SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Fri May 17, 2024 12:43 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Bugs, Problems, Complaints, Suggestions & Compliments
Smallball Refund?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Texas
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 2983

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Smallball Refund?

I was curious as to how to get a refund by paypal from smallball for items not recieved. I ordered two lefty tickets and neither came. I dont want the lefty tickets any longer, i would just like my money back. This is the first time this has happened to me, i have checked all through my email. Junkmail ETC. I recieved the confirmation and receipt in my email but no tickets. If anyone has an idea on this please let me know.

Thanks,

Tex
joelthepizzaguy (7:15:26 PM): but i swallowed and now i'm $5 richer

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject:

send paypal an email, i have have never needed this but i have heard of many getting there money back from paypal, so you should be fine

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 71

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject:

Just filed a dispute myself. After you sign in at the Paypal home page, there will be a tab at the top of the page that says "Resolution Center". Click on that and go from there.

Proud Member of Smallball Devils
803 - 11 Great Trainers and Beaner (AcA)-(PL1)

9667 - Beauty and the 11 Beasts (AcA)-(PL1)
Retired: 5097-17690-19301 (3 PL1 Wins)
oaf
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5111

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

So is it suggested never to use the SmallBall mall anymore? Or have some people still been getting smaller tickets fast, like in the old days?

aka scouting reports, stadiums, QT's
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

oaf wrote:
So is it suggested never to use the SmallBall mall anymore? Or have some people still been getting smaller tickets fast, like in the old days?

IMO, order at your own risk. Shocked

Definitely DO NOT be a dillweed like me and order almost $200 worth. Rolling Eyes
Texas
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 2983

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

Beaner wrote:
oaf wrote:

IMO, order at your own risk. Shocked

Definitely DO NOT be a dillweed like me and order almost $200 worth. Rolling Eyes

200 bucks worth...... Thanks Beaner that kind of makes me feel better now.
joelthepizzaguy (7:15:26 PM): but i swallowed and now i'm $5 richer

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greek Wizard
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

I have decided to remove the smallball mall links from the forum.

it's obvious that Smallball is pretty well done, and their account with paypal will be shut down soon from all the refund requests IMO.
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

Yeah if they aren't even bothering to take the money we send them, how much longer can the game last?

Bummer. Confused

bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

i still seem to get all my tickets, but when i buy something, i just buy them 1 at a time, and when i get it, i go and buy the next item Smile

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
mrflanell
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 4837

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

bailey wrote:
i still seem to get all my tickets, but when i buy something, i just buy them 1 at a time, and when i get it, i go and buy the next item Smile

when i do i do it like that to bying one at the time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

bailey wrote:

What about DT's? Has anyone bought a single DT lately and got it?

bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Beaner wrote:
bailey wrote:

not sure anyone buys dt's from them anymore, i did early on, bought 4 or so, got them all, the last one, about 3 months ago,

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
Kindred
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1984

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

If people don't mind my asking, how long ago did you folks order the items you ordered that haven't arrived? The reason I ask, is because the other day (much against my better judgement, and probably for the first time in eons) I purchased a Holiday Pack. It arrived fine, instantaneously. So, I decided hell, let me have some trivia for my next tourney...and ordered two packs of 20 scouting reports (separately, so as to ensure better odds of receiving one)...and have since not received either of those packs. I have the receipts from Paypal, but no tickets. And yes, I've checked Junk Mail, but the tickets usually arrive fine right in my mailbox. I'm not blocking. So wondering if they all stopped being delivered just around that time? (Yesterday?)

I suspect that GW is right, and I think he's doing the right thing.

Btw, people....don't ever buy a DT from the SB Mall for $20. Contact me, and I will be happy to work through Beaner or a TA or something somehow...but anyone who has a RealArcade account like I do can get them for at least $15, a $5 discount. And once a month I can get one for $8 (free with the monthly RealArcade fee). (However, my best advice to you is not to bother at all...I think we all know that anything invested at this point is a stranded investment...however, if you just want $15 worth of fun outa the deal with nothing back later, then I say go ahead.)

Issued-Away wrote:
The only reason it's "original" is because any time anyone else might have thought of that, rather than acting on it they hit themselves in the head with a bat until the idea was forgotten.
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Kindred wrote:
If people don't mind my asking, how long ago did you folks order the items you ordered that haven't arrived? The reason I ask, is because the other day (much against my better judgement, and probably for the first time in eons) I purchased a Holiday Pack. It arrived fine, instantaneously. So, I decided hell, let me have some trivia for my next tourney...and ordered two packs of 20 scouting reports (separately, so as to ensure better odds of receiving one)...and have since not received either of those packs. I have the receipts from Paypal, but no tickets. And yes, I've checked Junk Mail, but the tickets usually arrive fine right in my mailbox. I'm not blocking. So wondering if they all stopped being delivered just around that time? (Yesterday?)

Btw, people....don't ever buy a DT from the SB Mall for $20. Contact me, and I will be happy to work through Beaner or a TA or something somehow...but anyone who has a RealArcade account like I do can get them for at least $15, a $5 discount. And once a month I can get one for $8 (free with the monthly RealArcade fee). (However, my best advice to you is not to bother at all...I think we all know that anything invested at this point is a stranded investment...however, if you just want $15 worth of fun outa the deal with nothing back later, then I say go ahead.)
thats funny, so you bought 2 packs of scr's, you should have waited till you got 1 b4 ordering the 2nd, anyway,

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
Kindred
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

bailey wrote:
Kindred wrote:

thats funny, so you bought 2 packs of scr's, you should have waited till you got 1 b4 ordering the 2nd, anyway,

Yes, thank you for rubbing salt in the wound. I quite realize that, based on the Holiday pack coming I was hoping for better results and was in a hurry...I was trying to prepare for a tourney at the time. Wink

Issued-Away wrote:
The only reason it's "original" is because any time anyone else might have thought of that, rather than acting on it they hit themselves in the head with a bat until the idea was forgotten.
Big Hippie
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 748

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

ask not what smallscam, i mean ball, can do for you.....
purely evil . shameful...
i cant wait to hear the latest excuse. bring it. Shocked
Tight_Wads
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 40

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Beaner wrote:
bailey wrote:

Still working fine when bought through real.com
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Tight_Wads wrote:
Beaner wrote:
bailey wrote:

Still working fine when bought through real.com
yep, real, as in real time, also works fine for, just bought one, to see, needed to get one soon anyways Exclamation

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
GCool
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5677

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Sorry to be off-topic, but bailey, you, are, the, king, of commas!!
MY mentor, MY hero

mitype2 wrote:
I'll have some Ginger ale instead. Get it Ginger? Ginger Ale???
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:

GCool wrote:
ok, that just means, that i have taken a breathe, a pause.... not sure how else to do it, as my sentaence wasnt over but i still had things to say

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
Trevor
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 4734

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject:

lol way to use commas Gcool...........keep up the good commaing Bailey Wink
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject:

Kindred wrote:

I placed my order on August 20th. On Sept. 5th I opened a Paypal dispute. So far no response from Smallball. On somewhere around Sept 20th, if it is not resolved, I will escalate the "dispute" to a full blown "claim".

For anyone wondering, when you open a "dispute", the seller has 20 days to respond and resolve the issue. Paypal does not get involved. However, once those 20 days elapse your dispute closes. You do have the option though of escalating the "dispute" to a "claim" before those 20 days pass. Once you escalate to a claim, then Paypal makes a judgement.

hferris
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3741

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

Beaner, you should escalate it immediately, they will not respond. Why wait 20 days, they didn't bother responding when I filed my claim, and no one has responded to any other issues so why give them your money for 20 more days?

It seems purely random if you get your tickts or not. When I was still training I ordered Holiday tickets and they never came, which made it easier to decide to quit training, so I tried one more order for Sabs, and they came right away. Laughing

BC Hockey Sabbatical
Lehane Sabbatical
No Good Massbags Sabbatical
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject:

hferris wrote:
Beaner, you should escalate it immediately, they will not respond. Why wait 20 days, they didn't bother responding when I filed my claim, and no one has responded to any other issues so why give them your money for 20 more days?

It seems purely random if you get your tickts or not. When I was still training I ordered Holiday tickets and they never came, which made it easier to decide to quit training, so I tried one more order for Sabs, and they came right away. Laughing

That's good info to have hferris. Thank you.

Last edited by Beaner on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I have now escalated from a "dispute" to a "claim".

Order from the mall at your own risk people! Shocked

Kindred
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I have taken the time to do the proper process and emailed all three addresses to Smallball and commish about this. I'll give it another day or so, then I'll file a dispute with Paypal as well. I'll quickly escalate that to a claim though so as not to waste time.

Issued-Away wrote:
LCD
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 45

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

7 and half months later and still havent received tickets from my 700 packs.

filed a claim but paypal says claims need to be filed 45 days from original transaction and by that time it was long past.

and as for DT tickets. i still receive a monthly one from real since my original subscription is renewed yearly as to a further discount and will til next April Rolling Eyes . IF you need a DT ticket contact me I got several ill sell for $13.
GCool
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5677

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

bailey wrote:
GCool wrote:
ok, that just means, that i have taken a breathe, a pause.... not sure how else to do it, as my sentaence wasnt over but i still had things to say

May I suggest the semicolon? It's a rarely used punctuation mark that I like using; it's almost like using a conjunction in a compound sentence, only more efficient!
MY mentor, MY hero

mitype2 wrote:
I'll have some Ginger ale instead. Get it Ginger? Ginger Ale???
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject:

GCool wrote:
bailey wrote:
GCool wrote:

May I suggest the semicolon? It's a rarely used punctuation mark that I like using; it's almost like using a conjunction in a compound sentence, only more efficient!

Reminds me of the Dilbert comic, where they shipped out keyboards without a "Q" key (oddly enough it was called the "Quality Program".) Wally, in the last panel, says: "We could just get rid of the semi-colon; no one ever uses that".

Sigh, good times.
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

GCool wrote:
bailey wrote:
GCool wrote:

ok; but that takes longer; to do that, sry, withdrawal Surprised

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
jimmygfat
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1784

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

After reading this post, I really believe that Smallball is going to die. It's a real shame, you think someone could buy this game and keep it alive. One last time for the Guitar Heroes 67741, R.O.T.O.R. 403057, Eskimo Spies 405500, Kung-Fu Grip 109389, The Strangers 181111 and Fight Style 194250.
LASTā€¦ I agree with Oprah. The opposite of Love is not Hateā€¦OH YE COMMISH!!! It is APATHY!!!!
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 5765

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject:

Chippy wrote:
GCool wrote:
bailey wrote:
GCool wrote:

Reminds me of the Dilbert comic, where they shipped out keyboards without a "Q" key (oddly enough it was called the "Quality Program".) Wally, in the last panel, says: "We could just get rid of the semi-colon; no one ever uses that".

Sigh, good times.

I remember those. They finally send out the boss to apologize, right?

"We are sorry. We're moron. We're dumber than squirrels, we have voices in our head that tell use what to do. I have broccoli in my socks."

"Nice writing."

Laughing
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

jimmygfat wrote:
After reading this post, I really believe that Smallball is going to die. It's a real shame, you think someone could buy this game and keep it alive. One last time for the Guitar Heroes 67741, R.O.T.O.R. 403057, Eskimo Spies 405500, Kung-Fu Grip 109389, The Strangers 181111 and Fight Style 194250.
LASTā€¦ I agree with Oprah. The opposite of Love is not Hateā€¦OH YE COMMISH!!! It is APATHY!!!!

With the complete lack of customer service, I really am baffled by the fact that the game is still running. I keep telling myself that maybe it's because they are trying to maybe find someone to take it over.

Good to see you around jimmyg.

TThomp
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 146

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't you love to know what the profit to cost ratio is for SmallBall?
I know I would. It would be interesting to take over SmallBall. I imagine it wouldn't be cheap. I think this could still be a money maker with the right group of people willing to manage it.
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 1922

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

TThomp wrote:
I know I would. It would be interesting to take over SmallBall. I imagine it wouldn't be cheap. I think this could still be a money maker with the right group of people willing to manage it.

It's already off the ground so it is definetely a profit... the potential for this game is incredible because think of all the baseball fans in the United States, then all the international fans of soccer, etc... it's too bad that the state of the game is completely unknown.

102450Ā¦105235Ā¦1141Ā¦889Ā¦9669Ā¦55345Ā¦787

So many chances in life but only one at life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Money wrote:
TThomp wrote:

It's already off the ground so it is definetely a profit... the potential for this game is incredible because think of all the baseball fans in the United States, then all the international fans of soccer, etc... it's too bad that the state of the game is completely unknown.
however, furthermore to that, maybe if the tp was around 2-3 days to fill, some people wouldnt quit, it is extremely hard to kep up with it

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
TThomp
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Money wrote:
TThomp wrote:

I agree that it has to be still making a profit or it would have been shut down long ago. Look at how it has been self sustaining. SmallBall almost seems to be taking care of itself. I agree about the potential too. With some support, getting tickets out when a sale has been made etc.. the profit could be so much better. It would make a good investment.
Maybe Commish would consider unloading it so he could persue whatever he is involved in now.
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

There is more too it.

You would need to be a programmer to run it

And I can't see him selling the source code.
TThomp
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Greek Wizard wrote:
There is more too it.

Good point. I had thought about the need for a good programmer. I know just enough about programming to know I'm not good enough to take on something like this.
I hadn't thought about Commish selling the source code though. Without that it would be an uphill climb for sure. I do know some very good programmers, but I don't know if they would be willing to take on a project like this. It would be a full time job. I would think it would take a team effort of people who have the skills needed. Also, lawyers, CPA's and the list goes on.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

For the record, I had my disputes registered for a few days now, and have now escalate them with Paypal to formal claims (complaints). We'll see how long it takes to get my money back, I don't think it will take Paypal long to make that ruling considering that the email the SB account has on file with them is "commish@smallball.org" which bounces all email due to a full mailbox.

Issued-Away wrote:
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject:

Kindred wrote:
For the record, I had my disputes registered for a few days now, and have now escalate them with Paypal to formal claims (complaints). We'll see how long it takes to get my money back, I don't think it will take Paypal long to make that ruling considering that the email the SB account has on file with them is "commish@smallball.org" which bounces all email due to a full mailbox.

Yesterday (Sunday) marked 10 days since I escalated to a claim. SB did not respond, so Paypal ruled in my favor and I got my money back. Wink

So for you, I'm guessing it will be 10 days from the time of your claim as well.

Kindred
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject:

Beaner wrote:
Kindred wrote:

Yesterday (Sunday) marked 10 days since I escalated to a claim. SB did not respond, so Paypal ruled in my favor and I got my $193 back. Wink

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you...wish it didn't have to come to this though. I expect that I'll probably be getting my money back around September 25. (One week from now.) I'm personally amazed they haven't cancelled SB's account on Paypal yet.

Issued-Away wrote:
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject:

surely paypal can see that a lot of people are getting there tickets, and a few are not, so they too must be wondering what is up

i still, have never, ever, had a problem buying tickets Surprised

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
dtown
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5009

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject:

I won my claim yesterday, didn't take long at all. As far as SB's paypal getting shutdown goes.. I am betting there is a huge balance because the money has not been withdrawn. If that is the the case I guess they will either force the balance to his bank account or send him a check.
Maybe once the account is empty they will close it, I dunno.
TThomp
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Glad to hear you guys are getting your money back. It's a shame it had to come down to filing claims though.
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

The game cannot survive without some kind of management. It may still be working, but when money is spent, and someone is charging for something, they have to be held accountable. Paypal is great, and have been carrying the ball with collections. I won a claim not to long ago also.

Sad thing to happen to this game Crying or Very sad
Scud42

Forum ID: 6137

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject:

I would definitely be interested in seeing what happens to SmallBall over the next few months. I also see huge potential for this game, if it ever became well known. I in fact only stumbled upon it by accident.

I work with a team of programmers doing work in many different languages for the US Gov. I think if Commish was ever interested in selling the game, he would have a few interested parties, myself included.

Also, I have started a thread to start keeping track of the issues people have had with the mall. Could you all please post what you have lost, so we can keep track? Thanks!
http://www.forums.smallball.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=517297#517297

TThomp wrote:
Greek Wizard wrote:
There is more too it.

Good point. I had thought about the need for a good programmer. I know just enough about programming to know I'm not good enough to take on something like this.
I hadn't thought about Commish selling the source code though. Without that it would be an uphill climb for sure. I do know some very good programmers, but I don't know if they would be willing to take on a project like this. It would be a full time job. I would think it would take a team effort of people who have the skills needed. Also, lawyers, CPA's and the list goes on.

Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Kindred wrote:
Beaner wrote:
Kindred wrote:

Yesterday (Sunday) marked 10 days since I escalated to a claim. SB did not respond, so Paypal ruled in my favor and I got my $193 back. Wink

I'm glad to hear it worked out for you...wish it didn't have to come to this though. I expect that I'll probably be getting my money back around September 25. (One week from now.) I'm personally amazed they haven't cancelled SB's account on Paypal yet.

Both of my claims were ruled in my favor today and I am being given my money back.

Issued-Away wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [48 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Bugs, Problems, Complaints, Suggestions & Compliments
Jump to: