SmallBall.com SmallBall Sports Forums Archives

Read the history of the first SmallBall Sports community forum
This archive contains all posts from the former SmallBall Sports Forums

Please log in with your old Smallball Forums account to view all posts.

Final Update - Sunday, December 31, 2006 

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Who's OnlineWho's Online  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileRanks   RegisterRegister 
 Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log inLog in 
   SB Archives Forums IndexSB Archives Forums Index   Smallball Sports DiscordSmallball Sports Discord   WS Archives 2 Forums IndexWS Archives 2 Forums Index 

The time now is Thu May 16, 2024 6:00 pm
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
chicago mob dying????
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [76 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2
Wayne All Stars
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 7005

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

adult swim is what really keeps CN alive.

Current PL: 9
10 Pro League Wins
oaf
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 5111

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:
its from Jimmy Newtron or sumthin like that.

You and your new age cartoon crap sickens me...Back in the day cartoons used to be good. Nickelodean is dead now, they used to have good shows like "You Can't Do That on Television", "Rocko's Modern Life", "Angry Beavers", "All That (with the origianl staff)", "Snick", and "Keenan and Kell" but I don't expect you (or the fans of crap, excuse me, new Nick) to remeber those shows.

I was all about "Hey, Dude!" and that terrible camp show.... ummm... "Salute Your Shorts"
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 6682

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

oaf wrote:
humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

You and your new age cartoon crap sickens me...Back in the day cartoons used to be good. Nickelodean is dead now, they used to have good shows like "You Can't Do That on Television", "Rocko's Modern Life", "Angry Beavers", "All That (with the origianl staff)", "Snick", and "Keenan and Kell" but I don't expect you (or the fans of crap, excuse me, new Nick) to remeber those shows.

I was all about "Hey, Dude!" and that terrible camp show.... ummm... "Salute Your Shorts"

Terrible?! I loved that show! I don't know you anymore Wink
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

humdrums wrote:
oaf wrote:

I meant terribly awesome, of course. Wink
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject:

oaf wrote:
humdrums wrote:
oaf wrote:

I meant terribly awesome, of course. Wink

I hope so Razz
Veteran
Veteran

Forum ID: 76

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:

"Pete and Pete" and "Legends of the Hidden Temple" were the shiznit.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Chippy wrote:
"Pete and Pete" and "Legends of the Hidden Temple" were the shiznit.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only ones that remember and loved those shows Very Happy "What Would You do?" anyone, anyone?
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6355

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:

humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

what do you mean you dont expect anyone to know that stuff?

check out my old passive team Exclamation

http://216.93.177.24/go/on.ball.team?tid=621172

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
Wayne All Stars
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

those old shows were classic

10 Pro League Wins
Gooser
Pro
Pro

Forum ID: 3754

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

humdrums wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Gooser wrote:
Blazer44 wrote:
Coolken26 wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges.

What's that from again?

It's from the Movie "Blazing Saddles". It's when Hedley Lamar gathers all the worst criminals he can find to attack the town of Rock Ridge. I have seen this movie way to many times.

Okay maybe that is where I saw it, and SNL too. Not cartoons! Not on Nick...Damn, I can't remember anything anymore. What is that thing that you get that causes you to forget everything? Can't remember...got to go change my depends.

The "Nick" reference by humdrums was only in response to Wayne talking about Jimmy Neutron. It had nothing to do with where that line came from. Humdrums was simply explaining how crappy Nick is now compared to what it used to be, which is in fact completely true.

"Blazing Saddles" was my inspiration, btw. Pretty sure that's when it first came into use, although it's been repeated many times. It's very possibly it was said on Jimmy Neutron, but that's NOT where it came from.

Yes, thank you Chippy, that's exactly what I was saying (and also what I was not saying, I know that that line didn't come from cartoons, that's just what the new junk is stooping to, stealing 50 year old movie lines and making kids think they are original ideas). That's why I deleted Nick from my TV. If Cartoon Network didn't have Adult Swim then that would be as good as gone too.

Okay, I understand now...you had me worried for a second. Thanks for the translation Chippy. I try to write material that is occasionally tongue in cheek, not foot in mouth. I think I achieved both. Ihht ess haarp twu talb thisp wheyy. Jummy whapeber hib nabe es, stilb mabe mibe heeb shabe.
oaf
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Man, I wish I had been a contestant on GUTS. That was my dream as a kid. I wanted a piece of the Aggro Crag.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

Thanks for the blast from the past. If only Nick were smart enough to re-air those shows, the stupidity of TV Rolling Eyes
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject:

ah, the Agro Crag, such fun to watch people climb it....i would probaly get lost.

10 Pro League Wins
chspogo
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

humdrums wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

Thanks for the blast from the past. If only Nick were smart enough to re-air those shows, the stupidity of TV Rolling Eyes

Actually.. If you get comcast digital cable they have a channel that airs the shows, GUTS, legends of the hidden temple, rocco, doug, etc.

I like to go to my g/fs house to watch it Wink

Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. --Frederick B. Wilcox
humdrums
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:

oaf wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Man, I wish I had been a contestant on GUTS. That was my dream as a kid. I wanted a piece of the Aggro Crag.

Didn't we all Wink Very Happy Cool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

Actually.. If you get comcast digital cable they have a channel that airs the shows, GUTS, legends of the hidden temple, rocco, doug, etc.

They shouldn't put it on another channel, it should be on one Nick, right after they clear off all the crap. I'm glad that they are being aired though.
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

humdrums wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

They shouldn't put it on another channel, it should be on one Nick, right after they clear off all the crap. I'm glad that they are being aired though.

its actually called like nick2 or something like that.. .lol also they have nick GAS (games ans sports) things too

humdrums
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

its actually called like nick2 or something like that.. .lol also they have nick GAS (games ans sports) things too

I need to look into that then. So now I can look at nick and be like Laughing instead of Mad Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
Expert
Expert

Forum ID: 5615

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:

humdrums wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
chspogo wrote:
humdrums wrote:
Wayne All Stars wrote:

I need to look into that then. So now I can look at nick and be like Laughing instead of Mad Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

I wish my dad would let me order Nick2 and ESPNEWS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
carsonlorts
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Off Topic
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SB_Knights
Trade Agent of the Month
Trade Agent of the Month

Forum ID: 6291

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Totally off topic, I thought the topic was "we don't need no stinking badges?"

It was from treasure of seirra madre.

Some how it turned into a Nick conversation.

Oh... it was about the Mob?...

I'm sorry... I can't say anything about them or I might be killed.

| 527539 PL2 - 2 Time Devil's Night Winner |
| 956 PL2 - 1 Time Fight Night Winner |
| 3669 | 17151 | 47977 | 105056 | 485404 | 526564 |
| Team 10.4 | 701 | 703 | 14853 | 528434 |
Wayne All Stars
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject:

not really carson, it envolved Nick

10 Pro League Wins
carsonlorts
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Wayne All Stars wrote:
not really carson, it envolved Nick

The Chicago Mob is Nickelodeon?
Wayne All Stars
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject:

no, but if you wanted to say "off topic" that should of been before we started talking about TV

10 Pro League Wins
carsonlorts
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Wayne All Stars wrote:
no, but if you wanted to say "off topic" that should of been before we started talking about TV

Better late then never.
Wayne All Stars
Pro
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject:

apparently those rules dont apply to this forum Rolling Eyes

10 Pro League Wins
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [76 Posts] Goto page:  Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Forum index » SmallBall Baseball Forums » Baseball Dugout
Jump to: