SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
Question about standings?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Natural Born Killers
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 7616

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Question about standings?

How can a team be 0-9 and in third place while I'm 13-7 and in 37th place?
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

which standings do you mean?

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
Natural Born Killers
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 7616

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

8 star league. Now I'm in 45th and the 0-9 team is still 3rd Confused How are the teams ranked?
West Coast
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6581

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

i assume you are talking about the Star Standings Pages. Those have nothing to do with wins/losses. If its everything to with stars.

Even though we cant see it, SB sorts teams on those pages by overall stars.

8.9 stars will be above someone who just turned 8 star (probably 8.1 star).

So in your case, the 0-9 team is just a better 8 star team but just hasnt been winning games. Very Happy
Signups for Season 2 being Taken.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nelmo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

You newer players need to understand that smallball is full of bugs. Always has been, and it looks like it always will, now that nobody is actually active in running or trying to fix anything.

The star pages have never run right ever since they were changed prior to season 100. A perfect example is the one of my team BattlePlan-86556, who I have not trained in about a year yet sits on the 10* page, even though they are actually a 1* team now, but were 10* the last time I opened trainer. Also, if a team opens trainer or plays a BL/PL game it will get updated on the star list. So a team can be more skilled yet lower in star rating because someone else played or opened trainer during the last update on star list. Does not make sense, and nobody is going to fix it, so.......play for fun, and dont expect anything and you will be ok otherwise......you'll go crasy like so many of us from the past have done. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
Jump to: