SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Beginner's Forum
Team slump
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Errol1967
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 7677

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Team slump

My team hit many high balls, easy to catch for the other team and now they also can't hit no $#!+ Confused . This is getting frustrated. If they play against teams who didn't play for a couple a day's the play very well, but this is not the way it should be Sad . Why does my team play's in the last day's like a slump? I have 7 stars, but they play like 4. Do you people have sometimes the same problem, or is there someting not right, maybe my training is not good or someting. I had 2 players hit homeruns, but now they can't hit no ball in the last couple of day's.
Who can give me any advice, that would be a great welcome Wink

Kind regards

Errol
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1090

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject:

I don't really have that kind of problem too often. I would say that everyone has a little "slump" of their own but, all I can tell you to do is to maybe work on your contact hitting a little more. One or two training sessions working on nothing but contact for all of your players might help you. If that don't help you then maybe work on power a little more. Your 7 stars so you should have more than two players hitting homeruns. I have on team that a player hit 3 homeruns and three or four others hit 1 homerun. Also, it might be that you are playing really hard teams with really good pitching. Remember the old saying "good pitching beats good hitting."
Errol1967
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 7677

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject:

Thnx for the info man, I shall train them in contact.

Regards
epiphanic
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6173

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

koolzach1 wrote:
Remember the old saying "good pitching beats good hitting."

And vice versa. Wink

It's true that everyone goes through a little slump from time to time. If training in hitting doesn't work, maybe they're a little tired of hitting, sometimes just mixing up the training schedule shakes 'em up enough. Good luck.

Have you hugged the search button today?
nelmo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Hope lots of newcomers read the bold letters in my post, and listen to the message not the messenger. I will not have much time to come over to this forum in the near future, but post here hoping for nothing but to help a few, like I was helped when I started playing this game.

You can ask 10 ppl the same question and get 10 different answers.

The best way to learn is hear everyones opinion, but use your watching of your teams progression to make your final decisions. I personally don't agree at all with it being a contact problem, and I can say that by the first line you posted. You said you hit lots of fly balls. If you didn't have enough contact you would strike out, not hit fly balls. In fact, you have contact since your hitting the ball. Where you hit it depends on bat skill, where the skill is based on aiming the ball. And power, makes you hit it harder, so when you do hit it in the air, its not a fly ball, but a homer.
It takes time, but eventually you wont hit to many flys in a game, once you get enough power and bat skill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Beginner's Forum
Jump to: