SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 am
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
PSP
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
arod3434

Forum ID: 6999

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: PSP
Subject description: Question

Just have a question, that I've got alot of mixed answers to. Does the psp core pack come with a memory card or any form of memory to save games?
Chris 1st IX
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6958

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Well, the real question is what do you mean by core pack?

There is a giga pack which includes a very large memory stick (1GB I think).

I got a value pack which included a 32MB memory stick, big enough for game saves but not if you want to put anything else on there.

There is also the base pack, which I beleive also includes a 32MB memory stick, not sure though, hopefully someone else will confirm or deny this.

Chris.
6th IX ~ 559983 ~ 9* DT ~ PL Record: 41 wins, 13 losses ~ PL7
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MaluBro07
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 5292

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Chris 1st IX wrote:

There is a giga pack which includes a very large memory stick (1GB I think).

I got a value pack which included a 32MB memory stick, big enough for game saves but not if you want to put anything else on there.

There is also the base pack, which I beleive also includes a 32MB memory stick, not sure though, hopefully someone else will confirm or deny this.

Chris.

Base Pack comes with the 32 MB.

but i suggest you get a 512MB, thats a pretty good size for few videos and music files

as for games, best game IMO is a Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, has a great storyline and gameplay is really good, GTA : Vice City Stories just came out last week, haven't had a chance to buy it yet, but i hear its pretty good.

"XXI - When Doc say it’s a Rap, it’s a Rap, its Still Aftermath, and Aint nothing after that "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Greek Wizard
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject:

MaluBro07 wrote:
but i suggest you get a 512MB, thats a pretty good size for few videos and music files

Sorry but I have to disagree.

You need at least a 1GB stick to make it worthwhile, personally I would get a 2GB.

Myself, I have 2 PSPs with a 4GB, 2GB, 2 x 1GB and the 32MB card (which I have no idea where it is anymore) Smile

My 4GB card holds a whole season of TV shows (30 minute sitcoms) and some other stuff like music, etc.

I could jam about 16-17 one hour episodes (dramas) on the 4GB card if I have to.

the 32 is only good for game saves, but if you are getting a PSP, use it to it's full potential!

I do. Smile

if you are thinking new... get a Giga Pack, and order a HORI screen protector. before you even open the box, get the protector. Once you open the box, don't hesitate and put that screen protector on... trust me.. the $10 is a wise and needed investment.. even the cloth that comes with the PSP will scratch the screen.

I just bought 2 of these... http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-Portable-Gaming-cln-Sony/Categories

The RED[ only shows what it covers and is not really red (it's clear)

2 for $13.00 shipped to Canada (got them in like 4 days)

I have not put them on yet (it takes a little effort and time), but most people love these.

Either way protect that screen before you use it.

I can't live without my PSP, but I don't really play games on it Smile
arod3434

Forum ID: 6999

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

The one they sale for 199.99. Like this one
here:http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-PlayStation-Portable-PSP/sem/rpsm/oid/148817/catOid/-16491/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

arod3434 wrote:
Quote:

The one they sale for 199.99. Like this one
here:http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-PlayStation-Portable-PSP/sem/rpsm/oid/148817/catOid/-16491/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

the reviews suggest it does NOT come with any type of memory stick for saving.. also "what's in the box" doesn't list any type of stick.

I think it comes with some type of built in storage (small amount)

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
cardinalsfre
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6976

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

my psp came with a 32MB memory chip
yankee04
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 5943

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Greek Wizard wrote:
MaluBro07 wrote:

You need at least a 1GB stick to make it worthwhile, personally I would get a 2GB.

Myself, I have 2 PSPs with a 4GB, 2GB, 2 x 1GB and the 32MB card (which I have no idea where it is anymore) Smile

My 4GB card holds a whole season of TV shows (30 minute sitcoms) and some other stuff like music, etc.

I could jam about 16-17 one hour episodes (dramas) on the 4GB card if I have to.

the 32 is only good for game saves, but if you are getting a PSP, use it to it's full potential!

I do. Smile

if you are thinking new... get a Giga Pack, and order a HORI screen protector. before you even open the box, get the protector. Once you open the box, don't hesitate and put that screen protector on... trust me.. the $10 is a wise and needed investment.. even the cloth that comes with the PSP will scratch the screen.

I just bought 2 of these... http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-Portable-Gaming-cln-Sony/Categories

I have not put them on yet (it takes a little effort and time), but most people love these.

I have to diagree with what u said. Not everyone wants a whole season of TV shows on their psp. I do, however agree that u need one larger than 32 MB. 512 MB is good for me as i just use use it for music and all the game saves and it works fine for me. But if u want to use it to download movies and stuff, then you definitely need the 4 GB one. It depends what you use the psp for. And on a side note, I dont use the screen protector and i never screwed up my screen..... yet.
azizbatihk

Forum ID: 7334

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Greek Wizard wrote:
MaluBro07 wrote:

I do. Smile

How much is a psp in usa anyway? cause where I live if psp's were to be sold they would probably cost $800.00
569476 4* ST, 307190 5* FA
oaf
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5111

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Anyone wanna buy 50 PSP's with me and take a trip to Grenada?
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I bought a 512MB, but I generally don't save pictures or movies on there. I use it predominantly for game playing and music.

I also don't have a screen protector of any sort and have no scratches whatsoever. As long as you're careful with the thing, nothing will go wrong.

Also, I didn't even know you could get 4GB memory sticks. Maybe they're only on sale in the US...

Chris.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Greek Wizard
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject:

Chris 1st IX wrote:
Also, I didn't even know you could get 4GB memory sticks. Maybe they're only on sale in the US...

Chris.

<----------

Considering I live in Canada...

Then I say they are for sale outside the USA.

There are other reasons why a 4GB is better, but if you guys don't know, I am not going to tell you. Smile
Chris 1st IX
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:

Greek Wizard wrote:
Chris 1st IX wrote:

Chris.

<----------

Considering I live in Canada...

Then I say they are for sale outside the USA.

There are other reasons why a 4GB is better, but if you guys don't know, I am not going to tell you. Smile

Well maybe not down here in Australia then...

Chris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Jump to: