SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Mon May 13, 2024 1:36 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Listen to this!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic

Forum ID: -1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Listen to this!!!

My name is Antonio Robinson and I am one of the best Running Backs and Cornerbacks in the nation. I want Smallball Users to be the first to know where I am committing to. I am committing to.........LSU. It's closer to home and I like coach Saban. And I love smallball. Thanks for giving me a chance to play this game.

P.S. I might change my mind quickly.
Old Married Dude
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 46

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject:

http://lsu.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=26474

ANTONIO ROBINSON, WINNFIELD

Position: Running Back.

Height/Weight: 6-2, 195.

Birthday: Dec. 28, 1986.

The Past: In his first year as a full-time offensive starter, Antonio split carries last season with all-district fullback Jarvis Edwards. And he still rushed for 1,626 yards, leading Winnfield to a 10-2 finish. Most of his 18 rushing touchdowns had one thing in common: They almost always looked effortless. With long legs and a graceful stride, Antonio plays the game as though his opponents are frozen.

THE FUTURE: Ricky Chatman, a linebacker at LSU in the early 1980s, has a collection of old helmets and game jerseys positioned prominently in his Baton Rouge home. His nephew was always fascinated by those things. He always wanted to wear the purple and gold. Little wonder, then, he made a commitment to LSU coach Nick Saban just days after Saban offered Antonio a scholarship. Six months before the start of his senior season, the Winnfield star had already solidified his future. He was going to follow in Uncle Ricky's footsteps.

NICKNAME: "'A-Rob' or 'Tony.'"

FAVORITE FOOD: "Gumbo."

FAVORITE ATHLETE: "Michael Jordan."

WHY NO. 14? "I used to be No. 10. I had to get 14 when I got to varsity."

FAVORITE CLASS: "American History."

FAVORITE TEACHER: "All of them."

FAVORITE HOBBY: "Just hangin' out."

FAVORITE VIDEO GAME: "NCAA Football 2005."

PS2 OR X-BOX? "X-Box."

FYI: Antonio is listed as the nation's No. 75 overall prospect, and No. 4 all-purpose running back, by rivals.com. Insiders.com recognizes him as the No. 3 prospect in the state, behind East St. John quarterback Ryan Perrilloux and St. Augustine defensive tackle Alfred Jones.

COACHSPEAK: "His work ethic is unquestionable. Ever since he's been here, he's been a team player, more concerned with the team's success than any individual stuff. You ask him to turn and block, he'll turn and block. He's just a very coachable kid." - Joey Pender, Winnfield coach

Last edited by Old Married Dude on Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Garthug
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3400

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject:

Dont change your mind, stay close to home. The more opportunities you get for home cooking, the better!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ERG
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 361

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject:

Hey man! Nice to see someone with a liking for smallball succeed in life! LOL...

Most of us just have to much time on our hands but it's nice to see a change... Good Luck at LSU!
nmshooter
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Listen to this!!!

B-Dizzle wrote:
My name is Antonio Robinson and I am one of the best Running Backs and Cornerbacks in the nation. I want Smallball Users to be the first to know where I am committing to. I am committing to.........LSU. It's closer to home and I like coach Saban. And I love smallball. Thanks for giving me a chance to play this game.

P.S. I might change my mind quickly.
What teams are yours? I will have to play them. Its not everyday I get to say I schooled one of the best running backs and Cornerbacks in the nation.

Ps.......when I was in high school, I couldve been one of the best running backs and Cornerbacks in the nation........if it wasnt for that little fat and speed problem.

Best of luck to ya. Remember us little people when you are rich and famous.
Money
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 1922

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject:

Wut up B, best of luck with college and etc.

102450¦105235¦1141¦889¦9669¦55345¦787

So many chances in life but only one at life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smirk
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5198

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject:

good luck dude
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Of course I'm a bit skeptical, as we've had a user or two claim to be someone famous previously and in truth be a fraud.

But that aside, good luck with your career in the future!
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer

Forum ID: 2676

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject:

hi nice to meet you, im brett favre
Ross
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1809

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Chippy wrote:
Of course I'm a bit skeptical, as we've had a user or two claim to be someone famous previously and in truth be a fraud.

I have to agree. Kind of early to be posting this, and usually the football team lifts in the early morning, and if you have such a good work ethic....shouldnt you be with your team? I dont understand why a guy would go on a baseball game's forum and toot his own horn.
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Ross wrote:
Chippy wrote:

I have to agree. Kind of early to be posting this, and usually the football team lifts in the early morning, and if you have such a good work ethic....shouldnt you be with your team? I dont understand why a guy would go on a baseball game's forum and toot his own horn.

Anyone saying they're a well known or semi well known person has to make you wonder. The fact that he also said "and I am one of the best Running Backs and Cornerbacks in the nation." and "P.S. I might change my mind quickly." also raise some red flags.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Come on now guys...Lets not be too cautious. If he's a fake, he's a fake, but let's not spoil his welcome.

WELCOME TO SMALLBALL!
BTW, It's not that hard to access a computer in the morning, did you take into account that it might be earlier were he lives?

If he's a fake...so what?
bth11
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer

Forum ID: 2676

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject:

i think he's a real
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject:

ERG wrote:
Come on now guys...Lets not be too cautious. If he's a fake, he's a fake, but let's not spoil his welcome.

WELCOME TO SMALLBALL!
BTW, It's not that hard to access a computer in the morning, did you take into account that it might be earlier were he lives?

If he's a fake, then he's lost any trust/respect I could ever have for him as long as he plays SmallBall.

If not, then I welcome him into SmallBall.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject:

ERG wrote:

WELCOME TO SMALLBALL!

i can tell i'm not going to like you at all ERG. why would i be lying? i don't have to prove anything to yall so why lie? well you'll see me getting a college degree and probably going to the pros and you will be sit on yo back at home ERG.

PS: YOU KIND OF NAME IS ERG? Rolling Eyes
Gamer
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 37

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject:

B-Dizzle wrote:
ERG wrote:

WELCOME TO SMALLBALL!

i can tell i'm not going to like you at all ERG. why would i be lying? i don't have to prove anything to yall so why lie? well you'll see me getting a college degree and probably going to the pros and you will be sit on yo back at home ERG.

Ummmmmmmm..... you shouldn't be mad at ERG.... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I'm POSITIVE he's lying now...or else he's just a real addlepate. I'm leaning towards "piece of crap who lies" though.

Why would you lie about that? I don't know really. Maybe you just really need a lot of attention, and you don't get enough in the real world. Maybe you think the only way people will talk to you is if you pretend to be someone who excels in athletics and is well-known. The reasons are endless, although they all seem pretty pointless in my mind. I guess you're the only one that knows for sure, eh?
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5019

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Gamer wrote:
B-Dizzle wrote:
ERG wrote:

WELCOME TO SMALLBALL!

Ummmmmmmm..... you shouldn't be mad at ERG.... Confused

Yeah, ERG got yo back, u should be mad at others...cough*ross*cough

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Chippy wrote:
Ok, I'm POSITIVE he's lying now...or else he's just a real addlepate. I'm leaning towards "piece of crap who lies" though.

Why would you lie about that? I don't know really. Maybe you just really need a lot of attention, and you don't get enough in the real world. Maybe you think the only way people will talk to you is if you pretend to be someone who excels in athletics and is well-known. The reasons are endless, although they all seem pretty pointless in my mind. I guess you're the only one that knows for sure, eh?

really don't care!!! Laughing
The Hurricane617

Forum ID: 3813

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Welcome and good luck in your carrer.
Ross
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject:

B-Dizzle wrote:
Chippy wrote:

really don't care!!! Laughing

Actually, you must care what people think of you or you wouldnt post about how good of a football player you are. You need that recognition, and when someone doesnt give it to you...it should make you mad.

Erg, I am a proud person. I will not be fooled into believing someone when I have no reason to. He hasnt earned any respect or trust in my book, so why would I go and believe what he says in his first post? I am one of those people that thinks trust and respect and is just not handed out on a silver platter.
Blazer
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 977

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Yeah like that ECY dude was all of a sudden Canibal. He was a man. The Next day he was a chick. Then the next day, he was a 13 year-old who could pitch 97 MPH. Hmmmmm. I know a fake when I see one. I think I see one. I'm pretty sure some NCAA football player wouldn't have so much grammatical errors. What was the P.S. thing he said to ERG? You kinda name is ERG? I'm pretty sure he's an 8 year old child.
Is my point proven yet?
One more thing, What kind of NCAA player's name would be B-Dizzle? Confused Rolling Eyes
554777 2* ST
552987 6* ST
554900 2* ST
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
one mile high
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 4988

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Whether or not this is him posting. This says everything to me about Antonio Robinson:

COACHSPEAK: "His work ethic is unquestionable. Ever since he's been here, he's been a team player, more concerned with the team's success than any individual stuff. You ask him to turn and block, he'll turn and block. He's just a very coachable kid." - Joey Pender, Winnfield coach

OMH

Greek Wizard wrote:
You guys that think that obviously have no idea how things work.
DetroitSquirrel
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 4801

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Hello-
My name is Barry Sanders and I want you all to know that since the Lions have now won a few games on the road and have Mooch, I want SmallBall to know that I will be coming outta retirement to help them get to the SuperBowl next year which will be held in the beautiful 'Ford Field' in downtown Detroit, I will not be wearing my usual #20, I will have to wear #1 cuz after all thats what I am... nuff said, see you on Sunday.

Sincerly,
Barry Sanders (no, really its been me all the time)
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 4988

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: LOL

Well Barry, great to have you. Your dad, is your relationship still strong as ever?

OMH
cadetduke
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 2086

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject:

I'm a Peanut Butter and Jelly "Sammich" Sad

Team(s) ID?
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject:

Blazer wrote:
I'm pretty sure some NCAA football player wouldn't have so much grammatical errors.

LOL, I bet most of them would have this kind of grammatical prowess!

BTW, all: I'm really Martha Stewart. Cool
Tim's Dodgers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
Blazer wrote:
I'm pretty sure some NCAA football player wouldn't have so much grammatical errors.

They give you jail birds too much access to computers! What a waste of my tax dollars. Laughing

Tim...

Christmas Eve '01 (AcA) (2nd)
Tim's Dodgers (AcA) (3rd)
The Keys (AcA) (4th)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Garbadge Man
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 136

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject:

Jail birds on computers... It's a good thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject:

Tim's Dodgers wrote:
solipsta wrote:
Blazer wrote:

They give you jail birds too much access to computers! What a waste of my tax dollars. Laughing

Tim...

Hey, when you can make the break room as pretty as I did, they'll give you anything. Oh, and prison guards love stock tips. Go figure.
DidleySquat
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 2468

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject:

cadetduke wrote:
I'm a Peanut Butter and Jelly "Sammich" Sad

Team(s) ID?

You made me do this! Laughing

IT'S PEAUNT BUTTER JELLY TIME!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolf
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 233

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject:

DidleySquat wrote:

You made me do this! Laughing

IT'S PEAUNT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

ROTFLMAO Oh god Breathe, have heard that in a logn time Thanks Dids. Laughing
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Hey B,

Tell me who the recruiting coordinator is at LSU and who is the Saban's secretary in the front office? What is above the door that leads from the locker room to the stadium and what does it say? Answer some of these questions and I can legitimize you.

Thanks,
C_J

LSU alum and football letterman.

I hope its true! LSU is a great place to get an education and play ball.
Doomchild
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 392

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject:

C_J wrote:
Hey B,

Tell me who the recruiting coordinator is at LSU and who is the Saban's secretary in the front office? What is above the door that leads from the locker room to the stadium and what does it say? Answer some of these questions and I can legitimize you.

Thanks,
C_J

LSU alum and football letterman.

I hope its true! LSU is a great place to get an education and play ball.

Could a serious ownage be coming on? I'm curious to see now Laughing

Ross
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject:

No...he'll run and hide....

See now point at first was that you dont see good athletes running around on game boards saying how good they are or were. C_J obviously was a good football player, and he only said it to prove a point. See the difference?
ERG
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Haha...My apologies to Chippy and Ross...
This guy is retarded...

I take his back and he freaks out. He obviously can't read either. Shocked
Issued-Away
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1676

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Ross wrote:
No...he'll run and hide....

See now point at first was that you dont see good athletes running around on game boards saying how good they are or were. C_J obviously was a good football player, and he only said it to prove a point. See the difference?

This guy could be all braun and no brains. I actually kind of hope that he is who he says he is just to prove you wrong, Ross. I don't believe him much myself, but that's no reason to jump down his throat and tell everyone he's lying. Innocent until proven guilty, Football Player until proven phony, etc..

OSBC wrote:
SFGiantsMVP_ : IA is just a punk
SFGiantsMVP_ : it's guys like him why people quit too
Issued-Away : And it's comments like those that keep me around this game.
Ross
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject:

He was proven guilty once he jumped online and made his first post on these forums.
Slip'N'Sliders
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 2483

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject:

If you're real. GO TO ALABAMA!

3249 Chatt. Tide Pride|1930 (RIP) Joga Bonito(FB)|1930 -XsT- |770 Redd Dog Wrestling
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
OaklandA'sFan
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 952

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject:

bth11 wrote:
hi nice to meet you, im brett favre

No no, you're just an idiot.
Who cares what it's about as long as the kids go?
Not now John
Got to get on with the show
ERG
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Had to bump this post just so I could laugh:

http://www.topix.net/forum/city/lafayette-la/TBT0I0U8TMVTMN5C2
rikderimmer

Forum ID: 302

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

It has been a while since I have read something as funny as that here on the forums!!!!
hferris
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3741

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I think he is for real.

BC Hockey Sabbatical
Lehane Sabbatical
No Good Massbags Sabbatical
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [43 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Jump to: