SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
NHL 94
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
evilkitten

Forum ID: 4915

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: NHL 94
Subject description: I lost my copy where do i get a new one.

Well!

Hartford always!
Doomchild
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 392

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Sega Genesis?

evilkitten

Forum ID: 4915

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Ya saw a deal on EBAY 27 sports games and two controlers and system for 70 bucks.
Greek Wizard
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject:

if you have a PS2, NHL 94 is on the NHL 05 PS2 game (exclusive to PS2)

Just a note, i still have my original NHL '94
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I've got NHL '95 for SNES and it's amazing.. i hate sega!

to answer your question.. you have few options

1) See if one of your friends will sell it to you
2) See if there are any video games stores that still have them (non of the major stores like EB or gamestops carry them near NJ any more so you may have to find a small store for those type of games)
3) Ebay... you can find lots of games on there

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
arod3434

Forum ID: 6999

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Or

Or you could get a plug and play one. The ones with just the controler you plug into your t.v. Saw one on t.v. once. Can't remember what year though. It was either 94 or 95. As a bonus it also came with Madden from the same year. I had 96 for SNES. Always had Patrick Roy, Wayne Greztkey, and Brett Hull on my team.
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Or

arod3434 wrote:
Or you could get a plug and play one. The ones with just the controler you plug into your t.v. Saw one on t.v. once. Can't remember what year though. It was either 94 or 95. As a bonus it also came with Madden from the same year. I had 96 for SNES. Always had Patrick Roy, Wayne Greztkey, and Brett Hull on my team.

The plug in one that I saw (and regretfully didn't buy) was '95.

NHL 94 is my favorite hockey game ever....I remember spending $60 for NHL '97 when it came out and was hated it. It was supposed to be this great upgrade and it sucked.
Kyle
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 326

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:

You could get the emulator and, if you own the game, legally have the rom for your computer.

Most gaming stores will carry Saga Genesis games also. One near you may just have a copy of NHL '94. The Rhino Games by my house, where we get all my wife's NDS games, carries everything (new and used) from original Nintendo to XBox 360.
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Kyle wrote:
You could get the emulator and, if you own the game, legally have the rom for your computer.

Most gaming stores will carry Saga Genesis games also. One near you may just have a copy of NHL '94. The Rhino Games by my house, where we get all my wife's NDS games, carries everything (new and used) from original Nintendo to XBox 360.

lucky.. EB games and gamestop oldest is N64.. I wish they still had super NES games Sad

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
arod3434

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Huh?

Another good place to visit is goodwill or consignment shops.

The EB's and GS's in NC carry NES games in NC. Seems like they sell more of those than 64's. My old neighbor found her NES, and I took it to EB. They gave me 3 bucks for the system. They also gave me .25 for Zelda. That was the most I got for Classic NES game. They also wanted to give me 12 bucks for my Tony Hawk American Wasteland a month after it came out. It was still selling for 49 bucks at Wal-Mart but thats a different story.
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

$3 for NES?? rip offf

Doomchild
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 392

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I bet you it's in this video game store called "Funcoland" sorta near me. They have all of the sweetest classics that you can imagine. Games you can't even imagine they'd have.

chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Doomchild wrote:
I bet you it's in this video game store called "Funcoland" sorta near me. They have all of the sweetest classics that you can imagine. Games you can't even imagine they'd have.

nooooooooooooooooooooo the funcoland near me got bought out by gamestop :'(

Kyle
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:
Kyle wrote:

lucky.. EB games and gamestop oldest is N64.. I wish they still had super NES games Sad

Really? Rhino Games here actually has a large selection of NES, SNES, PSone and Sega. I don't recall seeing a Sega system there but I know they carry the NES, SNES, N64, NGC several original Gameboy handhelds, GBC, GBA, NDS & NDS Lite, PSone, PS2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Sega Game Gear. I don't recall seeing the Sega Genesis or some of the other rarer systems or games. I also don't play any console games anymore (all computer games for me now...and a couple NDS games), so I haven't payed too much attention to them. I'll definately check it out next time we go by there. That may not be for awhile since my wife and I are somehow hooked on Animal Crossing World Wide. The game is basically pointless but very addictive and I'm a huge fan of the FPS genre....I don't understand it. I could go by there tomorrow and check for NHL '94 if you (evilkitten) want it that badly though.

And $3 for a NES system and $.25 for Zelda is absolute crap. I'd given you $10 for it myself.
kirbymaster28
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 7742

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I have NHL 94 and NHL 95 for Sega Genesis. Both still work and they are two of my favorite sports games.

But maybe if the right price comes around, I might just be selling it myself.
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject:

Kyle wrote:
chspogo wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Really? Rhino Games here actually has a large selection of NES, SNES, PSone and Sega. I don't recall seeing a Sega system there but I know they carry the NES, SNES, N64, NGC several original Gameboy handhelds, GBC, GBA, NDS & NDS Lite, PSone, PS2, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Sega Game Gear. I don't recall seeing the Sega Genesis or some of the other rarer systems or games. I also don't play any console games anymore (all computer games for me now...and a couple NDS games), so I haven't payed too much attention to them. I'll definately check it out next time we go by there. That may not be for awhile since my wife and I are somehow hooked on Animal Crossing World Wide. The game is basically pointless but very addictive and I'm a huge fan of the FPS genre....I don't understand it. I could go by there tomorrow and check for NHL '94 if you (evilkitten) want it that badly though.

And $3 for a NES system and $.25 for Zelda is absolute crap. I'd given you $10 for it myself.

how much are they selling a SNES for? My 2nd player controller port is busted.. can only play single player games (no its not the controller.. I have four, all work in slot 1, none in slot 2.. its an internal thing cause only like 2 buttons work when you try to play... and its the buttons you never use that work Sad)

add:
I tryed to get a system on e-bay and I got scammed. I sent the 7-11 money order for $25.50 and never got anything and the member had its account suspended or deleted (e-bay cant tell me cause of privacy crap) so I lost my money and since it was $10.50 with $10 shipping, it doesn't qualify for reenbursement (policy is that the bid must be over $25 [without shipping] and there is a $25 fee so that didn't work Sad)

This was sept.. I still have the broken one Sad

Wilson

Forum ID: 7451

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Go to a video rental store. An older school one there's usually one you can find. IE we have Blockbuster and Movie Gallery but then there's one of those like family owned one's like our Abercrombie Video. You can find lots of good SNES games usually there. All you do, go once rent them all and never go back.
Kyle
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:

how much are they selling a SNES for? My 2nd player controller port is busted.. can only play single player games (no its not the controller.. I have four, all work in slot 1, none in slot 2.. its an internal thing cause only like 2 buttons work when you try to play... and its the buttons you never use that work Sad)

add:
I tryed to get a system on e-bay and I got scammed. I sent the 7-11 money order for $25.50 and never got anything and the member had its account suspended or deleted (e-bay cant tell me cause of privacy crap) so I lost my money and since it was $10.50 with $10 shipping, it doesn't qualify for reenbursement (policy is that the bid must be over $25 [without shipping] and there is a $25 fee so that didn't work Sad)

Apparently nothing since they no longer have one. There is another place here in Huntsville that deals almost entirely with older systems. I'll check there first of the week to see if they have a SNES console. They had several 2 years ago when I bought some GBA games for my cousin. But they had just opened and that was 2 years ago.
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

Kyle wrote:
chspogo wrote:

add:

Apparently nothing since they no longer have one. There is another place here in Huntsville that deals almost entirely with older systems. I'll check there first of the week to see if they have a SNES console. They had several 2 years ago when I bought some GBA games for my cousin. But they had just opened and that was 2 years ago.

Shocked Being in the NYC area, there are VERY few "mom and pop" stores around now.. everyone ones the lastest gizmos. Luckyyy lol

Wilson

Forum ID: 7451

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

chspogo, If you search hard enough on the internet you'll likely be able to find away to be able to manually fix that problem with the controller yourself. Trust me I used to have to do it all the time when I bought the old regular Nintendo a few years back. Runs nice now.
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilson wrote:
chspogo, If you search hard enough on the internet you'll likely be able to find away to be able to manually fix that problem with the controller yourself. Trust me I used to have to do it all the time when I bought the old regular Nintendo a few years back. Runs nice now.

Good idea. I wish it was just a controller problem (since I have 4), but its something internal in the system.. i'll try googling it though. thanks!

Kyle
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Well, I've found not only one, but two NHL '94 games for the Sega. Just let me know if you're still interested in it.
arod3434

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Market

Also you could check out one of those flea markets. They have everything at those. Bought a Pac-man arcade and pork rinds. One of the best days ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Jump to: