SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 am
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Football (Soccer) Forums » Football (Soccer) 101
drive zone
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
jayie
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 2792

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: drive zone

how many players do you train in the drive zone at any one time? there are two slots, but do you add a third player to develop dribble and intercept skills also or do you train them seperately?
ALT
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 5765

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes I just throw my forwards and defenders in at the same time. The forwards develop drive and the defenders develop interception.
Guru
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 6766

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

My suggestion is to limit it to just the 2 players to drive. If you want someone to gain Interception skill, well there's a zone for that. The only time I can think of putting more than 2 is if I have more than 2 players that I want to gain Run skill, Drive skill, Dribbling skill, and Interception skill at minimal gains. Which is usually never.

FB - 976, 984, 66666, 112191, 127137, 159629, 187262, 209476, 266000, 278278
paphillyman
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 5435

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

So if you have started a team , and found your goalies , maxed in run and reaction , is it a good idea to put your guys in the drive zone , to see who picks up interception skills and who picks up driving skills to determine your defenders and forwads ?
Guru
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 6766

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:

paphillyman wrote:
So if you have started a team , and found your goalies , maxed in run and reaction , is it a good idea to put your guys in the drive zone , to see who picks up interception skills and who picks up driving skills to determine your defenders and forwads ?

It's good to know who tops out in what skills. With a new team I always train each player [except goalies after they are found] in every skill until they all max [if I'm doing interception I'll ignore all other skills and only train that until they max]. By doing this, not only will you know who is good at what and what position they should play, but you'll also have a decently developed team that's ready for superiority.

FB - 976, 984, 66666, 112191, 127137, 159629, 187262, 209476, 266000, 278278
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Football (Soccer) Forums » Football (Soccer) 101
Jump to: