SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
SEC week 10, possible spoilers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: SEC week 10, possible spoilers

Mississippi State @ Alabama
Florida @ Vanderbilt
Georgia @ Kentucky
Northwestern St @ Mississippi
Arkansas St @ Auburn
LSU @ Tennessee
Arkansas @ South Carolina

Alabama, 23-10 : Mississippi State may keep this one close until the 4th, but never really threaten
Florida, 27-17 : Vandy has played Florida close before, this game may not be much different
Georgia, 35-21 : Georgia sucks, UK sucks more.. 'nuff said
Mississippi, 38-13 : If Ole Miss plays like they did last week this game is a blowout
Auburn, 28-10 : Auburn's offense is having trouble turning yards into points. look for may starters to rest this week
LSU, 20-17 : Something tells me the Tigers are just due. They're still a very solid team
South Carolina, 24-10 : Other than one game against Auburn.. what has Arkansas done to show they're for real? I'm betting they're arnt as good as they look
ukce1861
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 2720

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: SEC week 10, possible spoilers

mlthmp wrote:
Georgia, 35-21 : Georgia sucks, UK sucks more.. 'nuff said

It's funny, I got my usual UK Athletics e-mail and it just had a picture of Commonwealth Stadium (where the field is named after a basketball coach from Alabama, which should tell you something... Rolling Eyes ) and the heading "Georgia at Kentucky, Saturday @ 2:00" then underneath, it said, "Be Part of Something Special"... Like that's going to happen... Rolling Eyes

I was there in 1998 when Matt Mumme botched the hold on what would have been a game winning field-goal and then instead of running out of bounds or throwing the ball away to stop the clock and try again, he tried to run it in from the 15... Never been close since...

Hockey Comes Out Tomorrow! Surprised
PM jefeesdios for your password now!
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 71

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject:

Florida @ Vanderbilt
Georgia @ Kentucky - As of now, Georgia is only a 6.5 point favorite. I would not be surprised at all if we lost this game.
Arkansas St @ Auburn
LSU @ Tennessee - Game of the week in the SEC.

Proud Member of Smallball Devils
803 - 11 Great Trainers and Beaner (AcA)-(PL1)

9667 - Beauty and the 11 Beasts (AcA)-(PL1)
Retired: 5097-17690-19301 (3 PL1 Wins)
Kyle
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 326

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Mississippi State @Alabama
Florida @ Vanderbilt
Georgia @ Kentucky
Northwestern St @Mississippi
Arkansas St @ Auburn
LSU@ Tennessee

Alabama (30 - 6) - Miss. State's offense is terrible and Alabama's defense is still pretty darn good. That should be the only thing they need to win this game.
Florida (27-14) - They didn't beat Georgia by much and I don't think they'll beat Vandy by much either.
Georgia (38-16) - Georgia should rack up some points against prossibly the worst defense in I-A and maybe a bad one in I-AA.
Mississippi (31-9) - This should help that awful scoring offense some.
Auburn (37-6) - Their offense has got to wake up sometime, and maybe this will be the game. They shouldn't need much, since Arkansas St. can't score.
LSU (20-10) - Too bad I won't get to see LSU separate Ainge's helmet from the rest of his body. I think that QB rating will drop for the third week in a row. Don't expect LSU to do a whole lot against that tough Tennessee defense though.
Arkansas (30-17) - On paper, this looks to be a close game, but I don't see it that way. Arkansas has gotten better each week and I think they are for real and just too much for USC on both sides of the ball.
The Red Devil
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 2794

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

Mississippi State @ Alabama (35-14)
Florida @ Vanderbilt (38-17)
Georgia @ Kentucky (28-20)
Northwestern St. @ Ole Miss (41-7)
Arkansas St. @ Auburn (45-14)
LSU @ Tennessee (21-17)
Arkansas @ South Carolina (24-10)
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 4887

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject:

Florida @ Vanderbilt
Georgia @ Kentucky
Arkansas St @ Auburn
LSU @ Tennessee

Bama
Florida
Georgia
Ole Miss
Auburn
Tennessee
Arkansas

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ukce1861
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 2720

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Aww, C-A-T-S, Cats, Cats, Cats...

Go Big Blue. Can't believe we pulled it of...

Hockey Comes Out Tomorrow! Surprised
PM jefeesdios for your password now!
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject:

Beaner wrote:

Georgia @ Kentucky - As of now, Georgia is only a 6.5 point favorite. I would not be surprised at all if we lost this game.

Wow. I have officially entered the hell of the worst season of Georgia football since I started following them in 1990. I have always said that I didn't think that Vandy and Kentucky belonged in the SEC. Now that Georgia has lost to both of them in the same season, I guess Georgia doesn't belong either. Rolling Eyes What a nightmare.

The Red Devil
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 2794

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

Beaner wrote:
Beaner wrote:

Wow. I have officially entered the hell of the worst season of Georgia football since I started following them in 1990. I have always said that I didn't think that Vandy and Kentucky belonged in the SEC. Now that Georgia has lost to both of them in the same season, I guess Georgia doesn't belong either. Rolling Eyes What a nightmare.

Beanman take this from someone who has experienced their team lose to Vandy and have a horrible season, it will get better...hopefully. Georgia's situation is similar to Tennessee's last season. You lost Shockley and Greene over the past years then Tereshinski comes in and can't deliver. Well we lost Casey Clausen, as much as i dislike him he always got us to a bowl game at least, then Ainge has a promising Freshman season after Brent Schaeffer goes down then he gets hurt while Rick Clausen has a great bowl game. Which led us to a QB contorversy between Clausen and Ainge not unlike Georgia's situation. Once they find their leader the old Dawgs will be back.
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 326

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Hey, atleast it was losses to Vandy and Kentucky, which aren't that bad. Try getting soundly beat by Mississippi State! I think Georgia and Alabama need to make some serious changes like Tennessee did after last season.
mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Folks.. lets please try and remember one thing.. ok?

Face it, Vanderbilt is NOT all that bad.. and they usually arnt ever all that bad.

Look at how they played Arkansas this season, look how they played Florida. Vandy usually either has a good defense or a good offense. They very seldom have both (which could make them a solid team)

IMO, if Vandy played in one of the mid-majors they'd probably be more likely to turn winning seasons.. are they on average with most other SEC teams? Well, no probably not but they're usually n ot as bad as their records show.

Kentucky is almost the same thing.. Every now and then they manage a good season.
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Hey at least we gave Kentucky something to be happy about. Can you believe they tore down the goalposts after the game?! Shocked LOL Our reputation far outweighs the quality of our team.

You're right in that Vandy is not that bad. However, Georgia should have more talent on the field in every position. Vandy is playing above their heads this year. They should have more wins than they do. Hats off to them.

BP
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1901

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Beaner wrote:
Hey at least we gave Kentucky something to be happy about. Can you believe they tore down the goalposts after the game?! Shocked LOL Our reputation far outweighs the quality of our team.

You're right in that Vandy is not that bad. However, Georgia should have more talent on the field in every position. Vandy is playing above their heads this year. They should have more wins than they do. Hats off to them.

It's ok, Georgia got stung by whatever Tennessee had last season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » Other Interests » Off Topic
Jump to: