SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 am
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Tournaments, Leagues, & Contests » Other
Computer Simulation Fantasy Baseball League
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
epiphanic
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6173

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Computer Simulation Fantasy Baseball League
Subject description: Baseball Management Simulation

Greetings. I'm posting this because it seems that time is of the essence, in a sense. I have come upon a new baseball game that I think people here may enjoy. It's called Computer Simulated Fantasy Baseball League (CSFBL). You can check it out at http://www.csfbl.com. Here is the premise:

• Each user controls a baseball "franchise." You can own as many or as few teams in your franchise as you wish.
  • New teams are added to your franchise through either creating a team and adding them to a league. Or by recruiting an unowned team in an existing league. (The latter is easier to do if you want to jump right in.)
  • Each team has a 25-man Active Roster, and unlimited AAA-Roster and a 10-man maximum Low Minors Roster.
  • There is a $50M salary cap for each team with the remainder of spending spent on player development, drills, and scouting.
  • You're the Manager/GM of your team(s), deciding who to call up, send down, and play.
  • Each league plays a 160-game schedule with with 2/4/8 sims a day.
  • Each league is a 24-team league with four 6-team divisions.

That's a basic rundown of what the game is about. If you have any questions about the game visit the Help Pages or the Forums. They are a great help. I can also answer questions you may have, but I am relatively new so my knowledge is fairly limited.

I encourage interested people to check it out. I think it is really enjoyable. If you're into the "front office" aspect of baseball. I own a team in the Gamma League. It's a 2 game/day sim, so it lends itself well to new players. We just started the 1994 season and there are 11 teams that are ripe for the picking. I encourage you to pick up one of those teams or another so you know what the game is about.

Have you hugged the search button today?

Last edited by epiphanic on Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
epiphanic
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:

After taking the previous post to briefly explain what CSFBL is, I would like to direct your attention to the purpose of this thread. If CSFBL is something that looks interesting and would like to participate in, I would like to establish a league in CSFBL. I completely enjoyed participating in the SmallBall Hometown League, but it seemed to lack the stabilty that I was hoping for. A CSFBL Hometown League would provide that stability as the team number is fixed and unowned teams are managed by the computer. I have spoke with Slip'N'Sliders about this possibility and he seemed quite excited about this, and mentioned that he knew some people that would be interested. If you're still interested this is a synopsis of what I have thus far:

Name - I'm leaning with either "Hometown League Baseball" (HLB) or "Hometown Leagues" (HL).

Governing Body - General League matters will be voted on by all the Owners, but for maintaining league business and other day-to-day maintainence, I think an Executive Council of sorts would work best. There would be one representative from each division so there would be four members of this Council. Each member of this Council will have Commissioner rights in the league. (Commissioners are like moderators of a league and they are moderators of the league forum).

League Alignment - The 4 divisions are paired up to make 2 "leagues" or "conferences." In my concept, each division (and therefore each league) is based on geography. One league is called the "Coastal League" comprising of Atlantic (East) and Pacific (West) divisions. The other league is the "Great Plains League" comprising of the Prairie (North) and Frontier (South) divisions.

Charter - I have taken some time to draft a league Charter, and I'm planning on doing some more research on some of the well established leagues (i.e. Premier Leagues) for ideas on how to set up the league.

Sim Rate - I've tossed around a 2 game/day or 4 game/day sim rate. That way, owners can effectively manage their team by only logging in once a day. Slower sim rates also lends itself for learning the game. It can be changed later if need be.

Before this league can become a reality it needs 24 people that will play to start. It doesn't have to be all SmallBallers, as I should be able to recruit some CSFBLers that would be interested in this idea. I would prefer it if this league was all SmallBall players (at least at the beginning) since the original Hometown League was a SmallBall league. However, I don't (and probably won't, given the option) accept anyone to be a part of the league. I want people that are respectable and mature in this community and serious about participating in what I hope becomes a very competitive and fun league.

LilChris2434
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7100

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

I'll join your league.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wookie8662
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1233

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I already have a team there.

humdrums
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6682

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Sounds awesome. I'd love to take part in this if I can.
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Okay, here's the deal. I was just reminded of an important piece of information regarding this endeavor. New CSFBL players must wait at least 30 days before they are allowed to create a new team. Since this is a new league, new teams will need to be created. If you're wondering what this means for you, potential owner, it's that you should probably register now and recruit a team to get the feel as this gets settled. Also given the "deadline" of these forums on the 23rd (I think that's the right date) it means that the league will be promoted to the CSFBL site. That's all for now.

Slip'N'Sliders
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 2483

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Hey Nic, I grabbed a team in the Gamma League. Keep in touch with me about the league you are starting. Im interested.

3249 Chatt. Tide Pride|1930 (RIP) Joga Bonito(FB)|1930 -XsT- |770 Redd Dog Wrestling
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
epiphanic
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

I posted a recruitment thread on the CSFBL forums. Here is the link.

http://forums.csfbl.com/forums/677920/ShowThread.aspx#677920

If you're interested in this league please reply to that thread as that will be the official one. I'll be on the lookout for all you SmallBallers signing up. Feel free to PM me either here or at the CSFBL forums with your CSFBL name so I know who you are.

mitype2
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 6460

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I grabbed a team in Gamma also. I hope this team does better than my SB teams. lol

This is a very complicated game. I like Baseball Mogul 2007 better but I'll give this a try.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
epiphanic
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

Is this all of the interest in a new Hometown League? We're gonna need more than a few players if we're ever going to hit that 24 member mark.

gunman9x

Forum ID: 5602

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:

i am a vet at the game i have 7 teams and am a pro the game is great have been playing it for 2 years now hope everyone likes it Smile

My Teams 500501 8* PL8 ST 492851 7* DT PL9
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
epiphanic
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject:

Excellent. People didn't really post on the signup/interest thread, but I have noticed SmallBall people joining the Gamma League. Keep 'em coming guys and maybe we can get Hometown League Baseball started there.

epiphanic
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject:

I posted the league By-Laws in the CSFBL signup thread. If anyone is interested, I encourage people to look over the document and give CSFBL a try. I've added a new idea which would include a July 31st trading deadline, and a waiver system. We definitely need to active people for this league to work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Sports - General Forums » Tournaments, Leagues, & Contests » Other
Jump to: