SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 4:28 am
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
USC/UCLA (spoilers)
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
pizzaguy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 4887

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: USC/UCLA (spoilers)

Well, this game is actually a game.

Watch it now! ABC!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pizzaguy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

YEAH BOY!!!

UCLA - 13
USC - 9

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OSU/MICH!?!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject:

I have to admit, I kinda saw this one coming.. something told me UCLA would really be pumped up and may take USC out.

as far as OSU/MICH goes.. if that happens it'd be the best thing in the world for people pushing for a playoff..

Michigan had their shot.. now its time to give Florida theirs.

When I sit down and think about it.. the thought f a team being handed a rematch without earning it (like would happen via playoff) makes me sick.

Michigan had their chance, and lost it.. Had Michigan won, how much do you want to bet Michigan and their fans would be pushing for someone other than OSU saying a rematch is unfair? lol
ERG
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 361

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

This is kind of a win/win for me, and OSU fans in general...

Let's see-- If we play Florida, we can finally prove that no matter how even all the teams are in the SEC, it doesn't mean that they are all THAT good. Wink

BUT, if we rematch Michigan, we can finally prove to them that whether it's in our house, or some desert, we WILL win. Wink

In all seriousness though, WE NEED A PLAY-OFF!
koolzach1
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1090

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

I for one believe it should be Florida 'cause yes Michigan had their chance and couldn't quite pull it off even though they almost won at OHST which is one of the toughest places to play! I think that Florida could actually challenge OHST at least a little if they play their Football.
azizbatihk

Forum ID: 7334

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:

I can't believe USC lost my face looked just like Pete Carroll's face
569476 4* ST, 307190 5* FA
pizzaguy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Michigan... lost to #1 OSU... @ OSU by 3 points
Florida... lost to #11 Auburn @ Auburn by 10 points

Hmmm...
Georgy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5019

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

pizzaguy wrote:

Hmmm...

Michigan tacked on a late touchdown that didn't matter, and Auburn got a cheap score at the end when Florida was lateraling it everywhere trying to score.

This is why voting is stupid. Voters need to WATCH THE GAMES AND NOT JUDGE BASED OFF SCORES.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Georgy wrote:
pizzaguy wrote:

Hmmm...

Michigan tacked on a late touchdown that didn't matter, and Auburn got a cheap score at the end when Florida was lateraling it everywhere trying to score.

This is why voting is stupid. Voters need to WATCH THE GAMES AND NOT JUDGE BASED OFF SCORES.

I watched enough yesterday to see Florida is undeserving of a #2. Arkansas screwed up on routine stuff more than once.
mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject:

G is correct.. the game against auburn wasn't anywhere near as bad as the score showed..

Auburn got a late TD after the fact to make the score look better.. plus, in addition to that AU had another TD off a blocked punt returned.. Florida outplayed AU and really should have won.

With that said.. I wouldnt be taking anyone very lightly if I were Michigan because they're heading for a possible loss in the BCS anyway.. face it, we already KNOW what Michigan can do against Ohio State.. now its time to let someone else have a shot.
bowlerdude7733
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1516

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject:

pizzaguy wrote:
Georgy wrote:
pizzaguy wrote:

Hmmm...

I watched enough yesterday to see Florida is undeserving of a #2. Arkansas screwed up on routine stuff more than once.

And I watched enough on November 18th to know that Michigan is also undeserving of playing Ohio State again. Guess no one deserves it now that USC lost, let Boise State play Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Jump to: