SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Football (Soccer) Forums » Football (Soccer) 101
Soccer Wins
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
jjffer
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 6706

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Soccer Wins
Subject description: Beating a weak team over & over

Well, what I was wondering about was, is it ok to pick on a weak team to beat over and over? Like, I'm 3 and he's 2. I'm doing it to build up my wins. Is there a rule about that or is it ok to do that? Thanks.
timotheos
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 49

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Theres nlo rule against it, you could go around beating 1* teams with a 9*, but it wouldnt do you any good, you'll have bad Honor and low knowledge of how good your team actually is.

Honor rating: A numerical value that indicates the average star rating of a team\'s opponents.

Check out this to find out how honor is calculated: http://smallball.info/content/view/67/36/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject:

however, yopu should consider what you would think if someone played you 50 times in a season and beat you in 47 of those occassions, i am sure there are other teams you could play, maybe check the listof 2* teams, and play a little league against all of the teams, you may get 18 out of 20 wins, but it would be against 20different teams,

all teh best

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
jjffer
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I was just thinking that the team that I'm beating all the time might not like it. May feel that I'm a bully. What do you think?
Rally 66 2.0
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6148

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible to have an unlimited honor because I saw 1 of SBKs team and they were 10.4. Shocked

Rally's 12LeftyGuyz
IowaHawkeyes|Rally
Rally'sOther12LeftyGuyz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

jjffer wrote:
I was just thinking that the team that I'm beating all the time might not like it. May feel that I'm a bully. What do you think?
post a link, so that we can see how many games, etc..

bully, lol Wink

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
NotALady
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1881

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Rally 66 2.0 wrote:
Is it possible to have an unlimited honor because I saw 1 of SBKs team and they were 10.4. Shocked

G = Big League games that you initiated and won
S = the sum of all the teams' stars from the games you initiated and won.
Honor Rating = S/G+0.5

So if S is 90 (9* x 10 teams) and games is 10....90 / 10 = 9.0 + .5 = 9.5

In baseball, 10* teams, you can have 10.5 according to the mathematics.
Rally 66 2.0
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

NotALady wrote:
Rally 66 2.0 wrote:

G = Big League games that you initiated and won
S = the sum of all the teams' stars from the games you initiated and won.
Honor Rating = S/G+0.5

So if S is 90 (9* x 10 teams) and games is 10....90 / 10 = 9.0 + .5 = 9.5

In baseball, 10* teams, you can have 10.5 according to the mathematics.

Thank you. Razz Wink

Rally's 12LeftyGuyz
IowaHawkeyes|Rally
Rally'sOther12LeftyGuyz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

10.4 is the highest you can get right now... until someone has more skill then the Illiad then 10.4 will remain.

you shouldn't really be posting about a baseball thing in the soccer forums.. (yes it was in regards to baseball because the highest honor rating in footy right now is 9.0)

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
Rally 66 2.0
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:
10.4 is the highest you can get right now... until someone has more skill then the Illiad then 10.4 will remain.

you shouldn't really be posting about a baseball thing in the soccer forums.. (yes it was in regards to baseball because the highest honor rating in footy right now is 9.0)

I saw soccer wins at first but when I saw honor it was like a baseball just hit me in the face.(baseball hits Ral Wink j/p)I and I all of a sudden thought of the honor rating in baseball.

Rally's 12LeftyGuyz
IowaHawkeyes|Rally
Rally'sOther12LeftyGuyz
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:

jjffer wrote:

That's a possibility. I had someone that did that to me when I started in baseball and he made me stick around until I could beat him and I did...over and over and over again. However, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is just a game, after all is said and done.

But if you want to get better, you should be playing teams that are better than you and can beat you so that you know how to get better. You won't learn anything by beating teams....you'll learn everything from being beat.
redbirds33
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6201

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

If you're a 3* team, play teams on the 3* list. When you make it to 4*, play teams on the 4* list. It's a pretty simple method, but anything else doesn't make much sence. If you don't, you'll just beat up on lower teams, and rarely beat higher teams.
jjffer
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
jjffer wrote:

That's a possibility. I had someone that did that to me when I started in baseball and he made me stick around until I could beat him and I did...over and over and over again. However, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is just a game, after all is said and done.

But if you want to get better, you should be playing teams that are better than you and can beat you so that you know how to get better. You won't learn anything by beating teams....you'll learn everything from being beat.

You make a good point. One other note, in a league, how does one end up in first place? Is it a combination of things? I have the most wins in my league and yet I'm not in first.
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

jjffer wrote:
solipsta wrote:
jjffer wrote:

You make a good point. One other note, in a league, how does one end up in first place? Is it a combination of things? I have the most wins in my league and yet I'm not in first.

if you mean the Big Leauge.. that doesn't mean anything.

Pro League 1, 2, 3 etc are the ones that count... but solipista is the only winner each season.................. i mean PL1 is the only winner each season

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
oaf
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5111

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:
jjffer wrote:
solipsta wrote:
jjffer wrote:

if you mean the Big Leauge.. that doesn't mean anything.

Pro League 1, 2, 3 etc are the ones that count... but solipista is the only winner each season.................. i mean PL1 is the only winner each season

And if you mean the Leagues of Stars, that has nothing to do with wins or losses. All it means is: the higher you are on the list, the more skilled your team is.
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 2792

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

jjffer wrote:

i wouldn't say you were a bully, maybe a bit impertinent though. where i come from that's more commonly referred to as "bold", which is interesting given your choice of font styles!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Football (Soccer) Forums » Football (Soccer) 101
Jump to: