SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 am
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Football (Soccer) Forums » Football (Soccer) 101
Normal?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6405

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Normal?
Subject description: goalie

I have been "finding my goalie"
I havent moved in star rating at all and it's been a week, and I am still getting +2, +3's. Is this typical? I started maxing in goalie skill first. I was advised otherwise but I already had two days invested.

Last edited by bigdogv65 on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guru
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 6766

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Yes, this is normal. It will take some time to find your true goalie, but it is worth it in the end. Once you start seeing +1 gains, you'll know that you are close to maxing that certain player.

FB - 976, 984, 66666, 112191, 127137, 159629, 187262, 209476, 266000, 278278
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Thats what I figured. I'm going to get smoked in the UL but in the long run... who knows?
I am enjoying footy though. I never would have thought I would like it as much as I do.
Money
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 1922

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

The process takes 30+ days to do it 100% completely.

102450¦105235¦1141¦889¦9669¦55345¦787

So many chances in life but only one at life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cliff

Forum ID: -1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Also, just like pitching in baseball, keeping skills only count for the keeper. so all that applies to star level is the run and reaction you get.

I like to start with run with a new team, they move SO SLOW, I think run speeds up the training and always helps everything else. If you really want to gain stars faster alternate the circle and drive zone but I really don't recommend it.
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Thats brutal.
Black_Magic

Forum ID: 4395

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry Bigdog...I'm doing the same thing you are. I didnt know it would take this long either. So we can both get smoked in the UL together. But hey, maybe we can both team up and get some revenge sooner or later Wink
breakboy forever
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6341

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Black_Magic wrote:
Don't worry Bigdog...I'm doing the same thing you are. I didnt know it would take this long either. So we can both get smoked in the UL together. But hey, maybe we can both team up and get some revenge sooner or later Wink

hehe... dont forget about me! im finding my goalie also. im training in run and reaction right now. later when all of them are maxed in it... i will start training in goalie skill!

TF Very Happy
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 6766

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry, you will be glad you've taken then time to do this. In all honesty, it might take about 3-4 months, including finding goalies, until your team is very well rounded, enough to compete with PL2 teams. A lot of the times, people will get tired of losing and just give up before that, but enough dedication can lead to a much greater reward.

FB - 976, 984, 66666, 112191, 127137, 159629, 187262, 209476, 266000, 278278
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Cliff wrote:
Also, just like pitching in baseball, keeping skills only count for the keeper. so all that applies to star level is the run and reaction you get.

I like to start with run with a new team, they move SO SLOW, I think run speeds up the training and always helps everything else. If you really want to gain stars faster alternate the circle and drive zone but I really don't recommend it.

At this point stars really dont matter to me.
since you say there is no time limit to get these teams to where they need to be. I guess I'm a competitor and getting owned in the UL is something I'll have to get passed.
I did play Jon earlier. He only scored two on me but his team was so much faster, dribbled better, passed better, ...... haha. I am glad I'm getting this out of the way.
Thanks to the rest that replied. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Cliff

Forum ID: -1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Guru wrote:
Don't worry, you will be glad you've taken then time to do this. In all honesty, it might take about 3-4 months, including finding goalies, until your team is very well rounded, enough to compete with PL2 teams. A lot of the times, people will get tired of losing and just give up before that, but enough dedication can lead to a much greater reward.

This is so true. You can still have a lot of fun training and playing, and you'll be much better off for taking the time now. Stars are much harder to get in footy, and Master Moody won 1st PL with more than one 7* team, so anything is possible. The ULs are just for fun though there is a prize, I'm sure I'll keep them going and have more prizes in the future.
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject:

This will be pretty cool.
I will actually be able to see my progress as the seasons grow playing the same teams. When I start kicking some butt I'll know I'm on my way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Football (Soccer) Forums » Football (Soccer) 101
Jump to: