SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Wed May 15, 2024 7:20 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
Is it a sign?
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [51 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  1, 2 Next
Rowdy Rooster
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 6270

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Is it a sign?

OSBC is dead. ANDNOW.com is for sale. IMO, this is the first sign of the death of SB. There was a rumor that came out that the server lease was up as of Oct. 22nd. There was also a rumor that they reupped the server for another year. I firmly believe that the latter is not the case. Now I can't confirm either rumor but after seeing OSBC go down it is rather clear to me that this is the first of many subsequent steps that will put an end to the game. Maybe OSBC has nothing to do with ANDNOW (I'm not really sure)? What I can tell you is that many of us are just too frustrated to even care anymore Evil or Very Mad . I continue to train my teams and know (in my heart) that this game will not go on. If you consider yourself a risk taker, invest in SB. Confused
I think it's probably a time to look back at your SB careers and reflect on your accomplishments. The only goal I never achieved was to win PL1 with my own personal team. I managed to be on a CT that won it but that just isn't a true representation of my own personal training skills. I had perfect games, triple plays, 10* teams, wins at all the regularly scheduled tournaments. I can say that I will be satisfied with my accomplishments when the game goes down.

"A true risk taker is one who invests in SmallBall."

Last edited by Rowdy Rooster on Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Money
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 1922

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject:

At times... OSBC will have activity, but nothing like it was a couple years ago when the commish was actively involved.

(The OSBC has nothing to do with AndNow, it is a seperate MSN group)

102450¦105235¦1141¦889¦9669¦55345¦787

So many chances in life but only one at life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rowdy Rooster
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject:

I guess my question is, who took it down and why?

Money
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 1922

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject:

Rowdy Rooster wrote:
I guess my question is, who took it down and why?

... I don't understand... took it down? I've been in OSBC for the past 9 hours. Granted I haven't been active in there, but I'm still logged in there right now. Slip and V are still logged in there as well, but I'm pretty sure both of them are sleeping.

102450¦105235¦1141¦889¦9669¦55345¦787

So many chances in life but only one at life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rowdy Rooster
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject:

I guess it is going down on OCT 18th. And the rumor of SB dying on OCT 22 just seem to coinside. I made a mistake in my statement. Why is it going down and who made that decision?

Wilson

Forum ID: 7451

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject:

Andnow or OSBC?....
wewantmoore
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 2887

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject:

Imagine every thing suddenly going to down, including these forums (or would that not happen GW?). Lots of people would lose contact. Maybe a forum should be made, as a sort of backup of this forum? It doesn't have to be active 'yet', but everyone should save the link somewhere in there bookmarks or something.

Maybe the idea sucks, but I think the community should stick together.
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7011

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:

MSN will not be offering MSN groups anymore at Oct. 18. It's all groups not just OSBC. Here's the Announcement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:

andnow.com isnt the correct sight of Smallball's parent company.. theirs is Andnow.net. andnow.net's exp date isnt 13-jun-2008.

as far as OSBC.. it is up.. it has "dead times" where no one is there.. and sometimes the msn service doesnt work correctly.. but the OSBC is still there until msn ends the chat service which I think is next month
Lil_Smit18
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5903

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

I say we start up a yahoo chat or something.
Rowdy Rooster
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

mlthmp wrote:
andnow.com isnt the correct sight of Smallball's parent company.. theirs is Andnow.net. andnow.net's exp date isnt 13-jun-2008.

as far as OSBC.. it is up.. it has "dead times" where no one is there.. and sometimes the msn service doesnt work correctly.. but the OSBC is still there until msn ends the chat service which I think is next month

Thanks that is very helpful. I wasn't aware of MSN groups going down on OCT 18th so thanks omgwat for that info as well Wink.

You know if someone from ANDNOW would tell us what the heck is going on it would be nice. Rolling Eyes

mlthmp
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 1602

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

Rowdy Rooster wrote:
You know if someone from ANDNOW would tell us what the heck is going on it would be nice. Rolling Eyes

Agreed..

However it is getting less and less likely that will ever happen.

I am 80% positive the game has "switched hands" now.. the same man we knew as commish.. i sno longer in control of it I dont think.
kid-tony17271
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7037

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: reply

I believe that somethings gonna happen by the end of oct. If it doesnt I will be happy, but its just a got feeling I have. thats why im just sitting tight not buying anymore teams or tickets I discussed this with big-dog a few days ago and everything seems to be collapsing before our eyes..rooster I think all your theorys are correct..just my 2 cents
Slip'N'Sliders
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 2483

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject:

RIP OSBC
12/31/2003-10/18/2006

What will I do now? I LIVE in the OSBC! Crying or Very sad

Im gonna work on finding a new chat somewhere, somehow, someway!

3249 Chatt. Tide Pride|1930 (RIP) Joga Bonito(FB)|1930 -XsT- |770 Redd Dog Wrestling
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
reds
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1739

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

It sucks that OSBC is going to be done..but I think we will be able to find a new chat. Hopefully the game is not ending as well.

"It's humanly impossible to stop [No.] 85. You are kind of insulting me. I cannot be stopped. Period."
-- Chad Johnson
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

actually RR, the rumor about smallball being gone in october IMO is false.. I'm pretty sure that what you are thinking of is the forums. What I heard a while ago is that Commish has only paid for these forums until this October, upon which it expires, but the smallball websites have a while yet

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6405

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

I say we all pay a small fee to GW monthly and ASK that he keep this forum going. He has great customer service skills. That speaks volumes considering we arent even his costumers.. I would be willing to pay a monthly fee to help pay for the server lease and his time to fix bugs and BAN the trouble makers.
Some might not be so willing as that is another dollar going to a game that might be folding. We need a poker forum. Twisted Evil (hint, hint)
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject:

if some users paid a small fee, there should be seperate access IMO. Also, if there were a small fee to keep this forum, i dont think it should be overwhelmed with a million outside topics than smallball.. that is if the fee were to keep it a mostly smallball forum Wink

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I agree. That would be left up to the powers that be though.
carsonlorts
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5615

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

If the Smallball froums are going down we could just get a new site for the forum that is free. I might be missing something about why we have to pay but that is just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

carsonlorts wrote:
If the Smallball froums are going down we could just get a new site for the forum that is free. I might be missing something about why we have to pay but that is just a thought.

If the Commish paid for the smallball forum through Oct 18th. (I dont know if that is true) That obviously means he will not renew. That being said, GW is the Forum / Site Admin. Can we really ask him to pay for all of this himself. He has had no compensation for the work he has done to this point as far as I know. Again I ask, can we really ask him to pay for the server lease and time spent to maintain and upkeep. The forums is all he has to do with the game now. No more footy or baseball for him.
I'm not saying this is going to happen, just made a comment that I would be willing to help with a small token of appreciation. Thats not kissing butt, just good business.
Greek Wizard
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm...

Interesting rumours going around.

If I get a chance, maybe I will make a post later today that will try to clearify everything.

Twisted Evil
Rowdy Rooster
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject:

Greek Wizard wrote:
Hmmm...

If I get a chance, maybe I will make a post later today that will try to clearify everything.

Twisted Evil

Thanks GW Smile That's the main reason for the post. Simple answers to pretty simple questions. And I hate rumors so I'd like to break the conversation open.
When the person who is representing the company doesn't respond to anyone or anything, rumors will start. My impression is that SmallBall doesn't want to reveal any information because (let's face it) they will lose money. Saying the game will be dead in a month will completely drive away sales. Not saying anything will also drive away sales. Telling us the game will go on for another year however will increase sales regardless if they patch up the glitches or not. Overall the game itself still inspires me to play. I like it and will live with the small errors in game play. I get all my tickets so I don't face some of the troubles that others have to confront.
If the game does go on another year I will be ecstatic and be happy to fish out $$$ to improve my teams and the game overall. In this case, silence is not golden and the company is shooting themselves in the foot by not catering to it's customers.
I did try researching if the company was interested in selling the game at a reasonable price. I know a few of the rest of us wouldn't mind taking it over and improving a decent product. My findings were inconclusive. So I wouldn't mind hearing some type of response that could sway the community to getting back to the way it used to be. There is so much negativity right now and it would take very little to eliminate the rumors and confusion.

Lancer
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 1823

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject:

I think...

Your friends at SBDevils and SB-CA are currently working on a chat solution.

Wink

You've tried the rest - now try the Best! www.sbdevils.com
stubs

Forum ID: 6184

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

If the forums are going to go down, it would be nice to know that they have been backed up (to some type of hard media) so if we were to start forums someplace else, we could just transfer all of the accounts and posts to that site. It can cost as little as $89/year for the server space and bandwidth to host a site like this. With the number of people that are active here, that would be less than $1/year each person. Sure, you can get them for free, but you really don't get everything you want, plus the bandwidth generated here might be too much for a free site. Just some forethought.
LBJ Fan08
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7414

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:

i dont get what is happening Confused

???

Is gonna rain!
Havana Slim

Forum ID: 7522

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

Rowdy Rooster wrote:
Greek Wizard wrote:
Hmmm...

Twisted Evil

Thanks GW Smile That's the main reason for the post. Simple answers to pretty simple questions. And I hate rumors so I'd like to break the conversation open.
When the person who is representing the company doesn't respond to anyone or anything, rumors will start. My impression is that SmallBall doesn't want to reveal any information because (let's face it) they will lose money. Saying the game will be dead in a month will completely drive away sales. Not saying anything will also drive away sales. Telling us the game will go on for another year however will increase sales regardless if they patch up the glitches or not. Overall the game itself still inspires me to play. I like it and will live with the small errors in game play. I get all my tickets so I don't face some of the troubles that others have to confront.
If the game does go on another year I will be ecstatic and be happy to fish out $$$ to improve my teams and the game overall. In this case, silence is not golden and the company is shooting themselves in the foot by not catering to it's customers.
I did try researching if the company was interested in selling the game at a reasonable price. I know a few of the rest of us wouldn't mind taking it over and improving a decent product. My findings were inconclusive. So I wouldn't mind hearing some type of response that could sway the community to getting back to the way it used to be. There is so much negativity right now and it would take very little to eliminate the rumors and confusion.

I can't imagine many people buying DT, lefty, etc. tickets when they don't know from day to day if the game will disappear the morning after they build that beautiful new Brickyard Stadium for their team.

This is really a shame, this game should be financially succesfull, the game itself is mostly great, the revenue model seems to have the right ideas, all that's lacking is execution.

Alacranes 9*
kid-tony17271
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

LBJ Fan08 wrote:
i dont get what is happening Confused

???
Rolling Eyes
Dominican

Forum ID: 4698

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know about IRC I use it on a game I play to chat on there and find like clan wars and such heres the link.

http://www.mirc.com/

Its free to.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kid-tony17271
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: reply

Greek Wizard wrote:
Hmmm...

Twisted Evil
wizard,why dont you just come clean and tell us what you know..I know that you are withholding alot of information and that you know much,much more then you proclaim...from my sources (which I refuse to give up) I hear that you and commish were best friends growing up and were in the boyscouts together...now I personally dont think people throw away those kind of friendships overnight. I think that you and commish still chat on and off...I,and many others would like to purchase more teams and tickets and I know that they say "silence is golden" but in this case I feel that silence is just "scary" please wizard, ......tell us something!
Beaner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Forum ID: 71

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: reply

kid-tony17271 wrote:
Greek Wizard wrote:
Hmmm...

Twisted Evil
wizard,why dont you just come clean and tell us what you know..I know that you are withholding alot of information and that you know much,much more then you proclaim...from my sources (which I refuse to give up) I hear that you and commish were best friends growing up and were in the boyscouts together...now I personally dont think people throw away those kind of friendships overnight. I think that you and commish still chat on and off...I,and many others would like to purchase more teams and tickets and I know that they say "silence is golden" but in this case I feel that silence is just "scary" please wizard, ......tell us something!

Give him time. Wink

Boyscouts together? lol

Proud Member of Smallball Devils
803 - 11 Great Trainers and Beaner (AcA)-(PL1)

9667 - Beauty and the 11 Beasts (AcA)-(PL1)
Retired: 5097-17690-19301 (3 PL1 Wins)
bigdogv65
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject:

I had to clean coffee off of my monitor this morning after I read that Boyscout comment. I rated the coffee spray a 9 out of 10.
paphillyman
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 5435

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject:

bigdogv65 wrote:
I had to clean coffee off of my monitor this morning after I read that Boyscout comment. I rated the coffee spray a 9 out of 10.

Now , that is a good one Laughing
Big Hippie
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 748

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

i guess it is not in the boyscout credo to not steal from innocent people.....i bet the "C" man is lovin all this banter while he sits back and counts the bucks. not cool man, not cool... thanks for the perennial tease. preesh. Evil or Very Mad
LBJ Fan08
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

hehe boyscouts.....

Is gonna rain!
Greek Wizard
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Funny thing was, I was in the cub and boy scounts (like 8 tears total)

Your sources are awesome.

Spooky.

Except the fact we live in different countries..
nelmo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I have reliable sourses that tells me Beaner hit the lotto and is buying smallball.

Ummm.....or was it the boy scouts hit lotto and are buying a Beaner.

Arggg Mad

Cant remember, but its probably........The Boy Scouts have hit lotto and have decided to bean smallball with one of their cookies.
Rowdy Rooster
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:

bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Rowdy Rooster wrote:
Rowdies Advice Line

you can purchase Advice Line tickets from the smallball mall.

send money to .........................

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
Scud42

Forum ID: 6137

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I think somebody should try to buy the hat in Bailey's avatar just to see if it comes Shocked
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5111

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Scud42 wrote:
I think somebody should try to buy the hat in Bailey's avatar just to see if it comes Shocked

I'll bet you a 700 team in the SmallBall Mall that it will never come.
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 2214

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

nelmo wrote:
I have reliable sourses that tells me Beaner hit the lotto and is buying smallball.

Ummm.....or was it the boy scouts hit lotto and are buying a Beaner.

Arggg Mad

Cant remember, but its probably........The Boy Scouts have hit lotto and have decided to bean smallball with one of their cookies.

Better than what I heard ...

I heard Beaner won the lotto and is buying the boyscouts. Shocked
LCD
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 45

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

I heard the lotto bought beaner and donated him to the boyscouts
bailey
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6392

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Scud42 wrote:
just spotted the sig, cool, do those tickets come straight away, coz noone is gonna have any to purchase them from

FA . 7027 . 9674 . 38310
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

oaf wrote:
Scud42 wrote:

actually.. cafepress is the company that sends out the hats and tee-shirts Neutral

oaf
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5111

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:
oaf wrote:
Scud42 wrote:

actually.. cafepress is the company that sends out the hats and tee-shirts Neutral

Well then, a 700 team will be coming your way (once the SmallBall Mall is up and running Razz ).

Expect it to take a few years/decades.
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

No, no, no. Beaner bought the lotto and made the boyscouts start selling cookies.... (the Girl Scouts now sell Popcorn)

Last edited by bigdogv65 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
LBJ Fan08
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

what is happening...... Confused

Is gonna rain!
kid-tony17271
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: reply

LBJ Fan08 wrote:
what is happening...... Confused
Rolling Eyes
arod3434

Forum ID: 6999

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Scouts
Subject description: Beaner

No beaner bought the boy scouts who own the lotto with the lotto owning the girl scouts and decided to combine the boy and girl scouts who will now sell lotto tickets.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
Jump to: