SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 am
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Bugs, Problems, Complaints, Suggestions & Compliments
DT Problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Commissioner
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Forum ID: 4

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: DT Problems
Subject description: We have a few:

If you are having problems simply running the DT, try this: uninstall smallball then run this installer:

http://www.smallball.com/ball/download/smallball_install.exe

If the DT crashes then I suggest that you use the NEW DT. I think this verison is by far more stable. Give it a try from here:

http://smallball.com/ball/download/dtgamma.shtml

If you are getting the: Cannot start training Error message, I think that comes from a problem where the DT gets lost. It will work better if the game is in this path c:/my games/smallball....

Do insure this, uninstall smallball then try this installer:

http://www.smallball.com/ball/download/smallball_install.exe

We will figure out these problems and get them fixed. If you know anyone who is having problems please show them this post.

Thanks !

Smile
MHD Steve
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 5711

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Everything is now working
Subject description: Amazing Fix

So, XPFIX.EXE fixed my WIN 2000 Install problem. Then I ran into the DirectDraw error message with DT. This was fixed by going to my Desktop and then Properties. I got to the Graphics Acceleration Option in the setup under properties and set it to FULL. Now everything works and the laptop is running twice as fast!!!
The_Safo
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject:

Kaotic wrote:
My DT is running really slow after about for a month it ran just fine... Any help?? I even tried and reinstalled SB but still goes slow... I need help... Gotta train teams

Check for spyware. If you have Window 2000 or XP, get Windows antispyware at www.microsoft.com. If WinME or < get SpyBot and AdAware at www.downloads.com. I run all three on my XP unit and each help to remove and prevent spyware from corrupting.
Please trust me. I do Internet tech suppport for a living and spyware is the biggest reason for computer slow downs and corruptions.
Wilson

Forum ID: -1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I get something like jrew.exe error sometimes after logging into a new team or exiting DT
Quiksilver97

Forum ID: 5869

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Problem

I know what the problem is. It happens to me every time. It's your internet security. I have to disable part of it every time to make it work

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...so my team may be dangerous.
paphillyman
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 5435

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject:

This has happened 3 days in a row now , I hope someone will know the problem : I'll get into the DT and after about 15 seconds the DT shuts down , I'll reinstall it , then it works , the next day , I'll go into the DT to train and the same thing happens . also sometimes when I press to see my team page the ST trainer comes on , I've been playing SB since Dec of '94 and this is my first real problem , Im running Windows XP professional , pretty such I have sun Java , not sure how to change that , any help would be very much appreciated .
ras
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 5983

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm having a problem with my DT. The old DT wasn't working at all, so I got the new one. It worked for like 2 days, but now it gets stuck on the Loading screen. It just sits there and nothing happens. Any suggestions?

PS. I've already checked for spyware

34503 ST
The Blazing Chalupas
FxS
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 490

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I am a returning player, I'm using the same computer that I used to play smallball with. However, it seems that smallball DT just won't work for me anymore. It closes after I have it on for 10 seconds or more. It brings me back to the mai SmallBall screen.

Now, I've tried downloading and following all the suggestions in your first post Commish. It still hasn't worked.

I went and installed the newest DirectX. Still hasn't worked.

I once aain went and wiped all the spyware and adware on my computer like I do regularly every morning. It still closes.

Right now, the only thing that has wroked was me keeping the DT minimized while it's going. The problem with this is that I will not be keeping an automated schedule after I find my pitchers once again. So, if anyone could help me solve this, it would be much appreciated.
Greekie
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject:

The last couple days whenever i try to open dt i get this after the loading is finished & right before dt opens.

Microsoft Visual++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C:\My Games\Smallball\deluxe\Trainerapp.exe

abnormal program termination

i unistalled & reinstalled smallball. i installed the vm & the new dt but keep getting the same message...

btw i had that message alot lately with dt crashing but i could get right back in. Now nothing.

& i didn't do anything new or different in my computer.

Suggestions??
Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject:

I try to open the DT, and then get a pop-up saying "Deluxe Trainer Message: Can't Login" I can open up the ST fine, play games fine, etc. I've tried re-installing, I've tried using the new DT, I've tried using the older DT. Same issue either way.

Edit: Working fine now. Apparently, from what I've heard, SmallBall was just being weird for awhile there.
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 4357

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Greekie wrote:
The last couple days whenever i try to open dt i get this after the loading is finished & right before dt opens.

Microsoft Visual++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C:\My Games\Smallball\deluxe\Trainerapp.exe

abnormal program termination

i unistalled & reinstalled smallball. i installed the vm & the new dt but keep getting the same message...

btw i had that message alot lately with dt crashing but i could get right back in. Now nothing.

& i didn't do anything new or different in my computer.

Suggestions??

Search button... Shocked Wink
nayrsenyah18
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 4815

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:

When i try and open the DT it just freezes at the starting trainer message.
any help?

Chippy
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Chippy wrote:
I try to open the DT, and then get a pop-up saying "Deluxe Trainer Message: Can't Login" I can open up the ST fine, play games fine, etc. I've tried re-installing, I've tried using the new DT, I've tried using the older DT. Same issue either way.

Edit: Working fine now. Apparently, from what I've heard, SmallBall was just being weird for awhile there.

I'm having this problem again now. I don't think it's a SmallBall issue anymore. Any way to resolve this?
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6341

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject:

http://img315.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im0006411kv.jpg

does anybody have this problem???[/img]
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Now im getting the cannot login message too Shocked
breakboy forever
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6341

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject:

update your internet explorer, or DOWNLOAD internet explorer, or just make your internet explorer somehow work..... Crying or Very sad

Forum ID: 6075

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: DT Slow down when opening Clipboard

Ever since the new patch for DT came out a few months ago, anytime I start the DT and then open up the Clipboard everything slows to a crawl. It is really frustrating. I scanned through all the replies here but didn't see anyone else mentioning this. Am I alone? Help!!
Shreyes Arun
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 5156

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: DT Problems
Subject description: We have a few:

ummm also don't change the default diectry wer smallball and DT get installed in your harddrive!
400055 1* DT/ Prev 9*
194205 1* DT/ Prev 5* w/1 stad
Footy 283398 2* ATing for comp.
EckyYakov

Forum ID: 6677

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:

when i get free DT fridays, i always load up the DT then as it start to load up it says "cannot log in" wat does that mean, i have reinstalled smallball and it doesnt work, any help??
55541 -1*- Super Landsharks (for sale)
NickK

Forum ID: 6711

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Still not working

Ok. After trying all of the fixes listed that pertain to my my OS..it's still not working.

It will load, download the files, log in and then I get the following error

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\My Games\SmallBall\deluxe\TrainerApp.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK

I'm on Windows XP Home
Fully updated
DirectX and Java (both sun and MS) updated
MS java will simply hang and take up all of my processor, while sun gives me the above error

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SD STARS

Forum ID: 6660

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: dt help plz

on firdays it say cannot fit resoultuion 700*1000 somethign then it says perhaps u have to lesss video memory, when i have no videos plz help
LBJ Fan08
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7414

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

i cant uninstall it, how am i supposed to

Is gonna rain!
Nightguard
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 7310

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject:

I have just had my PC done and cleaned. I've reinstalled SB Ok but when I run DT it starts then closes and goes back to the team start page. I have a firewall and AV but I clicked to allow access. I sent an email but the suggestions (uninstalling and downloading two versions and new Java) has not worked. The latest version (ha ha) of SB includes the Java and update of DT I think so it should all be up to date. Now what else can I do?
Could it be my internet security as somebody suggested? The idea od IS is to keep bad programs out I would have thought.. Though when I do reinstall SB I always get a message to say that the signiture is not recognised. I thought after all this time SB would have improved enough to allow firewalls etc to approve of it. TBH If I dont get this sorted soon I am not bothering with it. I have better things to do than waste afternoons trying to sort these things out.
Ken

There is an old saying - Join the army travel the world, meet interesting people then shoot them. I prefer join CAMRA travel the world meet interesting people then drink their beer.
www.realaletalk.myfastforum.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Bugs, Problems, Complaints, Suggestions & Compliments
Jump to: