SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:02 am
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
smallball accomplishments, what are you proud of
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: smallball accomplishments, what are you proud of

hi all, i do care, some wont, but it would be interesting to see peoples accomplishments in smallball. pl success, what was it, was it just getting to the pl's or getting to pl4 etc,,,

even if it was winning your first game, hitting your first home run, 9* or your first trade with someone,

giving away a ticket, team, or advice

(for me it was reaching PL4 with 55229, and i know i can go further, but it will take quite some time Confused , being given my first DT team, 130295 by Oaf, i then got them to 9*, reached the pl's then went on to make PL5, the only problem with this team was that i made several changes once i reached PL5, so maintaining and inproveing is pretty hard to do.)

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
kid-tony17271
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7037

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: retirement

when I starting playing smallball my only goal was to get my Pl1 badge >.......I was soooo happy the day I got it I nearly cried ....now my goal is to do it with all my teams
Catch22
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 73

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:

I guess I'll reply that my first PL 1 win felt pretty sweet after training teams since summer of '01. 15 other PL wins followed over time (a long time) with two other teams contributing to that total. There are several other teams that I trained and achieved PL 1 as well. but I could not get them to the top.

A PL 1 win during season 100 is special to me with 137001 England. I remember the great posts during this season by Zachery, I thought WOW, how does he possibly know more about this team than I do! He featured many great and incredibly well researched posts about PL 2 for awhile that will always be a memorable highlight of my time with SmallBall and with this forum.

At one point I had 4 teams in PL 1 for a season, that was, I thought a pretty good achievement and tough to deal with at the same time. I think it might have been around Season 103 or so. I had a season where my teams finished 1, 2, 3 in PL 1 sometime around then as well.

I had a few undefeated PL seasons that is pretty memorable too, it's also pretty rare in today's game environment.

Well, I'm a has been now. All teams dead or retired 'til I get the urge to come back or the game dies in the meantime.

Lastly, I've mostly read on this forum and not posted much. When it's gone I'll surely miss what you've all got to say here.

And yes, The Regulators, mine. RIP.
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6405

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

First off I have to say that I am a "small goals first" guy. I set short term goals and long term goals. My short term goal was to train a fresh team and get them to PL4, then get them out. Long term is to get them to 10* and PL1. Last goal is to win PL1.
Best accomplishment.....
When I came here to the forum I got slammed pretty hard but a certain someone. At that time I had two roads I could take. Retaliate and be a jerk too, or "kill em with kindness" I chose the latter.
I made many, many great online friends that way. I also shared some thoughts and prided myself in helping the "noobs". Without them the game just cant grow. That is my biggest accomplishment thus far.

BTW, great question.
Catch 22, thanks for clearing that up on The Regulators. Shocked
Wookie8662
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1233

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Beating the team "Psychos with bats" for the 1st time.

breakboy forever
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6341

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Wookie8662 wrote:
Beating the team "Psychos with bats" for the 1st time.

ohh... I remember that day too. Razz

My biggest accomplishment was getting from PL8 to PL3 without stopping in one PL. (PL8 to PL7 to PL6 to PL5 to PL4 to PL3 all in 6 seasons.)
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I've had many goals that I have been proud of.

I was glad to reach 9* for the first time.. even better it was with a ST team.

My biggest game-type accomplishment was being able to finally get over that PL4 hurdle.. Even though I no longer own the team.. I can at least say I made it past PL4 at least once.

I was so happy to be made a TA, and then later on be given a chance to be a GM here community-wise.. both of those positions mean so much to me.

Sadly, I havnt had much luck game-wise.. but I've had a lot of fun along the way
Rhino222
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1875

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Saddly everytime i had a good team something happened and PL was snatched away
ex. 92000 to 9* then hurricane katrina
but i have to say my greatest accomplishment or the one im most proud of was the first time getting into PL, only to realize my team was terrible compared to the big dogs. Laughing
mitype2
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 6460

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject:

My greatest accomplishment is that I have not tried to hurt myself after I found this game. And through this community and competition there is something other than darkness and depression for me. Thank you to all who have competed against my kids, to all who reached out a hand and said I won't let go brother, for all the laughs and all the tears. I think we should also consider the communities greatest accomplishment or accomplishments. Love, Friendship, Togetherness, and Family. Thank you everyone who has had a part in all of this.

mitype2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Havana Slim

Forum ID: 7522

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject:

My biggest (and only) accomplishment so far is that my Alacranes are in the Jr PL right now after only a month and a half. I'm in sixth place at 11-7-3, so it looks like I'll advance to PL 9. This is my original ST team with three (got lucky) lefties and good 'ol Intel stadium. I'm very encouraged by the thread congratulating Zach for reaching PL1 with an ST team, so I guess I'll keep working on it.

Alacranes 9*
Jon2s
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 3806

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

My greatest accomplishment?
    I like to think that I have been a positive member of the community.

I've pushed a couple of people off the deep end and caused them to be banned. Embarassed

I've created several different applications for SmallBall which are still being used today. The Player Optimizer2 has been used by over 400 different teams with total uses over 11,500 times. I guess that is pretty cool. =)

I have never released an application that I feel would damage SmallBall. There are alot of ways to really cause some problems very easily. Instead of using these for personal gain, I've forwarded examples to the commish. Saddly, nothing was done about it.

I have SmallBall.info which has been a mild success. (586 members isn't bad.) It's had it's ups and downs. I'm more of a builder than a maintainer so the blame rests upon my shoulders for that.

As far as the game goes, I have had teams in every PL except PL1.

I've won 1 single tournament. Good news is it was for a 700 team pack. Bad news, Vryden hasn't ever gotten the pack. =(

I was made a Trade Agent. (I wasn't very active at it, but I had a few.)

I was a hammer in the OSBC. (See the second item on the list to see what I did there. Embarassed )

I was an editor for the the SmallBall Community Times. (A great idea that failed miserably.)

I've had teams stolen, the community supported me and forced the parties to give them back.

I've made a few enemies.

Of all my accomplishments, the thing I am most proud of is the countless number of friends I've made here. There are a ton of you and I don't want to leave anyone out so I'll just say thanks to all of you.

Jon2s
The_Safo
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 36

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Best-spending 5 yrs, 4mo, 10 days with this community

Worst- losing 5 yrs, 4mo, 10 days of my life to this game.
breakboy forever
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6341

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

The_Safo wrote:
Best-spending 5 yrs, 4mo, 10 days with this community

Worst- losing 5 yrs, 4mo, 10 days of my life to this game.

AMEN. But in my case it hasn't been anywhere NEAR as long.
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Actual SB accomplishments include my PL1 Championship, an undefeated PL4 season, a kickass MLB season in its first year, 6 seasons of running the CBL...and a few other small things.

As for the rest, I made some good friends, lost some good friends, had a lot of fun and feel I've really honed my cooking abilities working in the SB mess hall. What better accomplishment can you have than that?
Greek Wizard
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject:

Maybe my biggest accomplishment is creating these forums, it was only an idea that happens less than a week later), but one time I actually used to play this game:

1) First person with 3 Baseball teams in 1st league at the same time that all started from stratch (not given to a person in PL2 or something).

Boy were there some nasty remarks on Real.com about how the rules should be changed, blah blah blah. That has been matched and passed since then. Go figure.

But my personal favorite:

2) Winning the PL1 title with the same team name and team number (10103) in both FootBall and baseball in the same Season number (37)

Season #37 BaseBall: http://www.smallball.com/ball/seasons/37/pro1.shtml
Season #37 FootBall: http://www.smallball.com/small/soccer/37/pro1.shtml

Only a few people have won both FootBall and Baseball with the same team and number, someday someone might even match winning it in the same season number, but I like to think unless hockey comes out, no one will ever beat it Smile

I know some make fun of me because I won so long ago, but hey, wins are wins, and I actually used to be pretty good at this game when I played it Smile
rikderimmer

Forum ID: 302

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject:

The great thing about accomplishments is that you van always strive to achieve new. That is what makes this game so beautiful and terribly addictive.

My first real accomplishment was to beat an 10 * team, when I was 8* myself (the Iliad of course) then to reach the 9* status. Oh man I was so happy when that happened.

Recent accomplishments are making it to PL5 (and five spots away from advancing to PL4 last season Crying or Very sad ) and being a steady team on the 9* list. Now high on my list are: advancing to PL4 and reaching 10* status. The day I reach 10* I will be so happy!!!

But the the nicest thing is to see my team on fire and beating the crap out another team. That is the moment that I am the most proud Razz
ukce1861
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 2720

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject:

Greek Wizard wrote:
2) Winning the PL1 title with the same team name and team number (10103) in both FootBall and baseball in the same Season number (37)

That could be one of the coolest and most difficult achievements of all time. Even though it was back in the stone ages so it doesn't really count... Wink

My accomplishments:

Making PL3 with my original team
Finishing 2nd in the SCL College World Series in back to back seasons
Winning my division in SmallBall MLB

Those are the things I'm proud of.

Hockey Comes Out Tomorrow! Surprised
PM jefeesdios for your password now!
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 71

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject:

Catch22 wrote:
...15 other PL wins followed over time...

I was going to mention my 3 PL1 wins, but nevermind. LOL
Nice to see you come right out and fess up to being the owner of Regulators. It was often speculated, and I guess a lot of people knew it was you, but now that mystery is 100% cleared up.

Other than the PL wins:

My overall involvement in the forums (starting and maintaining various lists, such as birthdays, leagues, and owner's websites), as well as getting away with posting an insane amount of posts without ever being labeled a spammer.

Commish having enough faith in me to make me a Global Mod pretty much from the beginning.

Getting to run the whole TA thing and work alongside a lot of truly great smallballers. As I posted in the TA forum recently, I put trust in a lot of people to be TA's, and no one ever let me, or anyone else, down. It was a successful program in my opinion, and helped a lot of people.

Getting to be a part of AcA.

Getting to be a part of SBD.

Getting to be a part of the SCL. This is my biggest regret though as well. I considered winning the SCL one of the biggest accomplishments in smallball, and I was never able to do it. Best league ever though.

Winning a big tournament or two in the early days. In particular TW's.

Last, and most certainly not least, getting to meet and "hang out" with countless really great people. Sure was fun!

Proud Member of Smallball Devils
803 - 11 Great Trainers and Beaner (AcA)-(PL1)

9667 - Beauty and the 11 Beasts (AcA)-(PL1)
Retired: 5097-17690-19301 (3 PL1 Wins)
Rowdy Rooster
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6270

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject:

1st team I owned became 10* in 2 months 21 days. 2nd team I owned did it in 2 months 19 days neither had any SR's or lefty's added. Hmmm... I've had a Triple Play, a perfect game, an undefeated season in PL8, I won a few tourneys (PvT,SBD,TsT, TUS etc.), 3 PL1 wins (with CT's). A total of 6 teams trained to 10* from scratch. I was a lead character in a TsT and a Global Moderator in PvT, A Commissioner and moderator of SBCA and with it full access to many many UL's. So with that I believe I have some respect with the community but to get that I needed to give it back with time and effort. Most importantly, I don't think I ever made any real enemies (at least to my knowledge). I have always gotten along with everyone I encountered and I am most proud of that. It's too easy to fly off the handle on someone and through it all.... I maintained my cool (most of the time Embarassed ). The PL1 Victory with my personal team still eludes me but that is the only thing left to accomplish. Still "I'm not going down until the ship goes down" but it doesn't appear we can bail fast enough. Thank you to the many people of the community for making it all possible. You made me feel accepted and to that I owe my gratitude. To name everyone would take forever but shall I just say thank you to all. It's been a wonderful experience.

"A true risk taker is one who invests in SmallBall."
epiphanic
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6173

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject:

Although I haven't been training in quite a while I am happy with what I have done in SmallBall.

My biggest accomplishment in the game itself is probably getting my original team (506069) to 9*. It was a surprise for me. I also made it on the 9* list twice, but not for longer than one update. Ah, the memories of fleeting glory. I also "won" a team (126319) from Durin and took them to 9* as well. Yeah, they're both ST. Boo ya!

Within the game as a whole (i.e. the community) I would say that my biggest accomplishment was helping establish and running the Hometown League. Although it never panned out like I hoped it would, I still had fun with it and would like to thank everyone who made that so enjoyable.

The members of this community are one-of-a-kind and I look forward to seeing you on the other side (GW's new forum).

Have you hugged the search button today?
LCD
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 45

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Ive gained and lost friends that I will alway remember in this game, Thats my best accomplishment in this coimmunity as I will still be around the new forums for how ever long they are up. as for SB the game my accomplishments are

Winning SCL 8 times (4 BB, 4 FB)
    Winning PL 1 in FB with 2 different teams
    Being Part of XsT's Community Team PL win
    Taking 10 different BB teams to PL 1
    Taking 3 different FB teams to PL 1
    Running MLB, SCL and Monday Mayhem for how long they lasted
    Winning countless number of tournaments
    Once being feared as a trainer in higher PLs
    Spending 4 years 9 months and 23 days in this community

oaf
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5111

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I think my greatest accomplishment was when I discovered that Solipsta was a guy. Took me a while to figure that one out..... Surprised

but in terms of SmallBall accomplishments, reaching 10* with 885, getting to PL4 with 55369, giving 130295 to bailey, reaching the APL finals, competing in PL1 with 11GT&Beaner.

also, getting accepted into AcA Very Happy

Last edited by oaf on Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
E. Draven
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 3439

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

The accomplishments that I am proud of is getting a team to 9*, making it to the proleagues, and still being around after over 5 years.

34827 8* Jr League
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
solipsta
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

oaf wrote:
I think my greatest accomplishment was when I discovered that Solipsta was a guy. Took me a while to figure that one out..... Surprised

The only reason you were confused is because you were so attracted to me, right? No worries about that. It doesn't mean anything... Surprised

Oh yeah, forgot about my 6 FB PL1 victories with 2 different teams. Those were kind of cool because one team would win it, then the other, then back to the other....went like that for a little while... Smile
Chris 1st IX
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6958

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

I haven't been here long (nearing 5 months) but I too have had my proud moments.

Getting to 9* with my original team (still ST)
My rivalry with Ferret and his 555005 Majestics until his dissapearance. It was always tough competing with a DT team but I won (very) occasionally.
My first HR was big (now one player hits at least 25 a season). As well as my first Grand Slam.
A perfect PL8 (or JnrPL I can't remember now) game. I didn't know how big an achievement it was at the time.

But most of all, the guys at PvT, mainly Tight Wads for his generous donation of a DT ticket which I was able to use to get my first DT team. Still going strong and to enter the PL's next season!

Also, chatting in this great community. Something I will always remember.

Chris.
6th IX ~ 559983 ~ 9* DT ~ PL Record: 41 wins, 13 losses ~ PL7
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mr_differ
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 2184

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Just the fact that I was in PL1 I didn't win it all but hey.
I loved training my teams as the game went through many transformations.

Its been fun, Even though many of you have no idea who I am, but hey the army kept me busy.
I will continue to train my teams

all my original teams
and 1649 I was given May 2001

I'm Just proud to have found such a fine game and great competitors
oaf
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5111

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

solipsta wrote:
oaf wrote:

The only reason you were confused is because you were so attracted to me, right? No worries about that. It doesn't mean anything... Surprised

Shhhhhh..... Embarassed
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject:

oaf wrote:
solipsta wrote:
oaf wrote:

Shhhhhh..... Embarassed

But who here isnt attracted to sol?

Man OR Woman.. solipsta is Smallball's Angelina Jolie Twisted Evil
stubs

Forum ID: 6184

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject:

My accomplishments really pale in comparison to all these posted here. I have made it to PL3 with one team (still there), PL4 with another (still there) and have trained 2 community teams both making it to PL3. I have never trained a personal team to 10* and probably never will. I have also participated and helped to organize several tournaments (never even came close to winning).

Off the field, I have participated in this community (just like everyone else here), created the new TsT website and posted a few short articles for the Community Times.

I never really had enough time participate in the community as much as I wanted, but almost everyone here has been great! I can count on someone to help by offering advice or assisting in training when I can't. The little battles or posts made in this (and other) forums has always offered great entertainment. That is what I love about it all. Everyone is great. There are people here from all walks of life, young or old, any ethnic background, male or female, it doesn't matter. If you join the community, you have an immediate second family that inspires you to continue.

If I could take over SmallBall and help this great community live on, that would be the best accomplishment of all.
Lancer
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1823

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:

Let's see...

LCDs leagues - joined the SCL (yes, it was tougher than PLs) - joined his MLB league...

making it to PL2 - several times...

transforming from Lancer to LancerClaus - thx McGov! Wink

and the SmallBall Devils! Rob & McGov - you guys rock!

and the friendships - they have expaned to real life, and I'm a better person for that. Martin, Dean, Mary, Rob, Kai, Bryan, Louis and even Ivy - a great guy when he's away from the computer.

You folks take care - I'll catch you down the line!

You've tried the rest - now try the Best! www.sbdevils.com
LBJ Fan08
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7414

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

My biggest accomplishment was coming to these forums.

Is gonna rain!
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject:

LBJ Fan08 wrote:
My biggest accomplishment was coming to these forums.
and it will be over soon, you will be leaving at the top Wink

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
rowddogg
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 353

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

Gaining 5 PL championships facing some of the hardest Smallball players I know.
CountryBumpkin
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 38

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

5 PL1 Championships with 2 teams.

Sharing a storyline with my favorite player Catfish (The Life of a Catfish).

But most of all being part of PvT's fleet of HMS teams and the PL1 Championships that followed.

And last but not least retiring my last 2 teams and not feeling bad about it. Unless this game does a complete 180...they'll stay that way.
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to think that running the Honkerburger showdown thus far has been an accomplishment.

Other than that, nothing really.

This season I have the 5 teams I am training that are in PLs all in PL4... It's cool, but none have a chance of getting to PL3 Shocked

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
carolinatbird
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 5938

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Being a part of the HMS Dynasty.
That and getting to know the people at PvT (fantastic bunch of people).

And all the friends that I have from TUS. Most of which came over to PvT with me. So glad you did. Smile

So my biggest accomplishment thus far has been making friends with some of the best people I have ever known. Thanks for the memories guys and gals.

Peace and love to you always.

^^^^^^^^Thank You Outcast^^^^^^^^

oaf wrote:
I haven't showered in 42 days, and sometimes I rub mayonnaise on my feet before I go to sleep. I smell like a rose covered in peppermint.
Gooser
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 3754

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

My accomplishments pale in comparison to those of Catch22...showoff Embarassed (and many others). Glad Catch finally took the credit he deserves for the Regulators, best trainer in the history of the game. Enjoyed competing with you so many times.

My biggest accomplishment was not ever giving up on the dream of winning PL1. I had countless setbacks along the way. The chase is worth more than the outcome.
Gooser
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 3754

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Oh I forgot, I was going to try to keep the fact that I own No Soup for You! a secret, but then I said something about still being in 2nd league (it is where I belong). Of course that was a stupid thing to say because Nelmo figured it out without too much trouble (too smart for his own good).

The other thing I am proud of is that I have trained four unremarkable teams that all made it to PL1. The ironic part is that the one with the worst potential (and skill) is the one that won it all. Still has me shaking my head.
redbirds33
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6201

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

I've had a couple of pretty good teams. 518572 is at it's best in PL5. I also trained on 988, helping take them from PL7 to PL3! Since I stopped training on that team, other TsT Warriors have guided them to PL2!

Still, these accomplishments pale in comparison to what the other Chiefs and I have done with TsT. I've made friends, we've perservered through tough times, and survived for nearly a year. We've held many great tournaments, hosted leagues and done our part to uphold integrity within the community. I have ALT, Killer, stubs, Junkybird, all the other loyal Warriors, and Rowdy Rooster to thank for all the good times and successes! Very Happy

Now, if I could just get one of my teams through PL4... Rolling Eyes
fishtremble
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 5204

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: achievements

1. Getting my two favorite teams to 10*! (429367 and 471948)
2. Getting to be a part of AcA and THC
3. All the great friends I made along the way
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 1922

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

Friends I made. I don't believe the 10*'s, PL1's, all the tournament/competition wins, and even profit made from trading compares to this for me personally. Because without a community, who's there to recognize the 10*, PL1 accomplishments? Your own two teams don't fill a whole 32 team bracket... the competition is neccesary.

You may think this pathetic, how internet friends are silly and whatnot but I think it's taken for granted.

Of course time spent hanging out with friends in "real life" as some might say is usually more fun but sometimes you need to get away from the stresses of life and there's a community where I can fall back on that. The additional beauty to that?... Everyone else deals with the same thing in one form or not and when a community like this allows such people to come together, it's a beautiful thing.

There's people that have quit this game long ago but yet I still am great friends with them through IM, myspace or phone calls... we talk about stuff like we've been best buds growing up together that I normally might not even confide in with someone in my daily life. So this is my biggest accomplishment in which I am proud of. Having found this outlet which is fun and theureuptic in ways at the same time because it's a break from the busyness and stress of daily life.

I've personally not been incredibly active as of late, but I still consider myself part of this community and felt I needed to add my input.

Now that you've read this sentimental post... if you don't believe it or think of me as weak or this sensitive little wuss... you obviously don't know me and you pretty much fail at life. Hah. 1.

102450¦105235¦1141¦889¦9669¦55345¦787

So many chances in life but only one at life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nelmo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject:

You can put me in the the Money bracket, as I feel 100% the same way he does.

Gooser LOL.......yea I knew they were yours way before you even posted the pl2 thing. Just like I knew for years Catch22 owned The Regulators, London Astros, Road Warriors, and England. Not hard when you play the same teams, with the same owners year after year in the same leagues and see the patterns in training times, HolidayTicket times, initiating times, and the sharpness and weakness times of season for each team.
Rally 66 2.0
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6148

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

My favorties are simply making PvT after moe than 5 months. Shocked FINALLY passing PL 8 with my 12R team. & Getting 3 teamsz to 9*. I just have more team left to get to 9* too.(8*) Razz

Rally's 12LeftyGuyz
IowaHawkeyes|Rally
Rally'sOther12LeftyGuyz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Snyder281
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 4357

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Jon2s wrote:
My greatest accomplishment?
    I like to think that I have been a positive member of the community.

I've pushed a couple of people off the deep end and caused them to be banned. Embarassed

I've created several different applications for SmallBall which are still being used today. The Player Optimizer2 has been used by over 400 different teams with total uses over 11,500 times. I guess that is pretty cool. =)

I have never released an application that I feel would damage SmallBall. There are alot of ways to really cause some problems very easily. Instead of using these for personal gain, I've forwarded examples to the commish. Saddly, nothing was done about it.

I have SmallBall.info which has been a mild success. (586 members isn't bad.) It's had it's ups and downs. I'm more of a builder than a maintainer so the blame rests upon my shoulders for that.

As far as the game goes, I have had teams in every PL except PL1.

I've won 1 single tournament. Good news is it was for a 700 team pack. Bad news, Vryden hasn't ever gotten the pack. =(

I was made a Trade Agent. (I wasn't very active at it, but I had a few.)

I was a hammer in the OSBC. (See the second item on the list to see what I did there. Embarassed )

I was an editor for the the SmallBall Community Times. (A great idea that failed miserably.)

I've had teams stolen, the community supported me and forced the parties to give them back.

I've made a few enemies.

Of all my accomplishments, the thing I am most proud of is the countless number of friends I've made here. There are a ton of you and I don't want to leave anyone out so I'll just say thanks to all of you.

Jon2s

10* was my biggest.
simpsons
Rookie
Rookie

Forum ID: 6935

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Goals not reached yet!

My best accomplishment was making it into the PLs.

My goal is making it to PL1 or becoming a 10* team. I have not accomplished either yet. I have made it to PL6 and am a 9* team. I hope smallball continues so that I can reach my goals.
GCool
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5677

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

Hmm, in my career, I:
-managed to compile a number of PL victories
-got 2 teams to 9*, 1 DT and 1ST 2 weeks later (after a year of training)
-earned a name for myself for being a manager of great leagues
-participated in ASC and aSBa version 20.0 Wink
-made many great friends, as well as some enemies
-became SmallBall Noob Translator
-owned SB Dodgeball and won PL1
-became an editor for the SB Newspaper (which never got off the ground, but it was a cool idea)

My greatest accomplishment, in my opinion, was competing in the SCL. I didn't even win anything, and although I was in the league for one measly season (which proved to be the last season it would ever be the same), I had heard so much about it that the day I turned 9*, I signed up as Brown U. I managed to get a .500 record, but there were no regionals that season.

I love(d) this place. I'm too busy to come back right now, but I want to. I just need to keep a B in AP Bio Wink

GCool.
MY mentor, MY hero

mitype2 wrote:
I'll have some Ginger ale instead. Get it Ginger? Ginger Ale???
carsonlorts
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5615

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Money wrote:
Friends I made. I don't believe the 10*'s, PL1's, all the tournament/competition wins, and even profit made from trading compares to this for me personally. Because without a community, who's there to recognize the 10*, PL1 accomplishments? Your own two teams don't fill a whole 32 team bracket... the competition is neccesary.

You may think this pathetic, how internet friends are silly and whatnot but I think it's taken for granted.

Of course time spent hanging out with friends in "real life" as some might say is usually more fun but sometimes you need to get away from the stresses of life and there's a community where I can fall back on that. The additional beauty to that?... Everyone else deals with the same thing in one form or not and when a community like this allows such people to come together, it's a beautiful thing.

There's people that have quit this game long ago but yet I still am great friends with them through IM, myspace or phone calls... we talk about stuff like we've been best buds growing up together that I normally might not even confide in with someone in my daily life. So this is my biggest accomplishment in which I am proud of. Having found this outlet which is fun and theureuptic in ways at the same time because it's a break from the busyness and stress of daily life.

I've personally not been incredibly active as of late, but I still consider myself part of this community and felt I needed to add my input.

Now that you've read this sentimental post... if you don't believe it or think of me as weak or this sensitive little wuss... you obviously don't know me and you pretty much fail at life. Hah. 1.

I agree. What fun is it without the competition? When I am stressed I liek to come ontp the forums and just relax. Sure it was cool to finally reach 8*. When i got to the 8* level it opened so many doors. Live tournies, PL's, UL's, etc. Making friends here that support each other when they do something good and don't take losing to another member's team seriously. I have made some great friends here and I hope you guys decied to stick around a little longer.

Smallball eventually is going to end. It might be 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, etc.

Here are some ways to contact me out of smallball.

AIM - sportsfreakcl4 ( it is an L not a one)
email - carsonlorts@yahoo.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
Jump to: