SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Beginner's Forum
I want to fire a player because he is a choker!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
rikderimmer

Forum ID: 302

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: I want to fire a player because he is a choker!

I have one player, my catcher named Koos, on my team 134321 of which I am starting to hate his guts. In training his my best batter with the highest ranking in contact, medium ranking in skill and third ranked in Power. Besides that he is a quick and he throws very well but his catching is extremely poor.

In games he is choker with an average of 3.7 hitting not more than 1 HR in 10 games. Almost every ball he contacts lacks power and is directly picked up by the SS. It makes me want to kick his butt!
This is been going on for months now Evil or Very Mad

I have tried everything to motivate him:
- Put him on every position in the line up;
- Max him out in contact, power, skill (according to SCR his offense is 10*);
- Give him some rest on the bench;
- Train his other abilities like throwing, catching and running to make him more all-round;
- Bonus dependent on HR's
But nothing helped.

Do you guys (or girls) have experience with unmotivated players and have some tips on how I can get this guy on fire?
Should I consider changing his position because he is not happy with being a catcher?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject:

Do you have a player you'd like to fire? You want to replace him with a brand new rookie player? The good thing about a new rookie player is that you never know what you will get! He may develop into your best pitcher or hitter. The rookie player won't have any skills at all so you will have to train him to his fullest potential.
Click here to buy.

</SmallBall ad>

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
rikderimmer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:
Do you have a player you'd like to fire? You want to replace him with a brand new rookie player? The good thing about a new rookie player is that you never know what you will get! He may develop into your best pitcher or hitter. The rookie player won't have any skills at all so you will have to train him to his fullest potential.
Click here to buy.

</SmallBall ad>

And than pray to god, cross my fingers and hope I will actually get one.
Ok, ok firing is a bit harsh, I want him to hit HR's, because he has the potential!!!
I did not rookie any players in this team nor did I add any lefties and I want it to keep it this way...
huhytj
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6414

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

Take him out back and whip him like theres no tomorrow

I am a TsT Warrior
ukce1861
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 2720

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

rikderimmer wrote:
And than pray to god, cross my fingers and hope I will actually get one.
Ok, ok firing is a bit harsh, I want him to hit HR's, because he has the potential!!!
I did not rookie any players in this team nor did I add any lefties and I want it to keep it this way...

Firing is not harsh. I would suggest caning him with steel rods.

Seriously, one of the hardest things to accept with SmallBall is sometimes when I player can't hit, you need to stop training in offense. Sometimes when you give the guy a day or two off from offense, he'll come back and hit up a storm. And just because a batter is at the top of your sort lists, doesn't mean that he'll hit well. I've got players who can hit 0.500, but will only do that if they're near the bottom of the sort list...

Go figure. Confused

Hockey Comes Out Tomorrow! Surprised
PM jefeesdios for your password now!
rikderimmer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

huhytj wrote:
Take him out back and whip him like theres no tomorrow

Neh, he would probably take me down because I am more brains than balls
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

rookie anyone, i know the feeling
my player on my community team is a bit of a choker as well, he is high on the batlist in all skills (1 - 4), but gets maybe 1 hit per game, and usually never any RBI's

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
Robin
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 7276

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

You can't trust the sort lists. Often times they are deceptive. I have many players that are near the bottom of all the batting lists but perform well in games and vica versa. Follow your players performance in games, not the lists.

~102 ProLeague Wins~
humdrums
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6682

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Robin wrote:
You can't trust the sort lists. Often times they are deceptive. I have many players that are near the bottom of all the batting lists but perform well in games and vica versa. Follow your players performance in games, not the lists.

Yes, the lists are deceptive, but they are also correct (the ones that you get from DT and ST, not the ones like the 9* list etc). Players that are maxed in hitting usually will be poor hitters. Let them train in something else for a day or two and they should start hitting.
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 4887

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Any ticket to change your player's skill is stupid.

Train raw... no roids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wookie8662
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1233

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject:

One thing to remember about the sort lists...... *someone* has to rank last.

The sort list is players listed by skill level, not what they will accomplish.

Some players max out when they are low on the list, but retain thier skills a long time. These are usually the most consistent hitters on your team.

Some players take alot of training to max out, and they will get to the top of the lists. Sometimes even with the highest skills, they may end up batting under .300, and not even hit the ball to the wall.

You will need to study your players and determine what the best training for each player is.

rikderimmer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I am very dissapointed in the performance of my players this season and I have decided to put an example by benching this piece of rubbish and make him train his butt off. No more of this
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Beginner's Forum
Jump to: