an eye on us and try to point us in the right direction....

Last edited by rikderimmer on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Havana Slim wrote:
I'm still spiraling out of control....

LOL

nelmo will be around GW's new forums plenty. Wink

Tim's Dodgers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

No hard feelings from me Jim. Although I don't really know you that well I probably would have said something no matter who it was, even if none of my teams were effected directly. Too many things just looked out of whack.

Everyone just needs to understand that we cannot just bring these situations to SmallBalls attention and have them investigate. Therefore we are left with a self-policing game, and more people are watching than you might think.

In a perfect world we would be able to review games after the season ends. The way it is now, it can be quite tempting to try to sneak something by in the last few hours.

I realize that real life can make us have to scramble to get our games in sometimes, but if we can we need to try to keep that to a minimum.

As for me, I always try to start playing games at least by the first weekend. Also I always try to play my other teams first and then other teams in my clan as soon as I can after that. This way anyone can say something if they think I have done something shady. Just me, but I have never had any problems doing it this way.

Tim...

Christmas Eve '01 (AcA) (2nd)
Tim's Dodgers (AcA) (3rd)
The Keys (AcA) (4th)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jim
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Tim for not hating me. I will say once again and swear on my mothers grave that I did not intend to change my batting order. I also had no idea of the importance of that single game. Since I was getting beat so soundly by all of you I had'nt even looked at the league page. The importance of that one game went over my head completely unnoticed. When I read your original post I couldnt for the life of me think what you were even talking about. That said...Good luck to everyone and thanks for understanding that I made an honest mistake.
nelmo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Got a message saying I should come look at the thread, and I am very glad I did.

First, let me say I completely believe you Jim, and do not have any reason to doubt you. You saying you did not make those crucial changes that caused the lopsided score, was what made me react totally out of my element. I have in the past, done the same thing. Especially when your changing things in ST (DT is a easy drag to change) and are in a hurry. I once played a PL game with a first baseman pitching, in one many mistaken changes. I can also remember one of Das's teams dropping to 8* for a whole day and getting whipped by all that seen it in PL2. Das posted the next day how he had made a wrong change before going to sleep and had not noticed until it was too late. Changing players in ST affects lineup card also, and sometimes things like that happen.

All your teams are awesome, and you are an elite trainer in today’s game. That is the reason why I could not hold back saying what I did. A trainer that has been to PL1 numerous times, and is accustomed to initiating on the last day of season will have his best pitcher sharp and ready for the days playing, and the team at its sharpest on that last day. Unfortunately, sometimes, the smallball gods do not feel the same way, and the outcome is not what was expected.

I feel like an idiot for taking Mikey's congrats thread in the wrong direction, and feel bad about that. Mikey would have probably won anyway, as your team was slumping most of the day. I am the first to root for a new champion every season, and always found a way to post and show everyone here at OSBF, many of the trainers past and present achievements, so they would have something to strive towards and make goals to reach. I was the first to show everyone how Ace became the newest and last female trainer to reach PL1, and How Zach was the only ST team to reach PL1 after the installation of DT. I would make smallball trivia threads that would gear towards keeping the community pumped up. After giving new trainers, information about training that should take years to figure out, many veteran trainers have privately criticized me. I only hope new players will look up to Mikey's team as a role model and not give up. I have always acted for the love of the game and the community. I am past this game for now, but as Bean said...I will be at GW's site, online poker rooms, and on the pc. My email is in my profile, and anyone that needs help can count on me always.

Jim.........the day you win (I am sure it wont be long) I'll be one of the first back here, posting my sincere congrats.
Jim
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject:

What a guy....Always a class act ...Thanks man....nuff said Applause
mikey herrada

Forum ID: 3119

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:

first off,i would like to thank everyone for the congrats Wink it was my first and who know's,maybe not my last..second,some of u guys i know thru other leagues or the devils site,and some of u i don't know at all.jim,u seem like class act and like yourself i to make mistakes with setting my lineups from time to time.nelmo and tim,don't give it another thought about the post,i know u were just defending a game we all enjoy.Third,let's play ball!!!!!
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 6752

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject:

Nothing wrong with a bit of Controversy in Simulated Sports it what bring it closer to reality

infact my Pitcher is on Steroids
Rally 66 2.0
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6148

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

mikey herrada wrote:
first off,i would like to thank everyone for the congrats Wink it was my first and who know's,maybe not my last..second,some of u guys i know thru other leagues or the devils site,and some of u i don't know at all.jim,u seem like class act and like yourself i to make mistakes with setting my lineups from time to time.nelmo and tim,don't give it another thought about the post,i know u were just defending a game we all enjoy.Third,let's play ball!!!!!
Congratsz on the PL 1 win. No offense but are in school? Or are you just a native or so.......

Rally's 12LeftyGuyz
IowaHawkeyes|Rally
Rally'sOther12LeftyGuyz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon2s
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 3806

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Rally 66 2.0 wrote:
Congratsz on the PL 1 win. No offense but are in school? Or are you just a native or so.......

What are you attempting to say?
mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Jon2s wrote:
Rally 66 2.0 wrote:

Yeah, I was trying to figure that one out too Confused
Kyle
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 326

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Native to what?

Am I the only one that is bothered by their post not being legible? I can't submit my post unless I proof read it first. Must just be my OCD.
Havana Slim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:

All's well that ends well. Thanks Nelmo, thanks Jim, I've pulled out of the spiral and stabilized. The Champ is dead, long live the Champ! Congrats!

Alacranes 9*
Rally 66 2.0
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6148

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject:

mlthmp wrote:
Jon2s wrote:
Rally 66 2.0 wrote:

Yeah, I was trying to figure that one out too Confused
Nothing. Just asking why he never put spaces or anything like that. Did it sound rude to you guys?

Rally's 12LeftyGuyz
IowaHawkeyes|Rally
Rally'sOther12LeftyGuyz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Rally 66 2.0 wrote:
Nothing. Just asking why he never put spaces or anything like that. Did it sound rude to you guys?

Why did you ask if he was a "native or so"?
Havana Slim

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
Rally 66 2.0 wrote:

Why did you ask if he was a "native or so"?

I think he was trying to ask if the guy was a foreigner, because his post was ungrammatical. I rolled on the floor laughing my butt off when I read it, because a lot of Rally's posts are incomprehensible, so it's a case of the pot and the kettle.

Don't worry about it Rally, you are still one of my favorites around here and don't be so sensitive about being p.c., it's o.k. to ask someone if they're from another country.

Alacranes 9*
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [45 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
Jump to: